All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

46 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I have an opinion that if we all use this to fire the team up then it's no bad thing - if JB comes back he has the potential to make us stronger - if he is finished we just move on - it's no biggie I just think there is a player there and I, personally, would not give up on him quite so easily 

I would like that, but it appears it is over.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Right I'm going with sarcasm in that post and it just hasn't come across well on the interweb. 

Was supposed to be an implied dig that it isn't us that cover things up, that would be the other half of Glasgow.

I'm not well, I am not on my A game :D

5 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

I disagree Gogzy. This will hang over our heads for at least a month now. While the BBC and the rhags have a field day with it.

Not good for the clubs image, and should have been well covered up or put to bed straight away.

They should've came out and told us exactly what happened, ending all speculation. 

There was no way the fact Barton was sent home wasn't going to get out especially not with our leaky club and with Barton having a mouth and ego the size of the Clyde tunnel. 

Out of all the professional footballers in Scotland strange its only Rangers players are pulled up for this. Dont believe for a minute none at parkhead have ever put on a bet.

Where does this information come from? This constant shit  is 100% agenda  against Rangers.

The SFA getting involved? Those lousy papist bastards  should be shot if they stick their nose into this  before a conclusion to what their going to do about hibs and that cup final.

48 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but we signed him because of his season with Burnley in the Championship where by all accounts he was a model player,role model, POTY and in the Championship's team of the year. It did appear that he was more mature and not the JB of old so I don't blame the management for signing him. We all wanted him to be successful but he has fucked up and is unlikely to play for us again. These things happen. 

You didn't anticipate the pressures at Rangers being different to those at Burnley and that for a player with a history of volatility and as many criminal convictions as Al Capone this might be a bad idea? Hindsight wasn't required.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Any player being suspended for 3 weeks is going to be subject to intense media speculation. 

We are all surmising because we know no facts. Which is right from the club.

We can say "it's fuck all" but we don't know if it is or isn't. 

The club are following disciplinary guidelines as per acas. This is all about Barton's conduct. We don't know what happened to discuss proportion.

Given that I believe if he doesn't walk he'll be sacked for gross misconduct then I'd suggest there's a lot gone on and more than has came to light through gossip or leaks.

We'll just have to wait and see mate.  :541:

Hopefully in the meantime the team isn't effected by the media shite and our performance on the park doesn't suffer.

2 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Out of all the professional footballers in Scotland strange its only Rangers players are pulled up for this. Dont believe for a minute none at parkhead have ever put on a bet.

Where does this information come from? This constant shit  is 100% agenda  against Rangers.

The SFA getting involved? Those lousy papist bastards  should be shot if they stick their nose into this  before a conclusion to what their going to do about hibs and that cup final.

The betting, it has to be an employee of the betting company. Also it's probably the reason he got another 3 weeks suspension by the club. 

Its a stupid bloody rule but a stupid rule is still a rule and he would've known about it, so he can't blame anyone but himself. 

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

You didn't anticipate the pressures at Rangets being different to those at Burnley and that for a player with a history of volatility and as many criminal convictions as Al Capone this might be a bad idea? Hindsight wasn't required.

In my opinion it wasnt as simple as that.. This could have been a brilliant signing. I can see what the thinking was behind it.. A personality like that thriving on playing for a huge Club like us. Turned out it didnt work... we move on.

Just now, Bears r us said:

I keep thinking that if it is true that the first attempt to analyse the game on the Monday got out of hand and had to be stopped maybe it should have been left at that. :unsure:

I have to say that shows a bit of naivety by Warburton and Weir. 

It was still a raw wound, it was only ever going to end up one way and that's was raised voices and the wrong thing being said. 

5 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

What a mess. How much do we think recent results are due to Joey Barton disrupting the dressing room?

Hes such a disruption he was able to cause a shite defence predictable tactics, lack of goals and under investment all beforehe signed,

50 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

But as a club have we made every new signing aware of this? 

Any monies he won he should donate to the children's sick unit from Celtic ?

Obv i cant answer that but i would imagine the club and pfa scotland would both make all players aware of it , the players agent i guess should also be making their client aware of things like that

27 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

So.....if the Sun has an inkling of insight......it seems this is all really about a clash of egos.    But Barton's ego was well known to Warburton and Rangers before he was signed.   Poor judgement in signing him perhaps or poor judgement in believing he could be managed effectively.

My theory - entirely speculative and based on absolutely no knowledge of the events whatsoever (so I guess a job in the Sun could be an option for me) is this......Barton told Warburton that what he tried to do in the OF game was not good enough (that's the version without expletives) and that MW was not good enough as a manager to deliver what Rangers needs.     

Remember that Warburton made a bit of curious statement after the OF game (see italic text below).   Maybe Barton reminded him bluntly about Warburton's share of the blame not only for OF game but for the start to the league campaign.  A line Warburton may have taken as going too far.  With emotions then ruling supreme over cool heads the egos take off and the Club has no alternative but to back the manager.   Its then just a case of how and when this episode is brought to an end ......and how much it costs Rangers for having had Barton as a player but never having got the best out of him before he leaves.  The Barton 'issue' could rumble on for quite a while to come and in doing so provide fertile ground for media speculation.   The Club does like to provide a steady stream of news stories for the press.

MW quote on Rangers website after the OF game  - “There is a fine balance there. We were very aware of being split as a unit, and we didn’t press on the front foot as we normally do- we didn’t show that high-pressing desire in our game, and again that could be a mixed message. “If it is, that’s my fault, nobody else’s fault. ........."

So what your saying is its all the Managers fault???

18 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Last line maybe correct , but hes been an absolute wanker all his life and everyone at the club knew it.

In the football world now a days who is not a wanker?  All over paid and do not live in the real world.

I like Joey as he always goes against the grain , maybe not always for the better but what he said to the team needed saying , and as for Halliday? Did he even play 45mins at the piggery? 

The media now want him gone, me I am not buying into that unless their is a profit to be had for the club.