All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

People moan about MW not being given enough money?

Between Barton and Kranjcar near £120,000 a month is just going down the drain. Feck we could have signed a class striker on a Bosman and paid him these kind of wages.

There no point signing 11 players when most of them are unfit and too old to take us forward. We could have signed four decent players for the money wasted who could have improved the team now.

26 minutes ago, Smile said:

There no point signing 11 players when most of them are unfit and too old to take us forward. We could have signed four decent players for the money wasted who could have improved the team now.

Even 11 unfit and /or old players must be better and more use than barton and kranjcar are to us at the moment 

26 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

What a load of absolute shite this entire saga is , it's bloody cringeworthy .

Aye , Bartons the first geezer to lose the plot at work and spout a few home truths . FFS , it happens all the time and I've done it more than a few times .

Usually everyone kisses and makes up and there is a wee boost to morale with everyone accepting their human etc . 

For all we know the other players might all be on Joey's side ? . 

MW signed him and it's up to him to make it work , you don't just wash your hands of a guy cos he lost the plot after a bad result .

I really hope there is more to this one than we are hearing , I really do .

I'd Certainly have Barton playing before Kranjcar if both were fit. Kranjcar arms move faster than his legs.

The barton saga took the storm out of the 5 1 game 

the hibs fans took the storm out of the cup final 

and after being humiliated by the tims on the park and somehow escaping with a 1 0 took the storm out of what really was a pumping 

terrible performance on Wednesday storm taking out of it by bartons meting

fuck me warburton has got away with a lot of slack 

45 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

People moan about MW not being given enough money?

Between Barton and Kranjcar near £120,000 a month is just going down the drain. Feck we could have signed a class striker on a Bosman and paid him these kind of wages.

Dembele!

5 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

The barton saga took the storm out of the 5 1 game 

the hibs fans took the storm out of the cup final 

and after being humiliated by the tims on the park and somehow escaping with a 1 0 took the storm out of what really was a pumping 

terrible performance on Wednesday storm taking out of it by bartons meting

fuck me warburton has got away with a lot of slack 

It's a running joke in scottish football now. Every important game Rangers lose, expect a club statement around 7pm. It's a fucking riddy.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Sandaza revealed business-sensitive info (terms of his deal like wages) which is normally gross misconduct (or a breach of a specific clause regarding confidentiality). 

It is a good point, we're being told on this thread even gross mis-conduct cases take months to sort out.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

It is a good point, we're being told on this thread even gross mis-conduct cases take months to sort out.

They can, they can also take a matter of days if the evidence is there to prove it. In Sandaza's case there was an audio recording of him discussing the confidential terms of his contract. I don't see where there'd neccessarily be much of a case for Sandaza to plead to make it drag on over a matter of months.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I really do wonder what 3/4 good solid signings for the spine of the team would have done for the guys who made the step up & are all toiling at the moment.

Bit like people are saying Kiernan's doing a bit better with Hill next to him, but signings with a longer shelf life, if you get my drift.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Bit like people are saying Kiernan's doing a bit better with Hill next to him, but signings with a longer shelf life, if you get my drift.

Maybe Warburtons idea with that is have Hill pass on the knowledge and skills to Kiernan/Wilson so that they can be the brunt of the backline? if you know what I mean. 

Likes of Rossiter and Halliday (TMB just got triggered) could've learned from Barton, he's been in the business a while and you do have to be a cunt to control the midfield. 

1 hour ago, Land Rover said:

What a load of absolute shite this entire saga is , it's bloody cringeworthy .

Aye , Bartons the first geezer to lose the plot at work and spout a few home truths . FFS , it happens all the time and I've done it more than a few times .

Usually everyone kisses and makes up and there is a wee boost to morale with everyone accepting their human etc . 

For all we know the other players might all be on Joey's side ? . 

MW signed him and it's up to him to make it work , you don't just wash your hands of a guy cos he lost the plot after a bad result .

I really hope there is more to this one than we are hearing , I really do .

2 guys had a fight at training, the manager steps in when tempers are still hot and starts talking about respect etc & tells Barton he is elder statesman so should know better, Joey takes hump as he believes he didn't start fight but retaliated "Do you expect me to let him hava go at me & I do nothing" and so it goes on and  Barton tells a few home truths. that's the way I heard it.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Maybe Warburtons idea with that is have Hill pass on the knowledge and skills to Kiernan/Wilson so that they can be the brunt of the backline? if you know what I mean. 

Likes of Rossiter and Halliday (TMB just got triggered) could've learned from Barton, he's been in the business a while and you do have to be a cunt to control the midfield. 

That sort of thing, only with guys who would have been reliable starters - one way or another, the guys who should have been doing that 'mentoring' haven't been all that available.

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That sort of thing, only with guys who would have been reliable starters - one way or another, the guys who should have been doing that 'mentoring' haven't been all that available.

The only mentor that is reliable is Kenny Miller but a striker is only as good as the midfield behind him. If they aren't getting the ball fed to them there isn't much they can do. 

Meanwhile in the Mid there isn't a "mentor" there and the defence mentor has been doing good but again if the midfield in front of them isn't good then the pressure will build and build and eventually a goal will leak in 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

The only mentor that is reliable is Kenny Miller but a striker is only as good as the midfield behind him. If they aren't getting the ball fed to them there isn't much they can do. 

Meanwhile in the Mid there isn't a "mentor" there and the defence mentor has been doing good but again if the midfield in front of them isn't good then the pressure will build and build and eventually a goal will leak in 

Spot on.

Midfield is the key.

Without being him specifically (too old) but I'm thinking a Keith Lasley type figure - Mr Reliable, with between 30 & 37 league appearances a season, every year since 2011.

48 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

It's a running joke in scottish football now. Every important game Rangers lose, expect a club statement around 7pm. It's a fucking riddy.

It's a running joke with the same humourless Rangers hating fuckwits who think "Lee Wallace is a grass" is cracking patter. Fuck them

Only reason we never see any other club's statements in the media is nobody gives a fuck about any other tinpot club in this country. All about the Rangers