Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

A blank cheque for McInnes, really. Dave King won't put his hand in his pocket to buy decent players, after telling us three years ago that the money was there for a real assault on the SPFL. So who is going to back this blank cheque.

Warburton would have been given a remit at the beginning of the season, as to how much was in his war chest to spend over the summer, which going by the players brought in, was not much.

Second you have got to get players of the quality needed who want to come to Scotland. If the amount spent on transfers reflects the wages they would have been offered, you can see why we can't even compete with the English championship.

Warburton has a good management team with him. We just need Dave King to get his fifty million out.

We barely had two chances the whole match. We've also dropped points against shite like Kilmarnock and Ross County, and took a gubbing off, let's face it, what was also the worst Celtic team for probably ten years.

Successful managers win matches, they grind out results, Warburton has shown himself woefully incompetent at doing this for the best part of several months now. The defensive frailties have always been there, losing stupid goals constantly last season and now this season. He's had last January and thus summer to fix them but hasn't. He wasn't around to personally meet Mariappa either, something that shouldn't be left to a scout. The defence could almost be tolerable if we were scoring goals, but we're not. Problem there is we don't have a Plan B to mix it up with when Warburton's system ain't working. 

And let's get this straight, it's not King's fault Warburton can't get his team to defend corners and lose stupid goals against dross. Everyone in the league bar Celtic has a far smaller budget, yet Warburton can't even meet the basic challenge that's set of him to finish second. Anything less than that, which is starting to look increasingly likely, is criminal.

First time on today, thought I'd have a swatch at the warburton bashing threads, I'm a disappointed bear too but as far as I'm concerned he's the man for the job, long term. He'll get it right. Fuck the haters, ye's widnae know a credit to the club if yer life's depended on it ????

Just now, GWR1979 said:

It's September start howling for Mcinnes around January time should we be in the same position. 

How long does it take to assess a squad, what areas require strengthening, who to keep & who to move on?

January transfer window is very short!

Will King even provide decent funds?

36 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I read  the first sentence. That's more than I needed to read really. The headline says it all. Warburton is a great manager and giving time, which he will get, he will prove so. He does need to be a bit more ruthless with players that are letting him and the fans down. His tactics are creating lots of possession and its individual errors only that's not making it count. 

while my love for Warburton has shaded a little, I still think he could be the man to take us forward,  I think we need to do something in the management team, maybe bring in a director of footbal, or anther coach.

We should at least give him till January before calling for his head I think.   If we are still in trouble in January, bring in someone new on the first, give him some money to spend, see if he can salvage the season, then give him a decent budget for next year.

the league wont be won on a shoesting, my major issue with getting rid of warburton, is he will take mcparland with him, and I think he is one of the key men at the club right now.

I am reminded that Alex Ferguson was one match away from getting the sack at Old Trafford in his early days there.

Granted that he had a massive wealth of experience which he took there, but he was one result away from disaster.

Our manager lacks that experience. That is where I feel he is let down.

When Souness arrived in a blaze of publicity 30 years ago, we were all delirious because of what he had achieved and what he might bring.

MW needs time. 

Did you all seriously expect him to lead us to 55 this season?

Surely that was just expecting a miracle?

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

while my love for Warburton has shaded a little, I still think he could be the man to take us forward,  I think we need to do something in the management team, maybe bring in a director of footbal, or anther coach.

We should at least give him till January before calling for his head I think.   If we are still in trouble in January, bring in someone new on the first, give him some money to spend, see if he can salvage the season, then give him a decent budget for next year.

the league wont be won on a shoesting, my major issue with getting rid of warburton, is he will take mcparland with him, and I think he is one of the key men at the club right now.

Unfortunately the signings, are like our attempts on goal, there's been more misses than hits this season.

11 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

How long does it take to assess a squad, what areas require strengthening, who to keep & who to move on?

January transfer window is very short!

Will King even provide decent funds?

After two years of not spending a penny on transfer fees we have increased the expenditure on fees window after window the last 3 windows, while renewing contracts for the majority of our squad and backroom team. I'm not sure why anyone thinks that won't continue.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We've not looked like beating any body at all, meanwhile the taigs are pumping everybody, scraped past Hearts but pumped every else.

I think I see your point. Are you saying how can a 4M team realistically challenge a 25M team and win the league? 

Sick to death of cunts on forums posting shite like "I posted this/I said this/I've been saying this for ages" whenever shit like today happens. 

Genuinely can't read the forums after we play shite without people like you OP giving it the whole "I gave this opinion months ago but yeez aw hounded me for it" nonsense.

Pretty sure I also read something earlier that basically said "I said months ago that McKay couldn't handle the SPL and was called x, y and z by everyone now look at how true that proved to be".

Honestly, no one gives a flying fuck. I really do get the impression of people actually wanting us to fail so they can log into RM and tell everyone about how they called it before anyone else did,

Get a grip.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Honestly, no one gives a flying fuck. I really do get the impression of people actually wanting us to fail so they can log into RM and tell everyone about how they called it before anyone else did,

Get a grip.

Spot on. That is what forums are for though, and why they should never be used as representations of a football teams supporters. 

34 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

We just need Dave King to get his fifty million out.

This is a completely irrelevant point to our current predicament. We've spent more than enough to finish second, but we're falling miserably to even manage that under Warburton. Why would you trust a stubborn and arrogant man who can't admit he's wrong to change things? 

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't trust Warburton to spend 50p on centrehalves.