All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

3 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

It's still the rule, if he disagreed with it, he should challenge the rule appropriately, not ignore it.

like hes going to get the SFA to change a rule :) stupid for getting caught unlike the others. Especiall;y when you are making enemies who will grass on you

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Whether it's a stupid rule or not, it's still a rule and he's an idiot for breaking it.

Shouldn't be compared to Ian Black though.  Betting on Rangers and matches you can influence is a different accusation all together.

Seen on twitter he's due to be on a league of their own on the 10th of November. Not sure if there is much truth in it TBH. If there is it's clear his football career is getting in the way of his PR stunts as no doubt it was filmed when he was banned. Praying this betting charge is the final straw for him and he's shown the door. 

3 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Seen on twitter he's due to be on a league of their own on the 10th of November. Not sure if there is much truth in it TBH. If there is it's clear his football career is getting in the way of his PR stunts as no doubt it was filmed when he was banned. Praying this betting charge is the final straw for him and he's shown the door. 

If he's filmed it while suspended from the club then I don't see the issue. It could well be the case that he was approached after his suspension as they knew he would be doing nothing for a couple of weeks anyway.

Difficult to judge if you don't know the full story.

I do not agree with this rule.  You should be allowed to bet on games at least outwith the league you play in.  It is a rule though, and Joey's a tool for breaking it.  He has been nothing but a problem for us.  I hope there are grounds to get him away from our club.  

5 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

I do not agree with this rule.  You should be allowed to bet on games at least outwith the league you play in.  It is a rule though, and Joey's a tool for breaking it.  He has been nothing but a problem for us.  I hope there are grounds to get him away from our club.  

Ian Black bet against us and never got sacked.

I'd be very surprised if we sack Barton for betting on games that don't involve us.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If he's filmed it while suspended from the club then I don't see the issue. It could well be the case that he was approached after his suspension as they knew he would be doing nothing for a couple of weeks anyway.

Difficult to judge if you don't know the full story.

IMO he shouldn't be fannying around on tv programmes when he's suspended. Just doesn't sit right with me. Like I said in the OP not sure how much truth is in it. 

2 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

IMO he shouldn't be fannying around on tv programmes when he's suspended. Just doesn't sit right with me. Like I said in the OP not sure how much truth is in it. 

Why not? He's suspended from the club and not even allowed to train with us so while he's suspended he's free to do whatever he likes.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Until January as we cant afford to offload him beforehand unless he agrees a mutual termination.

I think he will leave after that though.

I agree, I just wonder how close we would be to a mutual agreement for him to leave the club immediately. I think that's possible. If he stays till January it's hard to imagine how that will work out till then. But I agree he will possibly be gone before the end of the season.