All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

Regardless of whether the betting rule is good, bad, or whatever, Barton has broken it and I don't think we employ anyone without making them aware of the rules. I just hope this gives the club the right to sack him without any compensation as he has already brought enough negative publicity. We don't need him.

8 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Regardless of whether the betting rule is good, bad, or whatever, Barton has broken it and I don't think we employ anyone without making them aware of the rules. I just hope this gives the club the right to sack him without any compensation as he has already brought enough negative publicity. We don't need him.

No he shouldn't have had a bet but frankly it is a ridiculous rule.

What the fuck has it to do with the SFA or anyone else if you bet on a game not involving yourself?

It should not even be against the rules to bet on your own game as long as you are betting to win so cannot be accused of not trying.

The way i see it if you don't bet on the game your playing there shouldn't be a problem.

I've seen a few guys who play in the 1st  and 2nd divisions with the clubs tracksuits on in the bookies putting on coupons and nobody bothers about it, their just like us they like a wee bet on the football on a saturday

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

No he shouldn't have had a bet but frankly it is a ridiculous rule.

What the fuck has it to do with the SFA or anyone else if you bet on a game not involving yourself?

It should not even be against the rules to bet on your own game as long as you are betting to win so cannot be accused of not trying.

I don't disagree with any of your points but I'm just hoping there's a way we can sack him without paying him money we don't have. I believe he has been disrespectful to Mark Warburton and will disrupt team harmony. He has added nothing to the team, so far, and probably never will. An adventurous but flawed signing which went against the manager's signing policy.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

All footballers bet it's funny it's mainly Rangers player getting targeted here.

That's not true, quite a few players have been given varying bans over the last year, even the worst scenario of betting on a games you were playing in resulted in a six match ban and four of them suspended. Barton will probably get a one or two match ban, but then again.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Sponsored by booze (Carling, Tennents, Mangers) players aren't encouraged to drink though

Sponsored by betting companies (32Red, dafabet) players are forbidden to bet

Sponsored by eyewear companies (Specsavers) Referees can't see a fucking thing

Irony? Scottish Football has it in abundance. 

bang on the money mate.

The betting charge so soon after signing for Rangers throws up a number of so far seemingly unanswered questions.  Such as.............

Does the contract Rangers drew up make it clear that betting is not permitted?   I mean expressly clear and not just buried inside a general catch-all clause about complying with SFA rules.   Rangers' reputation had recently been tarnished by the Black betting fiasco so it was up to the Club to review its contract terms and make damn sure the prohibition on betting was spelled out in clear, simple Janet and John terms that even dense footballers and even denser agents could not fail to understand.   If the contract was expressly clear on this subject then Barton and his reps must have been aware of this when he signed the contract so more fool him for disregarding his contract terms. 

I suppose the contract should list events and / or behaviours that individually or cumulatively would be deemed to be gross misconduct (eg striking a colleague or theft and so on).  If a 'no-betting' clause was one of them then that could be the end for Barton at Rangers without any further ado.   Dismissal for gross misconduct.  Contract terminated.  No compensation to the player.   But did the Club write the contract in such a way that any proven acts of betting would be deemed to be gross misconduct?   If not - bearing in mind the already tarnished reputation - then why not?  We'll never know of course because of the silence from within the Club on these matters.

Did Rangers HR people and / or the Manager not brief new players on the 'no betting' rule?  Again bearing in mind the only too recent Black scandal you'd think new players would be taken to one side on arrival and briefed on do's and don'ts relating to the SFA rules and the traditions of the Club.   If that has not happened - or not briefed well enough - then the Club is to some extent at fault for it should have made sure that sort of briefing was included when inducting new staff into Rangers.   If it did happen then, again, hell mend Barton for being so arrogant as to ignore the messages.   Again, its doubtful we'll ever know as ostrich mentality will apply until the controversy blows over.

I suppose the question could be out there which wonders whether Barton knew at some stage he was breaking rules but continued anyway.  Then why do this?  Maybe as a device to get out of a contract he may now regret having signed.    We'll never know.  Again, the enforced silence from Club and player only creates space to speculate.   But why place bets and continue to place them if you knew it was likely to be discovered and you knew it was a breach of SFA (and therefore Club) rules?  And as a result it was entirely foreseeable that it would put Barton at odds with not only the SFA but the Club and the Support.  

Barton will know full well that the court of Rangers opinion, formed out of whatever actual fact is known and out of speculation where neither the Club or Barton make facts available,  will pronounce its verdict long before any SFA court.     I do not currently see how Barton will emerge from this and still hope to be an effective player for Rangers.   Equally, I cannot see how the Club comes out of this well unless it had indeed made it expressly clear to Barton in his contract and as part of induction briefing that betting was not permitted and if carried out would be a serious offence. 

We've had more than most Supporters should be asked to stomach with all the financial and off-field misbehaviours over the last 4 years.   To have that translated to on-field football matters is stuff we could do without.   Its enough this season to have been disappointingly strung along by Club spokesmen that we are just to be 'competitive' or just 'highly competitive' this season.   Now the potential for a scandal-fuelled Barton looks like it could rumble on well through at least the first half of an already less than ideal season.

This guy was never going to fit well with a club that expects it's players to carry themselves with dignity and respect. He should be fired for embarrassing the club with all this bullshit, no matter how much we dislike them one of our players should not be calling out their captain or manager and a certain level of respect should be upheld between players on both sides it's just the way it is. It appears he has disrespected our manager, and now this betting nonsense, we punted a club legend like Barry Ferguson for not living up to the Rangers standard why should this clown get away with his one man circus.   

24 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Listening to Talksport earlier tonight , journo reckons we will throw the book at Barton , to get him out the door . If he's to be found guilty and gets a ban 

How could he possibly know that?  Another leak from within the club?

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How could he possibly know that?  Another leak from within the club?

Someone on twitter was saying that of the 44 bets, only 1 related to Scottish football which was Celtic to get beat by Barcelona by at least 3 goals and that a one match ban is most likely. 

Ian Black got a bigger punishment because a lot of his bets were related to Scottish football, such as betting against us at least 3 times. but in saying that he had bet over 130 matches in a 7 year time period. 

24 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Someone on twitter was saying that of the 44 bets, only 1 related to Scottish football which was Celtic to get beat by Barcelona by at least 3 goals and that a one match ban is most likely. 

Ian Black got a bigger punishment because a lot of his bets were related to Scottish football, such as betting against us at least 3 times. but in saying that he had bet over 130 matches in a 7 year time period. 

I read the tweets you're talking about earlier.  I'm certain Barton will get a ban but expect it to be one or two matches at most.  These comments about Rangers using this issue as an excuse to drive the player out the club are new to me. 

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I read the tweets you're talking about earlier.  I'm certain Barton will get a ban but expect it to be one or two matches at most.  These comments about Rangers using this issue as an excuse to drive the player out the club are new to me. 

The only way I could see that happening is the club taking the stance off "You've fucked up twice in quick succession, the second time during a punishment". Stated that way, it could be possible?

It's hard to say, either way it's bringing the wrong kind of attention to Rangers in a way since it's RANGERS players Joey Barton who signed for RANGERS and plays for RANGERS but was suspended by RANGERS following a bust up at the RANGERS training facility where RANGERS players train to play for RANGERS.  

and gives journos who hate us ammo to voice their hatred. 

I can't remember where I heard it, but not long after he signed for us he was talking about wages in the EPL and he mentioned that after all the summer transfers had gone through it seemed that it was only him that took a wage cut whilst bang average players where getting big money moves. He seemed very envious of it and alarm bells have rung since then.

The interview Must have been on talksport 

2 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Listening to Talksport earlier tonight , journo reckons we will throw the book at Barton , to get him out the door . If he's to be found guilty and gets a ban 

Wont happen as we let Black off the hook and will be used against us if we try to dump Barton.