****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

Drop Wallace to fuck for Hodson

Keep the Wilson and Clint pairing up the back 

Feel like Mckay actually looked good second half tonight, so he'll be back in for sure

Hope Windass is back and 100% - worrying his hamstring is niggling again!

Some midfield combo of Holt / Halliday / Windass or Forrester with Niko as a sub

Waghorn RW and Garner probably for the up front position

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Was Windass sitting out and Holt coming off just precautions? I hope so because with Holt and Windass in there I thought we had the balance right again.

If we are going 4-3-3 and Holt/Windass is fit then ..

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Garner

Without Holt/Windass then ...

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Forrester Krancjer Halliday

O'Halloran Waghorn Garner

I don't really fancy the second team much if I'm honest.

Aye mate.

Definitely some big decisions for the management this Sunday selection wise!

Warburton's said he's confident in the entire squad's abilities so why not:

Fod

Tav, Wilson, Hill, Hodson (especially since Tom Miller suggests Wallace hasn't been 100%)

Holt, Halliday, Windass (if 100%, if not, Forrester or Niko)

MoH, Waghorn, Mckay

Leaves plenty of room for a few "impact" subs. Miller looks a bit better to me coming on as a sub for example, and as Warburton's said previously, Harry's the type of player that can really change a game when brought on. 

Also, it explains quite a bit of his lack of form if Lee's been playing with niggling injuries for a wee while. Also really hope Windass is alright.

Looking forward to it. Tonight's game has broken up the week long wait nicely (tu)

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

No one picks Niko even though he was directly involved in four of our goals ( first or second assist ) tonight.

I said tonight at the game that he would have been my man of the match.

Having said that though, I probably still wouldn't start him on Sunday. This game will be high intensity and high tempo, much like the game against them a few weeks ago. Niko is great when he gets space and time on the ball, but he won't get that in these games and his pace and fitness is a worry. That's why I'd keep him for games against poorer sides at Ibrox on the big pitch, such as tonight.

Fod 

Tavernier         Wilson         Hill            Hodson

Halliday

Windass               Holt

MOH                                           Forrester

Waghorn

Probably a bit hopeful with this team but MOH, Forrester and Waghorn all played very well yesterday, Niko didn't impress me so I'd have windass in for him, Crooks looked decent in his first outing but I can't drop Halliday I think I'm becoming a fanboy of him tbh he has really impressed me, Wilson is our best CB and Hill helps talk him through games, Hodson needs to be our starting LB till Wallace bucks up his ideas. 

I'll go for 3-1 to the teddy bears. Miller to come on and get his 100th goal for the club too. :7325:

8 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Don't think Halilday will be playing doh

:moon:

?haha fair play think i should start checking over my posts

I dont predict scores in the last few weeks i have lost a right few bob on Rangers come Sat i intend to lay a right few quid on them all these cunts that say we are down an out are in for one fukin shock the sheep for some reason have a morbid fear of Rangers thats why they hate us so much this is where we start to make our challenge on the scum

Fod 

Tavernier         Wilson         Hill            Wallace

Halliday

Windass             Holt

Forrester                                        McKay

Waghorn

Subs on: Garner, Kranjcar, MOH

Stockley and Maddison will cause us serious problems if we don't buckle up at the back. Hill is our best defender, heading wise and he'd need to play to cope with they two and Rooney but then hes going to get burned for pace by Hayes and McGinn all day long.

Id go

Fod

Tav Wilson Senderos Wallace

Forrester Halliday Windass/Holt

Waghorn Garner Mckay

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Its all fine and well him strolling about Ibrox and ripping the piss out of lower league opposition but a game at Pittodrie is initially a battle where you have to earn the right to play and I think in that environment he would be ineffective.

We started him at celtic park and it was an absolute disaster so I would like to think we wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Agree with this. As much as I thought he had a great game last night starting him on Sunday would be a mistake IMO and show MW has learnt nothing from the old firm game.

29 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I hope MW has the bottle to pick a team like this although I thought NK done well ?

Niko did do well, but I'm not sure that he'll get time on the ball at Baaaberdeen. Best to have him come off the bench - hopefully MW realises this!

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Its all fine and well him strolling about Ibrox and ripping the piss out of lower league opposition but a game at Pittodrie is initially a battle where you have to earn the right to play and I think in that environment he would be ineffective.

We started him at celtic park and it was an absolute disaster so I would like to think we wouldn't make the same mistake again.

My thoughts exactly - beat me to this post almost word for word. 

I think Krancjer will have a part to play with us but he will be used wisely rather than an automatic starter - games like last night is perfect for him or coming on when the games won for a bit of class 

Can't wait for this, bus leaving Glasgow at 8. Got my brothers 21st aswell Sunday night so fuck knows what state I will be in. Difficult game but defintely winnable. Fancy Halliday Holt & Windass (as long as all fit) with Forrester Waghorn MOH. Any win would be excellent. Shitebags lost twice there last season am sure. MON Rangers !!!!!!!:pipe: