All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

8 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I did wonder about the timing of the arm band at the time but and got told it was a message to JB he'd lost his place. MW has recently come out and said he was wrong to drop AH for Barton and that AH is a role model for others at Ibrox. http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/mark-warburton-admits-wrong-drop-8958312?

Barton has been gash playing in the hole, but Halliday ain't much better in there. If that's how he want's to continue to set us up, then he needs much better quality in there.

Folly.

13 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Since Halliday was dropped for the Old Firm he's been our best player by a country mile. 

Aye we've been poor, the team have rightfully been slaughtered for it. I'd like to think we've turned a corner because we've resembled something like our best the past couple of games. Yes it's all about results but IMO we've yet to click. Which is another issue as to why it's taken so long for us to click into gear

Halliday was dropped for the Old Firm?  He might not have started the game but he was on the pitch for the entire second half.  Holt's came back from injury and it's he who's been the biggest positive since that Old Firm game. 

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

So some saying he can fuck off and others pleading for him to get another chance .......    

bottom line is you can't form either opinion unless you know the FULL story for a fact. And no one in here does. How can you call him a such and such or on the flip side say he's git to stay? 

Barton's future will be decided by MW and we have to trust his judgement either way. 

It's not a given that Warburton will decide his future.  If we drop points up at ICT and lost to Celtic on the 23rd do you think Warburton will still be here? 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's not a given that Warburton will decide his future.  If we drop points up at ICT and lost to Celtic on the 23rd do you think Warburton will still be here? 

It's a good point looking at the games coming up theres some really tough games which could make his position  untenable.

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Warburton will be here. The club has invested more in Mark Warburton in terms of him shaping the playing side etc than it has on any player, and if Barton ever plays for Rangers again I'll be very surprised. It's already worth bearing in mind that this "untenable" position Warburton is nearly at is, at the moment, three points off second. We have to be rational, the club has, as a fact, came back up from the lower divisions, and on a playing front and off the park is finding its feet again. Warburton will bring success to this club, given time.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Halliday was dropped for the Old Firm?  He might not have started the game but he was on the pitch for the entire second half.  Holt's came back from injury and it's he who's been the biggest positive since that Old Firm game. 

Halliday's been our best player in every game since, but he's a Rangers fan from the Copland Road so that means he's overrated:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

There must be at least 1/2 a dozen or so claiming to know what happened. I've read a similar story to yours but it's all hear say with these 'sources'.  The story I read recently was ....

There's also a story that JB is being transferred to Leeds on loan A.S.A.P.

End of the day it's all speculation. I don't think fans will every find out what really went on.

My tale is 3rd hand ... maybe of a mate of a player but I trust it.

12 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

Now Halliday is sleekit and weasled his arm into the captains armband.

Nothing to do with the captain and the vice captain sitting the stands.

Every decision the manager makes will just get slaughtered and its literally only because of who appointed him manager.

:lol:

I question him as he's making a cunt of it not because of the board even though i think they will be bad for our club.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Some of our fans have a genuine dislike for Andy and it's quite bizarre.

It appears that since the training ground bust up that some people seem to feel the need to take sides. If you like Halliday you need to hate Barton and vice versa.

Not realising that this sort of thing happens on the training ground a lot more often than we get to find out about and that the players have quite possibly put it behind them already.

38 minutes ago, Smile said:

I question him as he's making a cunt of it not because of the board even though i think they will be bad for our club.

Whatever you say mate. Quoting posts from 2 months ago to score a point makes you're agenda perfectly clear.

I can't even remember you being very complimentary towards him right from the get go despite the job he done in a very short space of time with very little to work with.

It's almost as if you're scunnered he's got this far. I know you're not a tarrier and that makes it even sadder.

16 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It appears that since the training ground bust up that some people seem to feel the need to take sides. If you like Halliday you need to hate Barton and vice versa.

Not realising that this sort of thing happens on the training ground a lot more often than we get to find out about and that the players have quite possibly put it behind them already.

Nah mate its been going on since last season. It's almost as if they've written him off right at the start and are even more pissed that he's done much better than they predicted.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Hallidays but i'd rather have him in my side than Joseph Francis..

He was our best MF in the first 4 competitive games. I honestly think if we'd been able to have a normal pre season you wouldn't have seen Barton or Kranjcar getting lumped into games they weren't physically ready for. Same goes for Clint Hill.

Look at the weekend there. Dodoo comes off the bench instead of MOH and I read someone claiming that it proves the manager made a mistake signing him and knows it. Eh naw mate, MOH has had some game time and Dodoo hasn't and this is the last chance for 10-14 days to get him some meaningful time.

The mental gymnastics on display to criticise the manager and certain players is astounding. There's plenty of shite to have a moan about without this hyperbolic fuckery.