All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

The situation has been a total cluster-fuck from start to finish. It needs a line drawn under it one way or another soon - and it's looking more and more like that will mean Barton being sacked. 

It hasn't been handled well at all. 

Just now, Polo said:

The situation has been a total cluster-fuck from start to finish. It needs a line drawn under it one way or another soon - and it's looking more and more like that will mean Barton being sacked. 

It hasn't been handled well at all. 

How different would you have handled IT?

He was up some mountain yesterday walking his dog.   Some charming guy told him to jump off the fucker!! 

Part of me wants him gone as he's done fuck all and part hopes that he can come back in the side and turn it around and start doing what he does best- breaking up play and just simply passing it to the technically more creative players

14 minutes ago, Polo said:

Booted him out immediately or given is suspension and stuck to it. 

Think doing that would INfrindge his European workers rights mate, IN the good old day yes but leaving yourself open to being sued ISnt a great Idea for so many reasons like IT being dragged out IN the front pages for a long long time..

40 minutes ago, Polo said:

Booted him out immediately or given a suspension and stuck to it. 

Would have been as well giving him a blank cheque to cover the damages he'd win if we just booted him out immediately.

We gave him a suspension which we stuck to. Then more info re betting came to light.

Is the betting stuff not serious, not warranting investigation and action by the club in your opinion? Or should we have dealt with it within the initial suspension period without sufficient time to deal with an investigation?

Let's say the club got hammered in court damages, for not following procedures, would you back them and say they did the right thing? Hmmm.....

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would have been as well giving him a blank cheque to cover the damages he'd win if we just booted him out immediately.

We gave him a suspension which we stuck to. Then more info re betting came to light.

Is the betting stuff not serious, not warranting investigation and action by the club in your opinion? Or should we have dealt with it within the initial suspension period without sufficient time to deal with an investigation?

Let's say the club got hammered in court damages, for not following procedures, would you back them and say they did the right thing? Hmmm.....

Could we not have just booted him out without notice for gross misconduct?

I'd need to check but I can't remember us suspending Black or Simonsen in the recent past for betting - so there's not really a precedent there for extending his ban for those reasons. 

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Think doing that would INfrindge his European workers rights mate, IN the good old day yes but leaving yourself open to being sued ISnt a great Idea for so many reasons like IT being dragged out IN the front pages for a long long time..

IN my opINion you're right, it ISn't as straightforward as just sacking him unfortunately. I'm IN no doubt we would have sent him packINg by now IF IT was.

2 hours ago, Polo said:

Booted him out immediately or given is suspension and stuck to it. 

37 minutes ago, Amato said:

IN my opINion you're right, it ISn't as straightforward as just sacking him unfortunately. I'm IN no doubt we would have sent him packINg by now IF IT was.

Your keyboard ISnt as bad as mine mate IF IT was IT would have written opinion properly. And as for packing ITs way off.:001: Bears r us thinks your a fraud and justb trying to Take the crap oot ma keyboard. He could be right.:7326: