All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

5 hours ago, Bears said:

This would explain McKay's continuing lack of confidence and perhaps why MW keeps playing him, to try to build him back up again. But it would beg the question of why Barton targeted Barrie. Easy target?

If this is true it makes you wonder why Sean Dyche was letting Barton leave training to go and "bully" another team's player and also why we were allowing Barton into Auchenhowie to criticise anyone when he wasn't even a Rangers player.

You know, because McKay has actually been shite since April?

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If this is true it makes you wonder why Sean Dyche was letting Barton leave training to go and "bully" another team's player and also why we were allowing Barton into Auchenhowie to criticise anyone when he wasn't even a Rangers player.

You know, because McKay has actually been shite since April?

Please note the fifth word that you quoted. Or are you saying the only cause of a player having a poor spell is Joey Barton?

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He has talent, but he needs to man up to let it out there and shine. If he can't, then he is not ready and he should be no where near the first team. He has regressed, so a spell back in the U20's is what is needed. That's what a good youth system is all about.

TBH, it's not just him. We are generally a bit lightweight.

Though Dodoo looked very lively on the left yesterday, strong, direct, quick with a trick or two.  Barry goes missing too often for me, in particular when the chips are down.  Let's hope he comes out the other side of his current form however I agree that he mibbie needs the wake up call of not being a definite starter.

I was all for giving Barton a chance and letting him get a few more games under his belt, after all he was brilliant with Burnley last season. But now after all the carry on and bother I would get rid of him in a shot if we can good player or not, he is a troublemaker and looks like he was unsettling the dressing room.

25 minutes ago, Bears said:

Please note the fifth word that you quoted. Or are you saying the only cause of a player having a poor spell is Joey Barton?

Not saying the only cause of a player having a "poor spell" is Joey Barton at all. I'm actually suggesting the "poor spell" is nothing to do with Joey Barton and more to do with the fact that he's just not very good.

I don't believe the story at all though tbh this is just the latest bullshit story that's came out. So far I've heard that he was kicking lumps out of Windass in training and that's when Halliday stepped in and the argument happened, then it was that he told Kenny Miller he's achieved nothing in his career and Halliday stepped in and the argument happened, then it was to do with Barton treating youth players like shit before the Halliday argument, then it was that he was slating Lee Wallace before the Halliday argument happened, then it was actually an initial argument with Halliday that led to Barton and Warburton arguing and Barton being sent home.

6 different versions of a story, all from supposed "insiders" at the club. Take them all with a pinch of salt because we'll never know the full story.

Story of what happened from a player who saw it ...

During training, Barton went in particularly heavy on McKay. 

After McKay picked himself up, Halliday told McKay the next time Barton tries that again, Barrie was to deck him.

Barton overheard him and had a go at Halliday, that's when it kicked off into the quality of the team & the standard of league.

At that point MW & DW stepped in to stop it, Barton then turned on MW & a heated argument happened.

It was at that point that Barton was told to leave the ground & report back the following week for further talks.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

After McKay picked himself up, Halliday told McKay the next time Barton tries that again, Barrie was to deck him.

Barton overheard him and had a go at Halliday, that's when it kicked off into the quality of the team & the standard of league.

At that point MW & DW stepped in to stop it, Barton then turned on MW & a heated argument happened.

It was at that point that Barton was told to leave the ground & report back the following week for further talks.

So the sleekit Halliday then gets rewarded with the captains armband. Well that makes a lot of sense?

If Halliday, the now teacher's pet had a spine, he would have dug out Barton himself, far less McKay sticking up for himself if he had a problem with the tackle.

Yes, it's all coming together.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

So the sleekit Halliday then gets rewarded with the captains armband. Well that makes a lot of sense?

If Halliday, the now teacher's pet had a spine, he would have dug out Barton himself, far less McKay sticking up for himself if he had a problem with the tackle.

You just can't accept that Barton is a first class wanker can you. 

25 minutes ago, Ace said:

Another version of that story, also from a player who saw it, is that Windass was the player Barton went in heavy on.

Easy to get the two of them mixed up I suppose what with them looking so much like each other.

Or maybe both stories are nonsense? The McKay one certainly is as we all know he would have passed the ball to Lee Wallace as soon as there was any possibility of him being tackled.

McKay decking anyone though :lol: 

23 hours ago, gsa said:

He's not going to play for Rangers again. I think people are dreaming if they think there will be a reconciliation and he'l be back. The manager doesn't want to have him around and it seems the players and staff don't like working with him. 

He'l be gone. 

The Joey lovers just cannae get this......NO FUCKING WAY BACK!

If there was any likelihood he would have been training with the kids as a punishment before returning to the fold.

Sitting on his arse for four weeks equals the END.

56 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

You just can't accept that Barton is a first class wanker can you. 

Did I say he wasn't? There are some just can't accept that Halliday is an extremely average player at best.  

Irrespective of anyone's rep. it's always better to get the facts and the fact of the matter is, we do not know.

What we do know, is that we have been shite a lot longer that Barton's been here, but some do seem intent on glossing over our dire ineptness on the park. It's that Joey wan don't yeh know!. Don't see many magic hatters around these days. Can't for the life me think why?!

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Did I say he wasn't? There are some just can't accept that Halliday is an extremely average player at best.  

Irrespective of anyone's rep. it's always better to get the facts and the fact of the matter is, we do not know.

What we do know, is that we have been shite a lot longer that Barton's been here, but some do seem intent on glossing over our dire ineptness on the park. It's that Joey wan don't yeh know!. Don't see many magic hatters around these days. Can't for the life me think why?!

Since Halliday was dropped for the Old Firm he's been our best player by a country mile. 

Aye we've been poor, the team have rightfully been slaughtered for it. I'd like to think we've turned a corner because we've resembled something like our best the past couple of games. Yes it's all about results but IMO we've yet to click. Which is another issue as to why it's taken so long for us to click into gear

3 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Not saying the only cause of a player having a "poor spell" is Joey Barton at all. I'm actually suggesting the "poor spell" is nothing to do with Joey Barton and more to do with the fact that he's just not very good.

Naw, yer right, Craig. That goal was a one-hit wonder. :)

On 21/09/2016 at 10:14 PM, FSM said:

Check out Rendo, handful of posts under his belt and demanding that threads be closed like some kind of Billy Big Helmet. Pipe doon son.

This thread still open? 59 pages of Barton tweets and still 2 weeks to go ( I think lost count). ???

6 hours ago, Ace said:

There must be at least 1/2 a dozen or so claiming to know what happened. I've read a similar story to yours but it's all hear say with these 'sources'.  The story I read recently was ....

There was a bounce game involving some U20 players, and JB kept the on calling one of them the wrong name in a derogatory fashion. (The u20 player shall remain anonymous) The U20 player then nutmegged JB and challenged him to call him the name again, after this JB went through the back of the young boy injuring him. This is when Halliday stepped in and had a go at Barton for the way he was acting and it all kicked off from there. 

http://rangersrumours.co.uk/rangers-rumours.php

There's also a story that JB is being transferred to Leeds on loan A.S.A.P.

End of the day it's all speculation. I don't think fans will every find out what really went on.

So some saying he can fuck off and others pleading for him to get another chance .......    

bottom line is you can't form either opinion unless you know the FULL story for a fact. And no one in here does. How can you call him a such and such or on the flip side say he's git to stay? 

Barton's future will be decided by MW and we have to trust his judgement either way. 

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I did wonder about the timing of the arm band at the time but and got told it was a message to JB he'd lost his place. MW has recently come out and said he was wrong to drop AH for Barton and that AH is a role model for others at Ibrox. http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/mark-warburton-admits-wrong-drop-8958312?

1 hour ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Barton is a piece of shit. Hope he never even looks at a Rangers jersey again, let alone wear one. 

Keep him out in the cold until January, then offload to some other team. If we get £1 in a transfer fee It's a bonus 

You'll get splinters in your arse sitting on that fence! 

You're too lenient, I would get the ? out now.