All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

5 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

If Walter Smith and Dick Advocaat stood for it why wouldn't Warburton?

I'm focused on this signing, and Warburton's style of management. He did not have Barton signing behind his back. And don't you think Dyche would have tipped him off anyway? This is purely because Warburton was away whilst Barton was signed, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That doesn't in any way verify your story. Some people disagreeing with the manager on a player is nothing new, but is a long shot from the rumour you heard. Warburton is the CEO of all things on the playing front at Rangers; he wouldn't be here otherwise.

Warburton doesn't have the standing Within the game nor had a strong enough hand to tell Rangers h is CEO of all things in the playing front

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I'm focused on this signing, and Warburton's style of manager. He did not have Barton signing behind his back. And don't you think Dyche would have tipped him off anyway? This is purely because Warburton was away whilst Barton was signed, nothing else.

I'll repeat it again, i never sad behind his back. I said it wasn't his decision to sign him.

Just now, AlCapone said:

Warburton doesn't have the standing Within the game nor had a strong enough hand to tell Rangers h is CEO of all things in the playing front

He has it within Rangers, and if he didn't have it he wouldn't be here. Warburton has an imprint in the whole of Auchenhowie right now, in everything that is happening on the playing and coaching side.

55 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

That's fantasy stuff, first of all if we've budgeted for that we then won't have the budget to sign a replacement for 2 years.

barton will be more than happy to move on in January and I'm sure we can negotiate a settlement that suits both parties. £500k should do it which means we will have lost a cool million on him. Hopefully the board can afford it. HEll mend the board for signing him behind the managers back

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

I'll repeat it again, i never sad behind his back. I said it wasn't his decision to sign him.

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Apologies I've changed that to avoid confusion. He'll mend the board for signing him, against the managers wishes

Again, that's a misrepresentation of what happened. Warburton activel pursued Barton and the only reason he wasn't there when JB came up here was he was in the US meeting Kranjcar

11 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Why would you need to pay £2 million to wrap his contract? Tell me you don't believe that's the figure??

because thats what hes contracted to.

i get that there will be negotiations but i dont think we should let him come up here and pocket £1m (ur guestimate) for doing fuck all bar embarrass us.

until the negotiations and an agreement is reached hes entitled to 2m quid, thats why i said "at the moment thats the figure" (tu)

6 minutes ago, showtime69 said:

because thats what hes contracted to.

i get that there will be negotiations but i dont think we should let him come up here and pocket £1m (ur guestimate) for doing fuck all bar embarrass us.

until the negotiations and an agreement is reached hes entitled to 2m quid, thats why i said "at the moment thats the figure" (tu)

Well you know what showtime sometimes in business you have to be the bigger man and make the right financial decision without a grudge clouding your decision. If you can get him out the door in January for £500k pay off &save a million then the board will do that. What's he's contracted to isn't what you pay, he will be free to earn elsewhere for 18 months if you tear p his contract. Win win 

Just now, AlCapone said:

Do you really think Warburton holds all the aces and dictates the relationship? 

That is not what I'd define as a good relationship anyway, and he has a very respected position at the club as the manager of Rangers. I'm sure there are discussions and disagreements, and I conceded that to you earlier, but that is a far punt from signing any player without his authority.

Find it very hard to believe that Warburton didn't want Barton. 

JB was up in Glasgow swanning around in a white bentley with Davie Weir, before playing golf with kenny miller and having dinner with weir, mcparland and halliday. The manager was away, granted, but surely to fuck he was in touch with his self-professed "best friend in football" sean dyche prior to signing barton?

where is this coming from that warburton didnt want barton? what a load of shite!

Some people really do talk absolute nonsense.

Warburton left Brentford because he wasn't getting it his own way with regards to transfers so not sure why he'd stand for it here.

If Warburton didn't want Barton there's absolutely no chance David Weir would be driving him around in a flashy car and Miller going for a round of golf with him.

The board don't back the manager but it was the board who wanted to go and get Joey Barton and make him one of the highest earners at the club. Some people need to make their mind up.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

There has been over 200 pages of talk about Joey Barton:lol: Whilst the club has uttered about 200 words on the situation.

I'm glad that they have. That is the way the club dealt with these issues well in the past, and it is the best way for the good of the club.