Jump to content
theiconicman

All Barton Chat.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

When's he back?

Next monday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Just checked, it's Anthony.

Currently I'd rather have Halliday in my team than Barton, and it's fuck all to do with his religion or whatever.

It's because Halliday has been a stand out since the 'incident', and Barton hasn't played anything like he can.

If Barton does play again and plays well, deserves his place in the starting team, and other 'issues' sorted or put to bed, then I've no problem with that either.

Though on past and current form, Halliday deserves his place, nothing to do with where he was born or who he supports.

Just my opinion ...

Can't disagree with any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

 

Yes, but you have to take into consideration who said the 'sleekit' bit, someone who constantly slags off anything to do with the Club, who when the mask slips, starts posting like someone who writes for An Phoblacht, then realises, and tries too hard acting out Super Prod to try and balance it out.

At best a nutter, a fantasist, at worst, well, i'll you decide ...

Still obsessed I see. You'll need to stop taking those NHS poison pills.

Again the revisionist. I challenge King not the club and will continue to do so until he ponies up the cash, far less that any Chairman of our Club should be sitting with 41 convictions of Corporate malfeasance. I will challenge Whitney as long as he continues to exploit the blue pound and intimidates fans. That's my values and clearly not yours. Each to their own.

I will challenge Warburton until he gets the results we demand and we sit where we should be in the league. You only have to look at the threads in here to see that all is far from well, but don't let that stand in the way of your obsessive personal agenda.

As for the Halliday tale, I didn't put up the OP. I responded to the OP that Halliday should have faced up Barton himself and not whisper for McKay to do it. If that aint spineless sleekit, then I don't know what is, but you most certainly do know what sleekit is. Strange how you didn't comment on the OP. Then again, maybe not.

If you have an issue with any that, then I do wonder. I'll let others decide.

I would strongly suggest that you get help with your obsession, otherwise put me on ignore, it might help with your BP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Still obsessed I see. You'll need to stop taking those NHS poison pills.

Again the revisionist. I challenge King not the club and will continue to do so until he ponies up the cash, far less that any Chairman of our Club should be sitting with 41 convictions of Corporate malfeasance. I will challenge Whitney as long as he continues to exploit the blue pound and intimidates fans. That's my values and clearly not yours. Each to their own.

I will challenge Warburton until he gets the results we demand and we sit where we should be in the league. You only have to look at the threads in here to see that all is far from well, but don't let that stand in the way of your obsessive personal agenda.

As for the Halliday tale, I didn't put up the OP. I responded to the OP that Halliday should have faced up Barton himself and not whisper for McKay to do it. If that aint spineless sleekit, then I don't know what is, but you most certainly do know what sleekit is. Strange how you didn't comment on the OP. Then again, maybe not.

If you have an issue with any that, then I do wonder. I'll let others decide.

I would strongly suggest that you get help with your obsession, otherwise put me on ignore, it might help with your BP.

Ffs haha you're a fucking tool mate 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Still obsessed I see. You'll need to stop taking those NHS poison pills.

Again the revisionist. I challenge King not the club and will continue to do so until he ponies up the cash, far less that any Chairman of our Club should be sitting with 41 convictions of Corporate malfeasance. I will challenge Whitney as long as he continues to exploit the blue pound and intimidates fans. That's my values and clearly not yours. Each to their own.

I will challenge Warburton until he gets the results we demand and we sit where we should be in the league. You only have to look at the threads in here to see that all is far from well, but don't let that stand in the way of your obsessive personal agenda.

As for the Halliday tale, I didn't put up the OP. I responded to the OP that Halliday should have faced up Barton himself and not whisper for McKay to do it. If that aint spineless sleekit, then I don't know what is, but you most certainly do know what sleekit is. Strange how you didn't comment on the OP. Then again, maybe not.

If you have an issue with any that, then I do wonder. I'll let others decide.

I would strongly suggest that you get help with your obsession, otherwise put me on ignore, it might help with your BP.

How's telling someone to stick up for themselves and not take shite from someone being sleekit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

How's telling someone to stick up for themselves and not take shite from someone being sleekit?

Ignore him mate, he's a fanny...In fact Keith Jackson in disguise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, Ace said:

Story of what happened from a player who saw it ...

During training, Barton went in particularly heavy on McKay. 

After McKay picked himself up, Halliday told McKay the next time Barton tries that again, Barrie was to deck him.

Barton overheard him and had a go at Halliday, that's when it kicked off into the quality of the team & the standard of league.

At that point MW & DW stepped in to stop it, Barton then turned on MW & a heated argument happened.

It was at that point that Barton was told to leave the ground & report back the following week for further talks.

You sure it wasn't Windass rather than McKay?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A story i heard from a reliable source close to a player, Halliday was belting out the Sash in the showers, Joey started giving it big licks with the Diddle dee tunes, McKay came in and hit Barton with his shlong, Joey got three weeks off with PTSD Halliday  didn't flinch as he'd see McKay's shlong before and  was okay to continue training.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He's a rookie manager who worked his way up in the game at a level well above the one we were at last season and still well above the one we are at now.

We've done a 180 operational direction with this guy in charge. The whole club has shifted from a direction its been going for as long as I've supported it, 25+ years.

We knew what we were getting and if you don't like it then tough. We'll be leading the way and setting the standard for what a football club is and doing it in such a way that insures we are not left behind by the footballing world outside Scotland.

If missing out on a title is the price to pay for creating the environment for us to flourish going forward then I'd gladly play it.

This win now at all costs shite is the reason why we wasted 3 years under Ally.

Mark Warburton doesn't learn I've heard it said......neither do we it seems.

 

Great everything going well then.:power_of_anguish:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Great everything going well then.:power_of_anguish:

Yeah that's exactly what I said isn't.

I've said there's enough to complain about without the agenda driven hyperbolic pish being spewed all over every thread in the BD.

In you're haste to dismiss my opinion as some how head in the sand material you seem to have missed it.

Something tells me it wasn't accidental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Getstiffed said:

Yeah that's exactly what I said isn't.

I've said there's enough to complain about without the agenda driven hyperbolic pish being spewed all over every thread in the BD.

In you're haste to dismiss my opinion as some how head in the sand material you seem to have missed it.

Something tells me it wasn't accidental.

 

I may have missed you making a good point right enough or one i could agree with, where does all this Faith in Warburton come from? what is it you see in him to make you think he could be a success at Rangers?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I may have missed you making a good point right enough or one i could agree with, where does all this Faith in Warburton come from? what is it you see in him to make you think he could be a success at Rangers?.

I don't see how any cunt that can read plain English and has an attention span longer than 10 seconds could have failed to see it.

I've seen the man make a success of himself at everything he's done so far, both in currency trading and football. I've seen the difference in how we go about things as a club, that he has control over, whereas before we were a joke. I've seen the reaction to that change outside Scotland. Just the borderline startled nature of that reaction is enough to tell you that people outwith our borders are shocked that anybody has managed to even make the little progress we've made under him.

He's a manager learning with a group of players who for the most part are still learning as well. Its a big learning curve and it may be too big an ask but look at it this way: If he leaves, what damage is really done? We're not left with million of pounds worth of players we can't shift. Other than the over 30's, MOH and Garner we could recoup, if not make money on, most of his signings. Most of them are demonstrably better players than when they came here even if they turn out to be not good enough for Rangers. So yeah, its a risk, a gamble, an experiment or whatever you want to call it, but its one where the potential gains literally outweigh the potential losses by a bigger margin than any risk/gamble/experiment this club has ever undertaken in my life time.

We should have started this overhaul in 2012 but those of us who were saying we should were drowned out by people telling us we needed to spend, we have to make sure we get promoted, this is the only way to do it, we're never winning 3rd, 2nd or 1st division with 23 year old bosmans and boys from the youth team.

Like I said, we never learn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Getstiffed said:

I don't see how any cunt that can read plain English and has an attention span longer than 10 seconds could have failed to see it.

I've seen the man make a success of himself at everything he's done so far, both in currency trading and football. I've seen the difference in how we go about things as a club, that he has control over, whereas before we were a joke. I've seen the reaction to that change outside Scotland. Just the borderline startled nature of that reaction is enough to tell you that people outwith our borders are shocked that anyway has managed to even make the little progress we've made under him.

He's a manager learning with a group of players who for the most part are still learning as well. Its a big learning curve and it may be too big an ask but look at it this way: If he leaves, what damage is really done? We're not left with million of pounds worth of players we can't shift. Other than the over 30's, MOH and Garner we could recoup, if not make money on, most of his signings. Most of them are demonstrably better players than when they came here even if they turn out to be not good enough for Rangers. So yeah, its a risk, a gamble, an experiment or whatever you want to call it, but its one where the potential gains literally outweigh the potential losses by a bigger margin than any risk/gamble/experiment this club has ever undertaken in my life time.

We should have started this overhaul in 2012 but those of us who were saying we should were drowned out by people telling us we needed to spend, we have to make sure we get promoted, this is the only way to do it, we're never winning 3rd, 2nd or 1st division with 23 year old bosmans and boys from the youth team.

Like I said, we never learn.

 

So you have nothing then. other than Blind Hope and an optimistic outlook. we will look back on this thread you and I and marvel at his achievements or wonder how he got it so wrong. Think on, remember the wise always remain Humble..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smile said:

A story i heard from a reliable source close to a player, Halliday was belting out the Sash in the showers, Joey started giving it big licks with the Diddle dee tunes, McKay came in and hit Barton with his shlong, Joey got three weeks off with PTSD Halliday  didn't flinch as he'd see McKay's shlong before and  was okay to continue training.

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back on topic then Barton Yes or No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smile said:

So back on topic then Barton Yes or No.

Well we are paying him 22k a week I wouldn't put him into the starting 11 but would give him the chance to come back and prove himself . A twitter ban for him should be in order Imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Hilarious. :rolleyes:

It's as Plausible as the shite written earlier on by one of the guys who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows things. Hilarity was not the response it was meant to provoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smile said:

It's as Plausible as the shite written earlier on by one of the guys who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows things. Hilarity was not the response it was meant to provoke.

Mission accomplished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Halliday's been our best player in every game since, but he's a Rangers fan from the Copland Road so that means he's overrated:rolleyes:

Bollocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DavidC93 said:

Well we are paying him 22k a week I wouldn't put him into the starting 11 but would give him the chance to come back and prove himself . A twitter ban for him should be in order Imo

I think as you say with the initial Outlay on him we have to take a chance that it will work out for the best, But then that is up to the Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Mission accomplished. 

I know you don't get it as it's not written in Crayon.:541:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×