Championship manager or Football manager?

dee9

2 hours ago, dee9 said:

Does anyone play these and if so which one is better?

I played champ manager about 10 years ago on the pc and was glued to it. Thinking of getting it again for the laptop.

Football manager. The designers of this game are from the old champ man days. Championship manager is no good anymore.

1 hour ago, dee9 said:

I see the new football manager 2017 is due out next month. Going to give it a bash. Will be the first one i have bought since CM01/02:541:

If this is honestly the first edition since 01/02 then I guarantee you'll hate it the first 4 or 5 times you load it up - but persevere and you'll love it.

Pretty huge learning curve though.

8 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

If this is honestly the first edition since 01/02 then I guarantee you'll hate it the first 4 or 5 times you load it up - but persevere and you'll love it.

Pretty huge learning curve though.

Yeah first since then mate:lol:

Heard a few people say its so hard and changed night and day but im up for persevering(tu)

13 hours ago, dee9 said:

I see the new football manager 2017 is due out next month. Going to give it a bash. Will be the first one i have bought since CM01/02:541:

CM 00/01 and CM 01/02 were (for me) the best games ive ever played. Used to go on 12 hour binges. Pretty sure i played one of them for about 20 hours straight. 

The FM series nowadays are good. Alot of the same traits as the old CM, alot of the same developers. 

The only difference now is, im now a grown up and cant go away to play a computer for hours on end.

As others have said Football Manager is the old Champ Man, if you haven't played it since 01/02 game you'll be shocked and taken a back by the content in it, it's barely recognisable from that 01/02 version, there is just so much data on it now.

It's good but it's impossible if you've got a job, a mrs and anything else you're dedicated to gym/5s etc...its just far to time consuming 

On 28/09/2016 at 5:25 PM, johanhentze said:

Im on FM16 and its great. Highly addictive and you find yourself on it for hours on end.. just as well I can play my FIFA17 at midnight :D

I hate football manager just because of how addictive it is. Sitting at work getting fuck all done half the time because I'm too busy trying to decide if Grant Leadbitter is better as a deep lying playmaker or an advanced forward. 

The companies that made Championship Manager in the 90s and early 00s.

One company got the name Champ Man, the other got the game format which became Football Manager. 

Only one winner Football Manager is simply the best managerial game you can buy.