All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Just now, Getstiffed said:

I don't see how any cunt that can read plain English and has an attention span longer than 10 seconds could have failed to see it.

I've seen the man make a success of himself at everything he's done so far, both in currency trading and football. I've seen the difference in how we go about things as a club, that he has control over, whereas before we were a joke. I've seen the reaction to that change outside Scotland. Just the borderline startled nature of that reaction is enough to tell you that people outwith our borders are shocked that anyway has managed to even make the little progress we've made under him.

He's a manager learning with a group of players who for the most part are still learning as well. Its a big learning curve and it may be too big an ask but look at it this way: If he leaves, what damage is really done? We're not left with million of pounds worth of players we can't shift. Other than the over 30's, MOH and Garner we could recoup, if not make money on, most of his signings. Most of them are demonstrably better players than when they came here even if they turn out to be not good enough for Rangers. So yeah, its a risk, a gamble, an experiment or whatever you want to call it, but its one where the potential gains literally outweigh the potential losses by a bigger margin than any risk/gamble/experiment this club has ever undertaken in my life time.

We should have started this overhaul in 2012 but those of us who were saying we should were drowned out by people telling us we needed to spend, we have to make sure we get promoted, this is the only way to do it, we're never winning 3rd, 2nd or 1st division with 23 year old bosmans and boys from the youth team.

Like I said, we never learn.

So you have nothing then. other than Blind Hope and an optimistic outlook. we will look back on this thread you and I and marvel at his achievements or wonder how he got it so wrong. Think on, remember the wise always remain Humble..

1 hour ago, Smile said:

A story i heard from a reliable source close to a player, Halliday was belting out the Sash in the showers, Joey started giving it big licks with the Diddle dee tunes, McKay came in and hit Barton with his shlong, Joey got three weeks off with PTSD Halliday  didn't flinch as he'd see McKay's shlong before and  was okay to continue training.

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

Just now, Smile said:

So back on topic then Barton Yes or No.

Well we are paying him 22k a week I wouldn't put him into the starting 11 but would give him the chance to come back and prove himself . A twitter ban for him should be in order Imo

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

It's as Plausible as the shite written earlier on by one of the guys who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows things. Hilarity was not the response it was meant to provoke.

Just now, DavidC93 said:

Well we are paying him 22k a week I wouldn't put him into the starting 11 but would give him the chance to come back and prove himself . A twitter ban for him should be in order Imo

I think as you say with the initial Outlay on him we have to take a chance that it will work out for the best, But then that is up to the Manager.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

A story i heard from a reliable source close to a player, Halliday was belting out the Sash in the showers, Joey started giving it big licks with the Diddle dee tunes, McKay came in and hit Barton with his shlong, Joey got three weeks off with PTSD Halliday  didn't flinch as he'd see McKay's shlong before and  was okay to continue training.

No wonder Barrie has slowed down, lugging that around like a giant beef olive 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

He's a rookie manager who worked his way up in the game at a level well above the one we were at last season and still well above the one we are at now.

We've done a 180 operational direction with this guy in charge. The whole club has shifted from a direction its been going for as long as I've supported it, 25+ years.

We knew what we were getting and if you don't like it then tough. We'll be leading the way and setting the standard for what a football club is and doing it in such a way that insures we are not left behind by the footballing world outside Scotland.

If missing out on a title is the price to pay for creating the environment for us to flourish going forward then I'd gladly play it.

This win now at all costs shite is the reason why we wasted 3 years under Ally.

Mark Warburton doesn't learn I've heard it said......neither do we it seems.

And some if the idiots on here will throw it all away...to win at all costs.

Just now, theweebluenose said:

He's been suprisingly quiet, I thought we would have had a few more outbursts from him since the last one.

It's good that he's not been too vocal as after all this maybe he can resolve his differences at the Club and just work his arse of on the Park.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It's good that he's not been too vocal as after all this maybe he can resolve his differences at the Club and just work his arse of on the Park.

I'm doubtful he'll be able to get himself back into the team if given a chance, was off pace when he left and three weeks away isn't going to help.

3 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

I'm doubtful he'll be able to get himself back into the team if given a chance, was off pace when he left and three weeks away isn't going to help.

Agree he has looked slow and lacks match fitness but he did start training at one time with the youth team as soon as he contractually could. Our fitness throughout the team is not what it was when Warburton first came in, either that or we still haven't made the step up yet or have prepared poorly,

Players like Waghorn did extra work to try and get fitter with a striking coach.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

It's good that he's not been too vocal as afhe has attacked MW as we are ledfer all this maybe he can resolve his differences at the Club and just work his arse of on the Park.

Its going to take some sort of diplomatic core to sort this one out, IF he has attacked MW the way some have been saying I would IMagine ITs virtually Impossible for MW to keep the respect of being a strong boss . Stranger things have happened and JB will play again but someone will need to eat humblepie for that to happen.

I seriously expected him to be gone by now, however, it's not the case.

He's kept himself extremely quiet and hopefully has realised he's made an absolute cunt out of the situation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he made his way back into contention should he resolve his differences with the manager and the players...

...the crowd reaction though :lol:

He's kept his Twitter picture as him signing for us and has made clear he doesn't want to go anywhere 

As soon as he's back in the squad and playing for us, it'd be good for the support to just put it behind us as well and get behind the full team. 

11 hours ago, Smile said:

So you have nothing then. other than Blind Hope and an optimistic outlook. we will look back on this thread you and I and marvel at his achievements or wonder how he got it so wrong. Think on, remember the wise always remain Humble..

You wanna call it blind hope but I've just given you plenty of reason to believe that MW is no dummy and is not as resistant to learning and growing as you would have us believe he is willing or able.

And btw, just so you know, there's nothing humble about "I told you so" (tu)

4 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

You wanna call it blind hope but I've just given you plenty of reason to believe that MW is no dummy and is not as resistant to learning and growing as you would have us believe he is willing or able.

And btw, just so you know, there's nothing humble about "I told you so" (tu)

List the reasons all i really see is ifs and buts.