All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Just now, BF2 said:

Does anybody else have a sneaky feeling he'll play for us again?

I'm very much against him staying but I can see him sweet talking his way back in to Warburton's plans.

If he does then he'll need to have the season of his life to win over the support again.

1 hour ago, Rangers Lady said:

Not a legend, Jelavic tackle was bad

Wasn't the best player but I watched every game he had for us, not once did he go hiding, always the first in at training, stuck up for the club before he signed

I get he wasn't a Bluenose but he couldn't have tried any harder, always 100% effort

You must have missed the semi final with the tarriers in 2015, Black put in the most cowardly performance I've ever seen that day... 

He's an arrogant wee shit bag who was out his depth at Rangers

6 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Does anybody else have a sneaky feeling he'll play for us again?

I'm very much against him staying but I can see him sweet talking his way back in to Warburton's plans.

A full and frank apology could see him play again.   I don't see him as the full and frank apology type though.

i think he is done with Rangers, I thinkhe got here, realised it wasn't going to be the nice easy ride he thought, and decided he wanted to gtf.    If we could afford it, we should be cunts, make him see out his contract, and let him rot in the reserves for the rest of his career.   I'd rather we just got rid of him though.

p.s. I've merged all the threads on the first few pages,  any new threads made on Barton ( except real new breaking news) will be merged into this one.

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

A full and frank apology could see him play again.   I don't see him as the full and frank apology type though.

i think he is done with Rangers, I thinkhe got here, realised it wasn't going to be the nice easy ride he thought, and decided he wanted to gtf.    If we could afford it, we should be cunts, make him see out his contract, and let him rot in the reserves for the rest of his career.   I'd rather we just got rid of him though.

p.s. I've merged all the threads on the first few pages,  any new threads made on Barton ( except real new breaking news) will be merged into this one.

To be fair, as much as he's made an arse of things with certain things he's said in interviews etc, it's worth noting that when he said he probably wouldn't make the decision to come here if he had the choice again that he followed that up by saying he believes that in time it will prove to be the right decision.

He also said in the talksport interview which I believe is his most recent one "I'm still as committed to Rangers as I was the day I signed" so I'm still not sure it's the case that he wants out.

I think what will see him gone is his refusal to admit that he was wrong in the argument with Halliday/Warburton. And if that is the case then it will be the right decision on our part to let him go.

I liked this in the telegraph from their Chief Sports writer:

Joey Barton is what happens when someone lurches from the low self-esteem of a Mean Streets childhood to a God complex, forgetting to stop in the middle to give consideration and modesty a try.

I'm at the point where I don't want him back. Even if he did apologise etc I'd give it less than three months before something else serious happened with him. He thinks this is the Joey Barton show when he's not even the best on our team. He wants all the attention when any attention he's going to get is negative because he's done nothing to be positive about. He seems like he type who gets jealous when other players are in the papers and he's not. Just a wannabee celebrity who can GTF for all I care at this point. 

The ball is in the Club's court as far as Barton is concerned.   

He's been given a punitive suspension of 3 weeks.   That is the Club's estimation of the punishment it feels is justified in relation to whatever employment crime Barton is considered to have committed.   When the suspension period elapses that is that.   If there are further conditions attached to the suspension being ended eg some sort of statement of contrition / apology then we've not been told about them.    As I read it the Club considered the so-called 'issue' (Club's word), met with Barton, was unable to resolve the matter immediately, decided to suspend for 3 weeks as a punishment and when that 3 weeks has ended unless some other 'issue' arises or the parties meet to arrange the mutual termination of the contract Barton will report for duty.

Ball is in Warburton's court.  Will he welcome Barton back into the squad or is he to be ostracised and left to train with others until a transfer or a loan deal or release of contract can be arranged.   

The opinion I'm waiting to hear from is Warburton's on what he intends to do about Barton when the suspension period ends.   I'm sure journos will be asking him that at every opportunity right up to the day the suspension ends.   I'm equally sure Warburton will 'no comment'. 

But 3 weeks from now, when the suspension ends, Rangers must do something.  It can only be one of 'welcome back into the first team squad'; or 'welcome back but others are so far ahead of you its unlikely you'll be playing much first team football so you may want to put In a transfer request (careful though about constructive dismissal)'; or 'by mutual agreement Barton will not return  - arrangements are being made to end his contract and compensation will be paid to Barton for the early mutually agreed termination.   Question is what line will Warburton take.  

And is Warburton prepared to draw a line under the 'issue' and look to work with Barton again (and ditto Barton's attitude to Warburton).    If they simply can not or will not work with each other then the only real option is to engineer the termination of the contract and pay Barton compensation.   That's the way I read it for now.  Just as the Club will have taken advice on how to proceed so doubtless will Barton.  Pity its had to come to this.  Even more of a pity that its going to drag on for at least another 3 weeks giving the media field days of opportunity to have a go at Rangers and Barton.  

I still hope he makes a return. He's got a big gob, yeah but i don't think for one minuet he's engineered a move to Rangers to promote his book. He's not had a preseason and only played 5 games. The team as a whole have been poor. I still hope he makes a come back for us and proves to be the player we all hoped. 

6 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I still hope he makes a return. He's got a big gob, yeah but i don't think for one minuet he's engineered a move to Rangers to promote his book. He's not had a preseason and only played 5 games. The team as a whole have been poor. I still hope he makes a come back for us and proves to be the player we all hoped. 

Too much water under the bridge for that now I think 

I just feel his attitude is all wrong on so many levels.

He's not going to stop thinking he's superior to everyone else on the team and in the league, even though he hasn't remotely proven that.  

Then again, all he's been trying to do is "help people get to a higher level" this whole time...

Sent an email to Thompsons solicitors 

I await a reply with baited breath. 

Say what you want but the nonsense and allegations thrown at our club is bordering on hysteria. Things like that grow arms and legs in this day and age and cunts like this think they can get away with it?

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The lawyer is implying that after the bust up Barton got treated less favourable than Halliday because of his religion. The lawyer is having a dig at Halliday and the guy who wrote the story is playing the sectarianism card. Club need the whole article retracted and threaten legal action on newspapers who wish to go down this route. Next you'll be saying is that i'm a paranoid proddy but the evidence is there even if it's only implied by the lawyer.

But i'll repeat... Barton has already stated he was suspended simply because he continued it off the pitch.. That's why Halliday wasn't suspended.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Sent an email to Thompsons solicitors 

I await a reply with baited breath. 

Say what you want but the nonsense and allegations thrown at our club is bordering on hysteria. Things like that grow arms and legs in this day and age and cunts like this think they can get away with it?

Good to see someone else being pro-active,Well done mate.

4 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

But i'll repeat... Barton has already stated he was suspended simply because he continued it off the pitch.. That's why Halliday wasn't suspended.

Read the rest of my posts, RFC52 summed it up perfectly.  

I'm not speaking about JB any more.

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Read the rest of my posts, RFC52 summed it up perfectly.  

I'm not speaking about JB any more.

Yea i read them but still confused as to what your saying here,Are you not claiming that Barton could say it was because he was a catholic he was suspended and the proof was Halliday wasn't. ?

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Yea i read them but still confused as to what your saying here,Are you not claiming that Barton could say it was because he was a catholic he was suspended and the proof was Halliday wasn't. ?

No, I'm saying the Lawyer and the reporter were implying things. Agenda  yes I think so. End of. I'm not speaking about JB any more, I'm moving on and supporting those who want to play for Rangers