All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

41 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It appears that since the training ground bust up that some people seem to feel the need to take sides. If you like Halliday you need to hate Barton and vice versa.

Not realising that this sort of thing happens on the training ground a lot more often than we get to find out about and that the players have quite possibly put it behind them already.

This. Rangers should have handled it without this suspended nonsense 

57 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Nah mate its been going on since last season. It's almost as if they've written him off right at the start and are even more pissed that he's done much better than they predicted.

There's a few players in our team that get over the top criticism IMO. I've seen posters on here wishing injury on players etc which is baffling.

But if anyone is pissed off because a player is doing better than they expected them too then they're supporting the wrong club.

I can't stand Senderos, I think he's horrific and an absolute shitebag after his performance against the tarriers. He's still a Rangers player though so if he plays for us again, which he probably will, then I'll be hoping he proves me wrong. That's the way it should be with every player.

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Yes, but you have to take into consideration who said the 'sleekit' bit, someone who constantly slags off anything to do with the Club, who when the mask slips, starts posting like someone who writes for An Phoblacht, then realises, and tries too hard acting out Super Prod to try and balance it out.

At best a nutter, a fantasist, at worst, well, i'll you decide ...

Spot on , tarrier bastard like a few who are allowed to post on here.

52 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Hallidays but i'd rather have him in my side than Joseph Francis..

Halliday has been a stand out since the 'incident'.

When he Captained us, he was living all our dreams, and played very well.

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Who?

Barton.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

His name isn't Joseph Francis though.

If we're going to throw in middle names as some sort of emphasis that he's a tarrier then at least use the right ones.

Just checked, it's Anthony.

Currently I'd rather have Halliday in my team than Barton, and it's fuck all to do with his religion or whatever.

It's because Halliday has been a stand out since the 'incident', and Barton hasn't played anything like he can.

If Barton does play again and plays well, deserves his place in the starting team, and other 'issues' sorted or put to bed, then I've no problem with that either.

Though on past and current form, Halliday deserves his place, nothing to do with where he was born or who he supports.

Just my opinion ...

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Whatever you say mate. Quoting posts from 2 months ago to score a point makes you're agenda perfectly clear.

I can't even remember you being very complimentary towards him right from the get go despite the job he done in a very short space of time with very little to work with.

It's almost as if you're scunnered he's got this far. I know you're not a tarrier and that makes it even sadder.

No, it's always better to have a wee follow up whether it's two months or two years if you are true to your opinions they should be the same.

I didn't think Warburton a rookie Manager should have got the Rangers job as we did that with Ally you are correct on that, Ally even after some fine tutelage from Walter Smith couldnt manage Rangers, for me it isn't a job for a guy to learn the ropes at.

I want my team to do well if the Manager doing well i will praise him but when i see he's making a cunt of it i will always have a negative opinion on that.

If you just want to read happy clappy everything's going well when it's not I'd put me on ignore.

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Just checked, it's Anthony.

Currently I'd rather have Halliday in my team than Barton, and it's fuck all to do with his religion or whatever.

It's because Halliday has been a stand out since the 'incident', and Barton hasn't played anything like he can.

If Barton does play again and plays well, deserves his place in the starting team, and other 'issues' sorted or put to bed, then I've no problem with that either.

Though on past and current form, Halliday deserves his place, nothing to do with where he was born or who he supports.

Just my opinion ...

Can't disagree with any of that.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Yes, but you have to take into consideration who said the 'sleekit' bit, someone who constantly slags off anything to do with the Club, who when the mask slips, starts posting like someone who writes for An Phoblacht, then realises, and tries too hard acting out Super Prod to try and balance it out.

At best a nutter, a fantasist, at worst, well, i'll you decide ...

Still obsessed I see. You'll need to stop taking those NHS poison pills.

Again the revisionist. I challenge King not the club and will continue to do so until he ponies up the cash, far less that any Chairman of our Club should be sitting with 41 convictions of Corporate malfeasance. I will challenge Whitney as long as he continues to exploit the blue pound and intimidates fans. That's my values and clearly not yours. Each to their own.

I will challenge Warburton until he gets the results we demand and we sit where we should be in the league. You only have to look at the threads in here to see that all is far from well, but don't let that stand in the way of your obsessive personal agenda.

As for the Halliday tale, I didn't put up the OP. I responded to the OP that Halliday should have faced up Barton himself and not whisper for McKay to do it. If that aint spineless sleekit, then I don't know what is, but you most certainly do know what sleekit is. Strange how you didn't comment on the OP. Then again, maybe not.

If you have an issue with any that, then I do wonder. I'll let others decide.

I would strongly suggest that you get help with your obsession, otherwise put me on ignore, it might help with your BP.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Again the revisionist. I challenge King not the club and will continue to do so until he ponies up the cash, far less that any Chairman of our Club should be sitting with 41 convictions of Corporate malfeasance. I will challenge Whitney as long as he continues to exploit the blue pound and intimidates fans. That's my values and clearly not yours. Each to their own.

I will challenge Warburton until he gets the results we demand and we sit where we should be in the league. You only have to look at the threads in here to see that all is far from well, but don't let that stand in the way of your obsessive personal agenda.

As for the Halliday tale, I didn't put up the OP. I responded to the OP that Halliday should have faced up Barton himself and not whisper for McKay to do it. If that aint spineless sleekit, then I don't know what is, but you most certainly do know what sleekit is. Strange how you didn't comment on the OP. Then again, maybe not.

I would strongly suggest that you get help with your obsession, otherwise put me on ignore, it might help with your BP.

Ffs haha you're a fucking tool mate 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

How's telling someone to stick up for themselves and not take shite from someone being sleekit?

On 02/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, Ace said:

Story of what happened from a player who saw it ...

During training, Barton went in particularly heavy on McKay. 

After McKay picked himself up, Halliday told McKay the next time Barton tries that again, Barrie was to deck him.

Barton overheard him and had a go at Halliday, that's when it kicked off into the quality of the team & the standard of league.

At that point MW & DW stepped in to stop it, Barton then turned on MW & a heated argument happened.

It was at that point that Barton was told to leave the ground & report back the following week for further talks.

You sure it wasn't Windass rather than McKay?

A story i heard from a reliable source close to a player, Halliday was belting out the Sash in the showers, Joey started giving it big licks with the Diddle dee tunes, McKay came in and hit Barton with his shlong, Joey got three weeks off with PTSD Halliday  didn't flinch as he'd see McKay's shlong before and  was okay to continue training.

9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He's a rookie manager who worked his way up in the game at a level well above the one we were at last season and still well above the one we are at now.

We've done a 180 operational direction with this guy in charge. The whole club has shifted from a direction its been going for as long as I've supported it, 25+ years.

We knew what we were getting and if you don't like it then tough. We'll be leading the way and setting the standard for what a football club is and doing it in such a way that insures we are not left behind by the footballing world outside Scotland.

If missing out on a title is the price to pay for creating the environment for us to flourish going forward then I'd gladly play it.

This win now at all costs shite is the reason why we wasted 3 years under Ally.

Mark Warburton doesn't learn I've heard it said......neither do we it seems.

Great everything going well then.:power_of_anguish:

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

Great everything going well then.:power_of_anguish:

Yeah that's exactly what I said isn't.

I've said there's enough to complain about without the agenda driven hyperbolic pish being spewed all over every thread in the BD.

In you're haste to dismiss my opinion as some how head in the sand material you seem to have missed it.

Something tells me it wasn't accidental.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Yeah that's exactly what I said isn't.

I've said there's enough to complain about without the agenda driven hyperbolic pish being spewed all over every thread in the BD.

In you're haste to dismiss my opinion as some how head in the sand material you seem to have missed it.

Something tells me it wasn't accidental.

I may have missed you making a good point right enough or one i could agree with, where does all this Faith in Warburton come from? what is it you see in him to make you think he could be a success at Rangers?.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I may have missed you making a good point right enough or one i could agree with, where does all this Faith in Warburton come from? what is it you see in him to make you think he could be a success at Rangers?.

I don't see how any cunt that can read plain English and has an attention span longer than 10 seconds could have failed to see it.

I've seen the man make a success of himself at everything he's done so far, both in currency trading and football. I've seen the difference in how we go about things as a club, that he has control over, whereas before we were a joke. I've seen the reaction to that change outside Scotland. Just the borderline startled nature of that reaction is enough to tell you that people outwith our borders are shocked that anybody has managed to even make the little progress we've made under him.

He's a manager learning with a group of players who for the most part are still learning as well. Its a big learning curve and it may be too big an ask but look at it this way: If he leaves, what damage is really done? We're not left with million of pounds worth of players we can't shift. Other than the over 30's, MOH and Garner we could recoup, if not make money on, most of his signings. Most of them are demonstrably better players than when they came here even if they turn out to be not good enough for Rangers. So yeah, its a risk, a gamble, an experiment or whatever you want to call it, but its one where the potential gains literally outweigh the potential losses by a bigger margin than any risk/gamble/experiment this club has ever undertaken in my life time.

We should have started this overhaul in 2012 but those of us who were saying we should were drowned out by people telling us we needed to spend, we have to make sure we get promoted, this is the only way to do it, we're never winning 3rd, 2nd or 1st division with 23 year old bosmans and boys from the youth team.

Like I said, we never learn.