All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't believe MW did sign him. I believe DK chose him as a ome off gesture because he made a promise to sign a marquee player. He's now fulfilled his promise. I don't feel MW should be blamed for this signing as it goes against everything he needs or wants from a player.

Gilks and Hill go against Warburton's youth theory, as does Senderos, did King sign them?

40 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The problem we have is that there appears to be no sugar daddy out there willing to invest at this time, which actually tells it's own story. If there was, king couldn't stand in the way. He could be awkward, but at the end of the day he is a minority shareholder and could be swept aside. The other problem we have, is the level of debt owed to the board and the HK investors, which will increase the price. Any stalking horse will just watch to see the how the cash flow goes and if they can come up with more loans to keep us liquid. If not, then they will strike and make the deal from a position of strength and there will be nowt king can do about. The question is, is there a stalking horse out there?

Agree with this - there are issues at play behind the scenes.

The thing that really pisses me off though is that I dont think this Rangers squad needs tens of millions in investment to be truly competitive, but its fucking obvious that we could do with someone who has a decent amount of funds to inject into the club. Quality costs money. We dont have much of either. 

what we do need however does seem to be wildly in excess of what the current board has available - which seems to be the square root of fuck all. 

I also get wound up thinking about how many minted declans would emerge from the woodwork if their "club" needed a cash injection. I cannot, for one single second, fathom a situation whereby celtic are cash strapped and nobody steps forward. Rangers hierarchy has been rotten to the core for years now which has clearly put investors off. I dont believe that the incumbent board are rotten to the core, i just think that there are too many political agendas at play behind the scenes to allow for an investor to come in and exert some influence on the club - as a result we are fucking stranded in this weird no man's land where we appear to be treading water without any actual resolution to the problems or long term strategy. its shite. 

Whatever those agendas may be, who knows, but I dont, for the record, buy into the claims that King is on the rob and dont see how he can possibly have anything other than reasonably well meaning (if misplaced) intentions - for those claiming that he's in it for himself, we should remember that there's fuck all left to take out so the cunt is on a hiding to nothing if that's his end game. I do wish he would show some more flexibility and ambition though, at the moment he's in danger of drifting into "all fart and no shite" territory. He needs to find cash, sort the fucking retail deal out and show he's not just another shyster cunt. 

there is also the other issue of whether or not warburton should and could be trusted with a substantial transfer budget. jury is out for me. take a doing tomorrow and he's on a shoogly peg IMO. cant be fucked listening to any more mr nice guy pish - we need a hard nosed rangers cunt in the boardroom and a harder nosed rangers cunt in the dugout. 

33 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Seems we have learned nothing...some of you would have us exactly like the money chaser slut at the end of the bar in Arta waiting to pounce on the first sign of a guy with money. It never ends well.

Nothing ends well with Rangers, signings, on the pitch, dealing with the press, getting backers, the list gets longer by the minute and the possibility of more debt shortly, we won't have an end, just going round in circles unless we get someone with the means to give or get money into the club. The future looks bleak.

15 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Agree with this - there are issues at play behind the scenes.

The thing that really pisses me off though is that I dont think this Rangers squad needs tens of millions in investment to be truly competitive, but its fucking obvious that we could do with someone who has a decent amount of funds to inject into the club. Quality costs money. We dont have much of either. 

what we do need however does seem to be wildly in excess of what the current board has available - which seems to be the square root of fuck all. 

I also get wound up thinking about how many minted declans would emerge from the woodwork if their "club" needed a cash injection. I cannot, for one single second, fathom a situation whereby celtic are cash strapped and nobody steps forward. Rangers hierarchy has been rotten to the core for years now which has clearly put investors off. I dont believe that the incumbent board are rotten to the core, i just think that there are too many political agendas at play behind the scenes to allow for an investor to come in and exert some influence on the club - as a result we are fucking stranded in this weird no man's land where we appear to be treading water without any actual resolution to the problems or long term strategy. its shite. 

Whatever those agendas may be, who knows, but I dont, for the record, buy into the claims that King is on the rob and dont see how he can possibly have anything other than reasonably well meaning (if misplaced) intentions - for those claiming that he's in it for himself, we should remember that there's fuck all left to take out so the cunt is on a hiding to nothing if that's his end game. I do wish he would show some more flexibility and ambition though, at the moment he's in danger of drifting into "all fart and no shite" territory. He needs to find cash, sort the fucking retail deal out and show he's not just another shyster cunt. 

there is also the other issue of whether or not warburton should and could be trusted with a substantial transfer budget. jury is out for me. take a doing tomorrow and he's on a shoogly peg IMO. cant be fucked listening to any more mr nice guy pish - we need a hard nosed rangers cunt in the boardroom and a harder nosed rangers cunt in the dugout. 

They were part of the old hierarchy that's the problem, one of Rangers biggest problems is signings and making the square root of nothing when selling them on and this manager isn't any better.

I like a good conspiracy but this one about the manager not signing Barton is hilarious.  Himself weir and mcparland have to agree on a player to sign or it doesn't happen.  Look back at warburtons pressers. He looks quite chuffed to have got Barton here and thanks the board for getting a deal done.  Add to the fact they all took advice from Sean dyche who had just had a good season from Barton.

You can also look back to pressers where he says he wanted to bring in experienced pros to go with the younger guys,I have no doubts who signed Barton but it's just been a bad move for all concerned

7 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Nothing ends well with Rangers, signings, on the pitch, dealing with the press, getting backers, the list gets longer by the minute and the possibility of more debt shortly, we won't have an end, just going round in circles unless we get someone with the means to give or get money into the club. The future looks bleak.

When will you and everyone else pushing for this learn?

20 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

King shuld be on the phonre to Robert Sarver asking him to get involved and invest.  This guy was serious about us, had money to put in and was knocked back

39 minutes ago, tartansmokie said:

King shuld be on the phonre to Robert Sarver asking him to get involved and invest.  This guy was serious about us, had money to put in and was knocked back

King's a pygmy by comparison. WTF would anyone put in significant investment for someone else to control it and even help themself to it? Big money men don't let little money men control their cash, otherwise they wouldn't be big money men for long.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gilks and Hill go against Warburton's youth theory, as does Senderos, did King sign them?

That old guy that we had training for ages with the dodgy knees as well near enough from the moment MW came in. Then Kranjcar who he went over to the US to speak with him and talk him into signing.

But the boardroom crew want to blame King doh 

48 minutes ago, MasterD said:

That old guy that we had training for ages with the dodgy knees as well near enough from the moment MW came in. Then Kranjcar who he went over to the US to speak with him and talk him into signing.

But the boardroom crew want to blame King doh 

Funny that when the team were first playing good winning football, and the whole ethos of The Club was being changed for the better, how a lot of people were posting undying gratitude towards DK and the board and regaling us all with how shrewd this board was, and how we should all be so grateful to them, as had they not taken over the boardroom we would be stuck with the old board and still be in the championship, and also telling us that the board deserved to bask in the glory of the team as they had made it happen.

Up to a point this is only partially true though, as now the team are not distracting away from any deficiencies the board may or may not have, people rightly have cause to wonder and question how effective their part in all this is.

Like now, when the football is not the best and the manager has not managed to bring in the skilled staff necessary to make a strong challenge for 55, those same people are telling us that it is out of order to hint, focus or apportion some of the blame on said board ..... baffling to say the least, there has to be a balance mate, and the board are part of the weight in that balance and should not be treated as untouchables.

:uk:

The filthy press would have been instructed before the interview not to ask questions he couldn't answer , and they did as you would have expected and badgered warbuton .

traynor should have flung the guy out to make an example , fed up of all the mr nice crap .

59 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

MW may have made some mistakes, but he has one hand tied firmly behind his back due to budget constraints, leaving us nowhere near challenging the scum.

We had the second highest budget in the land as we moved up the divisions and we remain so. There is a step up in class to the top tier and it was always going to be difficult, but a little more cash and a decent central defender wold have been nice as that is where our biggest weakness has been since the turn of the year.

Barton did look a decent enough signing at the time and plenty were applauding it, but it has been a failure. However, due to this now necessary holding role to cover the ineptness in central defence is just a waste IMHO, no matter who is in there. I feel it has disrupted the flow we all waxed lyrical about when MW first came and we were on fire.

We don't need tens of millions, but a few mil to bring in a step up in quality. The defence is looking stronger, but it is still our biggest weakness I feel. Even with Rossiter going in the hole, it may compensate more, but it still restricts him and could again affect the whole rhythm of the team in the way that even MW likes the game played. I just think our biggest failure was not bring in a more mobile and adept central defender. As for overtaking the scum, I think we have a long way to go and they have the necessary funds available should they need it and that I feel is what makes the difference in playing catch up. MW needs cash to give him a greater depth of better quality players.

I'm sure our budget will be helped by paying off Warburtons marquee signings contract..

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need someone to put some money into the club or we are just going stagnate 

Totally agree and there is no learning required to understand that fact. Its the board that need to do some learning, there might be some of the younger players who were bought that might come good over this season and next season, but the experienced pros are a disaster and the 4 C/B's are a troupe of clowns and the Barton affair has made us a laughing stock,  Dave coco the clown King....Going for 55 ....er 2nd place....er well maybe mid table. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Funny that when the team were first playing good winning football, and the whole ethos of The Club was being changed for the better, how a lot of people were posting undying gratitude towards DK and the board and regaling us all with how shrewd this board was, and how we should all be so grateful to them, as had they not taken over the boardroom we would be stuck with the old board and still be in the championship, and also telling us that the board deserved to bask in the glory of the team as they had made it happen.

Up to a point this is only partially true though, as now the team are not distracting away from any deficiencies the board may or may not have, people rightly have cause to wonder and question how effective their part in all this is.

Like now, when the football is not the best and the manager has not managed to bring in the skilled staff necessary to make a strong challenge for 55, those same people are telling us that it is out of order to hint, focus or apportion some of the blame on said board ..... baffling to say the least, there has to be a balance mate, and the board are part of the weight in that balance and should not be treated as untouchables.

:uk:

This!