All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

41 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

So the scum tried to sign him after they know we were in for him. One cunt of a club so fair play to him coming to us as again I'm sure they offered him more money than we did.

The guys still a Rangers player at the moment and a lot of people shouId remember that. 

Although he wishes he wasn't with his comment about not making the same decision.

Honestly sick of the baggage this cunt brings with him.  He should have said sorry, shut the fuck up, and treid to show people here why he is so highly thought of as a player down there.

If he can't do that, then just fuck off and let the team get on with it.

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Na, don't like ye.

Ah the old playing hard to get routine.. We could be mates and go to the pictures and stuff,My sister works in the Odeon and can get us in for free and we could sit in the carpark afterwards and polish your cross.

15 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Were him and Senderos betting on any Gers player getting a red card not named Barton in the old firm?

What an absolute cunt of a situation. What an absolute cunt. 

It's becoming an absolute circus now and the betting thing has just pushed it over the edge,All we need now is to find out he's put money on us drawing with Kilmarnock and or Hamilton... What would happen then. 

36 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Honestly sick of the baggage this cunt brings with him.  He should have said sorry, shut the fuck up, and treid to show people here why he is so highly thought of as a player down there.

If he can't do that, then just fuck off and let the team get on with it.

Telling Barton to stay away from training was always going to create a circus.  As a result many has been left embarrassed.  There must've been a better way to handle this from the clubs perspective.  Joey said taking time away from training wasn't the right thing to do and maybe he was right.

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Barton takes a bite out of a mid‑afternoon sandwich in the well‑heeled neighbourhood of Bearsden, six miles from the centre of Glasgow, and thinks about his move. “Knowing what I know now?” he says, chewing thoughtfully. “Reflecting on it, would I have made the same decision? Probably not. I’ve even been honest with people about that. There is an honesty that I am operating which means some people think I’m critiquing them. But I know that in time it will turn out to be the right decision. As tough as it is, adversity brings out the best in you.

Actually mate... that's quite brilliant (tu)  Why?  Believable.  We have to move on NOW from this fucking mess. (tu)

Fuck me. That reads like a truly delusional wee cunt.

I am sick of hearing about how incredible he was at Burnley last year. I couldn't give a fuck if he actually had the best season any midfielder ever had last year. Fact is, he came up here and proceeded to play like absolute shite. A shadow of himself and in the process has looked/sounded like he couldn't give a fuck about it either.

Fuck him. The way he puts it makes it sound like he's offering ideas on how we should be doing this and that and because we haven't dropped everything and listened to him he's thrown the biggest huff.

I know we'll never know the ins and outs of what truly went on with this bullshit situation but come on, how big a cunt can someone be?

Shit like this:
"Football is my art form and I’ve gone: ‘OK. This is not the worst painting I’ve ever done. It’s not vintage but it’s not the worst.’ I’ve got people who I don’t think have seen any decent art in I don’t know however many years critiquing me. Now everything in me wants to go: ‘What the fuck do you know?’"

He's calling it a much lower level yet he can't even seem to cope with it and it's only early fucking doors as well. It's not like he's been here that long.

This is also another very telling sentiment:
“This is a country of five million people and pretty much all anyone cares about is Rangers and Celtic. Of course there is a small periphery who don’t. In England that’s diluted by 20 clubs. I’ve come up and I’m the Englishman – and there is the England-Scotland rivalry.”

Barton laughs, with a touch of self‑mockery. “If everyone just listened to me it would be fine. Look, everyone is really emotional about Rangers and Celtic up here. But when you’re tasked with being a leader, if you make emotional decisions you tend to make the wrong decisions. This is the way it is and, listen, if you don’t like it there is always the option to say: ‘Hey, I’ve had enough. It’s not as if someone is holding a sword to my throat and I’ve got no way out. Fucking hell, this is tiddlywinks compared to what I’ve been though in life.”

I mean, just get to fuck. doh

He's came up here and I'm convinced he thought he'd walk this league. Turns out he can't handle it whatsoever and it shows clear as day. He clearly can't handle any criticism either for his shit form, especially from people he deems so unworthy to play the game.

14 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Ah the old playing hard to get routine.. We could be mates and go to the pictures and stuff,My sister works in the Odeon and can get us in for free and we could sit in the carpark afterwards and polish your cross.

If your sister's old enough and looks good, then maybe.

"It’s difficult when I’m playing at a level which, clearly, I’ve not played at before. It’s a much lower level and I’m trying to help people get to a higher level."

“If everyone just listened to me it would be fine. Look, everyone is really emotional about Rangers and Celtic up here. But when you’re tasked with being a leader, if you make emotional decisions you tend to make the wrong decisions. This is the way it is and, listen, if you don’t like it there is always the option to say: ‘Hey, I’ve had enough. It’s not as if someone is holding a sword to my throat and I’ve got no way out. Fucking hell, this is tiddlywinks compared to what I’ve been though in life.”

For fucksake. As much as everyone knows this league isn't remotely what the English Championship is, he has absolutely no respect for this league. He just has no fucking respect for the league or the players in it. Clearly in the mindset that he would waltz in and be billy big baws showing every cunt and their dog how it's done. Fact is, he hasn't. He's played shite. Regardless of how he was Mr fucking Midfield at Burnley last year. It seems because we aren't playing how he thinks we should be he's thrown the toys out the pram big style. He's not above this league. He can't even handle the rightful criticism he's received. He seems to fully believe the players criticising him are beneath him. 

Fuck him.
Cunt.

19 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

This is also another very telling sentiment:
“This is a country of five million people and pretty much all anyone cares about is Rangers and Celtic. Of course there is a small periphery who don’t. In England that’s diluted by 20 clubs. I’ve come up and I’m the Englishman – and there is the England-Scotland rivalry.”

Barton laughs, with a touch of self‑mockery. “If everyone just listened to me it would be fine. Look, everyone is really emotional about Rangers and Celtic up here. But when you’re tasked with being a leader , if you make emotional decisions you tend to make the wrong decisions. This is the way it is and, listen, if you don’t like it there is always the option to say: ‘Hey, I’ve had enough. It’s not as if someone is holding a sword to my throat and I’ve got no way out. Fucking hell, this is tiddlywinks compared to what I’ve been though in life.”

I mean, just get to fuck. doh

He's came up here and I'm convinced he thought he'd walk this league. Turns out he can't handle it whatsoever and it shows clear as day. He clearly can't handle any criticism either for his shit form, especially from people he deems so unworthy to play the game.

FFS.

"I’ve come up and I’m the Englishman" 

Wes, Tavernier, Clint Hill, Joe Garner, Windass, Forrester, Lee Hodson, Rossiter, Matt Crooks and Waghorn are Englishmen. As is the gaffer. But JB is "the Englishman". 

"But when you're tasked with being a leader"

He wasn't tasked with being a leader, he was just asked to play football. Lee is the Club Captain, Miller is the Vice-Captain and MW and DW are the management.

The guy's a fucking nutcase.

14 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He wasn't tasked with being a leader, he was just asked to play football. Lee is the Club Captain, Miller is the Vice-Captain and MW and DW are the management.

He might have been asked to be a leader on the pitch.  The manager might have asked Barton to mentor the younger guys since he does have such a wealth of experience at the top level.  We simply don't know.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He might have been asked to be a leader on the pitch.  The manager might have asked Barton to mentor the younger guys since he does have such a wealth of experience at the top level.  We simply don't know.

This man does not "have such a wealth of experience at the top level". He's been around a bit, I'll give you that.

The only honours he has ever won in his career are three English Championship promotion medals... with Newcastle, QPR and Burnley.

At least he's got something to show his grandkids but it's not exactly "a wealth of experience at the top level".

26 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

FFS.

"I’ve come up and I’m the Englishman" 

Wes, Tavernier, Clint Hill, Joe Garner, Windass, Forrester, Lee Hodson, Rossiter, Matt Crooks and Waghorn are Englishmen. As is the gaffer. But JB is "the Englishman". 

"But when you're tasked with being a leader"

The guy's a fucking nutcase.

Hodson isn't btw.

9 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

This man does not "have such a wealth of experience at the top level". He's been around a bit, I'll give you that.

The only honours he has ever won in his career are three English Championship promotion medals... with Newcastle, QPR and Burnley.

At least he's got something to show his grandkids but it's not exactly "a wealth of experience at the top level".

You are forgetting hes a big england international too

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Joey Barton certainly does have a wealth of experience.  He's spent over a decade down South playing in one of the worlds top leagues and has 240+ appearances in the EPL.  You can rubbish his English Championship success if you like but that competition is of a higher standard than anything you'll find up here in Scotland. 

Silverware's nice but it doesn't tell the whole story.  Efe Ambrose must have 3 league winners medals by now.  Perfroming in one of the worlds top leagues is more impressive to me that poor players winning things in a poor league.