All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Why not? He's suspended from the club and not even allowed to train with us so while he's suspended he's free to do whatever he likes.

Becuase he's putting himself in an awkward positon. You know the first thing that James Cordon or Jack Whitehall will do is start to take the piss for his suspension. He goes on another on of his stupid rants and gets himself in to more bother. He should have been keeping a low profile for three weeks IMO.

At the very least, he wasn't betting against us unlike Ian Black. End of the day, it's his money and he can do what he likes with it. 

Stupid rule, but it's a rule nonetheless. 

Also the journos must be wanking themselves into oblivion, another headline, another chance to make Rangers look like cunts. 

Hypocrisy from the beneficiaries of bookie sponsorship.  It's sad as fuck- hibs get away with hooligan scenes and our manager gets a ban for bad language at a ridiculous decision and now probably a match ban for Barton having a bet on games that he can't influence whatsoever 

24 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Why not? He's suspended from the club and not even allowed to train with us so while he's suspended he's free to do whatever he likes.

Not sure that's the case,  he is still under contract with us, and is on paid leave.  He certainly can't just do whatever he likes.

Just now, gogzy said:

Not sure that's the case,  he is still under contract with us, and is on paid leave.  He certainly can't just do whatever he likes.

Well to a certain extent he can. I'm sure if the club had any issues with filming TV shows while suspended then they would make him aware of it.

I don't see an issue with it personally. He wasn't allowed to be near the club for 2 weeks so if he gets the option to do other things during that period of time then, as long as he's not breaking any rules, he should be free to do so.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Well to a certain extent he can. I'm sure if the club had any issues with filming TV shows while suspended then they would make him aware of it.

I don't see an issue with it personally. He wasn't allowed to be near the club for 2 weeks so if he gets the option to do other things during that period of time then, as long as he's not breaking any rules, he should be free to do so.

i disagree.  Like I said, he is under contract with us, and that will most likely have a very specific part in it about other stuff like being on TV, media etc.  Those stipulations will all still count, suspension or not.

39 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Thought Black only got a small ban, but ive checked and was for 10 games apparently. 

From STV. Black was handed a 10-match ban for betting on his own side and served three of them with the other seven suspended.

Barton would be looking at less than that surely

36 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Says on Sky Sports the bets were placed between July 1 and September 15.

Potentially the final stages and the Euros and a few friendlies in there. Didn't think that would be a big deal tbh.

Became a big deal when he signed for us, SFA going after a Rangers player -who'd a thunk it.

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

i disagree.  Like I said, he is under contract with us, and that will most likely have a very specific part in it about other stuff like being on TV, media etc.  Those stipulations will all still count, suspension or not.

Barton worked in the media as a pundit before he came to us.  I doubt Rangers would've written up a contract that meant he couldn't continue that work for the next 2 years he was with us.  Many footballers work as pundits in their own time I don't see an issue with it TBH.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Of course. That's why I said as long as he's not breaking any rules then he's free to do as he likes.

If there is such a stipulation in his contract and he's went against it then I'd fully expect him to be punished for it.

16 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

From STV. Black was handed a 10-match ban for betting on his own side and served three of them with the other seven suspended.

Barton would be looking at less than that surely

I'd imagine a large part of Black's suspension would have been due to him betting on matches he could potentially influence the outcome of.

Barton should have a lesser punishment. Whether that turns out to be the case is another story though.

Interesting that they've dredged up bets from the very day he became a Rangers player. That suggests that he perhaps was continuing his pattern of behaviour under the English rules (which I understand are more lenient) and nobody told him (or he didn't listen) about the more stringent requirements in Scotland. The club really could do more to make its staff aware of these rules, particularly when they've joined from a league that has a different system.

2 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Can folk not just get their Mrs or mate to do it with their money? 

Regardless its a rule that's in place so he's an idiot, more so, for breaking it.

That's what I've always thought, just get some other cunt to bet for you.