All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Joey Barton certainly does have a wealth of experience.  He's spent over a decade down South playing in one of the worlds top leagues and has 240+ appearances in the EPL.  You can rubbish his English Championship success if you like but that competition is of a higher standard than anything you'll find up here in Scotland. 

Silverware's nice but it doesn't tell the whole story.  Efe Ambrose must have 3 league winners medals by now.  Perfroming in one of the worlds top leagues is more impressive to me that poor players winning things in a poor league.

Yes but what you said was that his "wealth of experience" was "at the top level".

That's not true.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Well, playing for England isn't easy is it?  If Barton was Scottish he would have 100 caps by now. 

Hes a 1 cap wonder ffs , this was the guys first chance at a massive club where winning is the only thing accepted and he has crumbled , and 100 caps ? Fletcher and ferguson would have kept him out the team 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Did he really just say that if he had to make the decision again (the move to Rangers) he wouldn't and he's already told people this? ... if I've read that right then never mind the 3-week suspension - terminate his contract tomorrow morning.

I think that if we, Rangers, knew then, what we know now, we would never have signed him either.

Is he the 'poor man's ' Eric Cantona?

9 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Yes but what you said was that his "wealth of experience" was "at the top level".

That's not true.

It is true.  Playing in the EPL for that many years against some of the best players in the world is a wealth of experience. 

11 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Hes a 1 cap wonder ffs , this was the guys first chance at a massive club where winning is the only thing accepted and he has crumbled , and 100 caps ? Fletcher and ferguson would have kept him out the team 

If Scott Brown can get 50 caps then I'm certain Barton could've gotten a hell of a lot more.  You can criticise his one cap for England if you like but playing for such a massive country is extremely difficult.  Fletcher or Barry Ferguson wouldn't have been called up for England.  In fact, when was the last time we had a player up here good enough to play for England on a regular basis? 

22 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Haha. Away and throw shite at the moon.

Over the past decade England have had some top class CMs like Lampard, Beckham, Gerrard, etc.  Getting games for Scotland is a heck of a lot easier than playing for England.  English Championship level players are more than good enough to play for Scotland.  Barton was playing regular football in the EPL for many years and would've been getting called up to the Scotland squad on a regular basis if that was his nationality.  But yeah, let's all slag Barton for not having more England caps.  What a wanker he is, eh?

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Scott Brown can get 50 caps then I'm certain Barton could've gotten a hell of a lot more.  You can criticise his one cap for England if you like but playing for such a massive country is extremely difficult.  Fletcher or Barry Ferguson wouldn't have been called up for England.  In fact, when was the last time we had a player up here good enough to play for England on a regular basis? 

Seth johnson , nugent , ricketts , davies , ball , thompson , jeffers etc all agree england is nearly impossible to get a cap for 

4 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Was told a story during the week off a workmate(bluenose) that Barton has been a dick  to one of thd younger players constantly and deliberately mis-pronouncing his name...one of thd older players told him thats not his name and he replied i dont give a fuck 

Shocking behavior if true 

I'm sure that I read, somewhere in the BD, that it was Josh Windass, and Kenny Miller pulling him up about it. Maybe I just imagined it though?

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Seth johnson , nugent , ricketts , davies , ball , thompson , jeffers etc all agree england is nearly impossible to get a cap for 

You're trying to make it seem like it's easy to play for the England national team.  Are you trying to convince yourself of this nonsense?  You have absolutely no chance of convincing me.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're trying to make it seem like it's easy to play for the England national team.  Are you trying to convince yourself of this nonsense?  You have absolutely no chance of convincing me.

Thats because your a bit of a retarded efl fan boy , you're probably right though and theres no chance any of those 2 would have got an england cap

Screenshot_2016-09-20-03-56-52.png

Screenshot_2016-09-20-03-56-09.png

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There were some bang average players that got capped for England at that time tbf. James Beattie got 5 caps and look how well he did for us.

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Thats because your a bit of a retarded efl fan boy , you're probably right though and theres no chance any of those 2 would have got an england cap

They wouldn't have got near that England midfield because it had world class players in it.  I know Barry Ferguson is highly thought of on here but Gerrad, Beckham, Scholes, and Lampard were on a different planet. 

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

They wouldn't have got near that England midfield because it had world class players in it.  I know Barry Ferguson is highly thought of on here but Gerrad, Beckham, Scholes, and Lampard were on a different planet. 

And yet guys like kieron dyer and jermaine jenas were getting regular caps alongside them

I don't really get the criticism for Barton that is now being dished out to be honest.  Barton didn't earn more England caps and is being slated for that?  Barton played 240 games in the EPL and people are now rubbishing that achievement too?

How many caps do guys like Halliday, Holt, Windass, Waghorn or Tavernier have?  How many EPL games have those guys played?  What winners medals (other than a Petroface and Scottish Championship) do those guys own?  If Barton's career is laughable then what does that make the rest of our squad?  I think some of you lot are allowing your hatred for Barton to effect your judgment. 

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How many caps do guys like Halliday, Holt, Windass, Waghorn or Tavernier have?  How many EPL games have those guys played?  What winners medals (other than a Petroface and Scottish Championship) do those guys own?  If Barton's career is laughable then what does that make the rest of our squad?  I think some of you lot are allowing your hatred for Barton to effect your judgment. 

The players you mentioned did not spend the last 3 months giving it Billy Big Baws stuff about being the best player in the SPL.

16 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

The players you mentioned did not spend the last 3 months giving it Billy Big Baws stuff about being the best player in the SPL.

They don't have any caps either.  Apparently playing for England is a peace of piss so what's their excuse?  Getting a call up should be a given considering the very poor standard of our national team. 

26 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

I'm a very average water carrier of a player and if I'm not surrounded by top players my limited talent is exposed.

We could've had Paul Pogba in the midfield against Celtic and we would've still lost 5-1.  There's real problem with Rangers at the moment and almost no one is performing at an acceptable level. 

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Well, playing for England isn't easy is it?  If Barton was Scottish he would have 100 caps by now. 

Bobby Russell never got any Scotland caps, give me a pick of a top of their game Barton or Russell, no brainer Russell was twice the player and 10 times the man.