Good Read ! Daviesleftpeg

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with our club and successful people? We seem to want to chase them away. Whatever your opinion on Sarver or Ashley not one single person can deny they’re both very successful, self-made, professional, rich, business men. Seems in recent years a section of support, who wanted no one other than our current board, have tried their hardest to scare away success stories. Much the same as the Club 1872 board elections. Rather than actually choose those who may give us the most it’s another case of jobs for the minions. Those same people who played some part in rubbishing billionaires are attempting to tarnish successful individuals offering their free time to Club 1872. Let there be no misunderstanding here. If certain individuals get onto that board it proves what an absolute fit up this has been from start to finish. Not only that but, as we’ve already seen, numbers will diminish, no one will want involved and the scheme will fail. In fact at this rate I predict it won’t even be around in 5 years. Nor will most of those currently associated it. Those individuals for whom ego and publicity are way more important than club. Is it any coincidence that those smeared or dismissed, by the usual crowd, are Rangers First individuals? Welcome to the Rangers Supporters Trust Mark 2!

The supporters’ vehicle which faded away as the majority of fans couldn’t stand those involved. It was not by chance that Rangers First eclipsed them almost instantly in members, finance and shareholding. Like everything it happened for a reason and that reason was the common denominator. The merger of RST and RF saw a reasonable number of fans join into Club 1872. That figure has more than halved at this stage and will diminish further as time goes on. The aggressive, unprofessional and distasteful manner in which some candidates have been treated comes not only from the usual suspects but also from the Working Party themselves. At no point is it okay for an unelected crowd of sycophants to smear other Rangers fans. Especially not those offering help and experience for free.

At no time will Club 1872 have anywhere near the target of 50000 members. At no time will they achieve a shareholding of 25%. It’s been a doomed project ever since the merger and unnamed, super-secret, working party were in situ. Let’s not forget that the website for Club 1872 was planned and built prior to any merger vote. Whatever happened, due to its unpopularity, RST were getting rebranded. Most would suggest the personnel needed removed rather than a simple name change. Same folk there same shite happening.

Here’s a little scenario for you all to ponder over. The “independent” (LMFAO) Club 1872, with James Blair as a board member, have a legal dispute with the club, who also have James Blair as secretary and his firm as legal representatives, what happens then? No conflict of interest is there? Nothing to see here move along! There also seems to be some strange goings on regarding the registration of 2 members of the Rangers First board. One being the no show Richard Gough.

We also have Craig Houston of whom, if this quote is anything to go by, feels the board are more important than club history. Hardly smacks of independence;

“I said before that I thought the AGM result was a bigger victory for the club in importance than nine-in-a-row. That was a massive day.”

What part of that is not made by an individual awe struck by those in charge? Even today Craig is banging the drum on Twitter in support of Dave King & the board. We’re trying to be independent of them not have a “Yes” man aboard a fan vehicle.

Finally we have our virtual representative, brought to us by modern technology, not by way of a visit to Ibrox, ever, Shane Nicholson. Closest he’s ever got was the picture on his wall which looked very new. Shane also had to be told who Davie Cooper was. There’s no problem with fans from overseas representing the club but at least let it be ones who know what a walk up the Copland Road feels like. It stinks to me that there has been a campaign by Mark Dingwall and Chris Graham to get this individual elected. I will reiterate that, not one of these people have ever met him in person, they’re friends from the internet. Last time I looked the internet was for buying rollerblades when drunk not pick an American stranger as fan representatives for our great club.

Seems to quite a few of us that the 1872 Working Party, Mark Dingwall and Chris Graham all want us to vote for certain people. The recent attacks on Brian Donohoe have illustrated that matter to most. Story goes that it was Brian who was responsible for the IPSO complaint regarding the Daily Record. Yet others want to claim the glory. Wasn’t that long ago Mark Dingwall proposed Chris Graham for the RFFF. When it came to asking about Rangers credentials, for Chris, not one person could provide any. He was, I’m told, also kicked out of the Vanguard Bears. Those lads always were a good judge of character. Despite being a great cartoonist he’s certainly been nothing but an embarrassment to himself, the club and the fans. Strangely enough the club have kept him hanging around. Nice to see him back on twitter attacking good Bears though. He just can’t help himself.

We have some sterling fans running for this board. People with a passion for the club, business acumen, good orators and willing to give up free time. However they’re not part of The Blue Pound Chasers, The Ego’s, Board Shills or favoured by a pub. The ones you’ve seen attacked and smeared on all forms of social media. Johnathon McGookin, Kelly Johnstone and Scott McCulloch are three standouts for me. Individuals with no loyalties other than The Rangers. No politics and unquestionable credentials when it comes to being fans. Three highly motivated individuals who will consistently give 100%

Going by general consensus no one’s really that interested anymore. If you are vote for who you want, who you think will do most for the club. Not because some Blue Pound Chaser told you too as it suits his agenda. Remember they’ve attacked certain people as they’re threats to the nepotism and egos of those that caused a divide. Unless we get new blood into this organisation it’s failed. Perhaps we should just leave them to it? They’ll destroy it quicker by themselves and we can move on minus the shite. I know if certain individuals are elected my membership will be cancelled.

Again many thanks to all those Bears who help with research & words of wisdom.

God Bless Our Team

I just don't get why anyone would give this shower one penny of their hard earned. Absolute shysters that are involved. There are obviously some good people out there, D'Art none the least of them and if by some miracle they get past the fifth column currently controlling it and do get elected, I suspect they will be marginalised.

It makes my blood boil watcking king's attack poodle whitney raping the blue pound, with his blessing.

As day turns to night, regime change will eventually come and hopefully sooner than later and king can take his pet poodle all the way back to his rented shite hole in Africa with him. Like he would! No, better in the gutter and drawing dole for that reptile.

I am no interested in much of the politics aspect, but Club1872 is not for me or anyone I know. I am still disgusted my late gran and papas money they donated to ''rangers'' in form to the RFFF, still have no clue where it is. Thats why Ill never join or donate to any of these groups.

the only good thing about club 1872 is that all these independant amazing fan groups with polo shirts and logos bigger than the protest message there putting out there are disappearing and hopefully like the RST for good.

If Rangers board had any sense, they would create Club 1872 with the moneys going into there bank account, and having a proper full on Membership scheme. We all are supposed to be founder members of the one they launched ? A Rangers Membership scheme to the club ONLY way forward, they ran pools, and bond clubs and everything in the past, they can do it again.......recognise.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I just don't get why anyone would give this shower one penny of their hard earned. Absolute shysters that are involved. There are obviously some good people out there, D'Art none the least of them and if by some miracle they get past the fifth column currently controlling it and do get elected, I suspect they will be marginalised.

It makes my blood boil watcking king's attack poodle whitney raping the blue pound, with his blessing.

As day turns to night, regime change will eventually come and hopefully sooner than later and king can take his pet poodle all the way back to his rented shite hole in Africa with him. Like he would! No, better in the gutter and drawing dole for that reptile.

Looks as though all the shit is coming home to roost, said before hope I'm wrong, seen it all turn around before but that was then, after seeing what has happened since Moshnigate to the cup final it's been take it up the arse with no response except empty statements and the only people suffering are the fans, that's the the paying fans not the privileged hingers oan doing the poodle work, I'm retiral age next year might be in more ways than one!:sherlock:

Cracking article from DLP and hits the nail firmly on the head.

I've said it before, RF was a brilliant idea - gone bad. The exact same as the trust before it and as with the trust, it will only be a matter of time before the infighting / backstabbing, calls for fellow members resignations. financial irregularities and so on starts. What we're then left with is another toxic organisation that will ultimately fall apart.

When that day does happen, it's Greg whose feet it ultimately falls at as he was the one that couldn't jump into bed with Chris Graham quick enough (whether that was always the plan or not is up for debate) - but it's Greg who sold out, for ideas only known to himself, as the RST has brought nothing or added to what was originally RF.

This is an absolute clusterfuck in the making, not to mention some of those who are standing.

Great article, well set out.

When club 1872 was first proposed, I thought, great a supporters club that was all for Rangers and not individuals looking for a blazer. Also for all the bears living overseas it could have been great.

Then the shit started to hit the fan, people slagging off others, people being proposed as the high heid yins, started ringing alarm bells.

So it appears myself and lots of others have held off donating their money to an organization, which is starting to look like all the other supposed fan groups, full of back slappers.

As Dunny_01 has asked why would the board not form an official Rangers fan group, as I and others thought the Founders Membership was going to be. 

I have no interest in club 1872 for many reasons and my feelings won't change on that. It seems it's a cosy wee number for certain people like Houston who gets a nice seat in directors box and gives it the big one he stands up for fans I've yet to see him back fans up after cup final or what happened at Celtic park. He won't want to upset king! 

Also childish fans on twitter mates of the American guy i feel look down there nose at lot of fans for not saying yes to club 1872. Seen a few already slagging this article that was posted on twitter i like many others will stick to supporting the team not helping arse lickers and stuck up little rich kids like Chris graham and his west end pals

I became a life member of Rangers First as I thought it was a really good idea, then it merged to become Club 1872 and I have zero interest in it now.

I take it the same charlatans that ran RST are smearing and gerrymandering their way into cosy positions in Club 1872? If so, can I get my money back?

No real interest in fans groups because it doesn't matter who pushes themselves into "leadership" positions, they're invariably self-serving egotists and will push their own favourite agenda (or their cliques) at the expense of others.  More often than not they're divisive.

Using Ashley as an example of somebody who's been "chased away" is bizarre in the extreme.  To me, the only really viable option to properly push us forward over the last 5 years has been the current incumbents.  I'll form my own opinion on them based on performance and the fact we're pushing forward slowly and unshackling a few heavy chains we've been lumbered with along the way.  I don't need (or want) fans groups telling me what's best for the club, ta.

18 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

No real interest in fans groups because it doesn't matter who pushes themselves into "leadership" positions, they're invariably self-serving egotists and will push their own favourite agenda (or their cliques) at the expense of others.  More often than not they're divisive.

Using Ashley as an example of somebody who's been "chased away" is bizarre in the extreme.  To me, the only really viable option to properly push us forward over the last 5 years has been the current incumbents.  I'll form my own opinion on them based on performance and the fact we're pushing forward slowly and unshackling a few heavy chains we've been lumbered with along the way.  I don't need (or want) fans groups telling me what's best for the club, ta.

It is also bizarre to have someone with multiple convictions in business malfeasance to be the head of a major institution, who has single handedly taken us away from any listing that affords at least some transparency. Can't for the life of me think why!

I also do not see the unshackling of any chains. We are now in hock to those who are in control. The securing of the last loan from HK was embarassing and nothing less than begging. Our brand remains toxic. We are now levelling threats to Puma. We remain with no credit line at any bank, who wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick. If it wasn't for the benevolence of fans in record ST sales, we would be facing ruin and if the on the park performances don't improve, that won't last long.

A chancer, ducking and diving his way to recover his lost wealth.

Leopards don't change their spots right enough.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It is also bizarre to have someone with multiple convictions in business malfeasance to be the head of a major institution, who has single handedly taken us away from any listing that affords at least some transparency. Can't for the life of me think why!

I also do not see the unshackling of any chains. We are now in hock to those who are in control. The securing of the last loan from HK was embarassing and nothing less than begging. Our brand remains toxic. We are now levelling threats to Puma. We remain with no credit line at any bank, who wouldn't touch us with a shitty stick. If it wasn't for the benevolence of fans in record ST sales, we would be facing ruin and if the on the park performances don't improve, that won't last long.

A chancer, ducking and diving his way to recover his lost wealth.

Leopards don't change their spots right enough.

Let's just say I'm watching.  Claptrap and clickbait like this is, in my view at the moment is just pish.  There's no real evidence to support it except suspicion and speculation all underwritten by distrust and dislike.

Like I said, I'll watch and listen and make my own mind up.  

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Let's just say I'm watching.  Claptrap and clickbait like this is, in my view at the moment is just pish.  There's no real evidence to support it except suspicion and speculation all underwritten by distrust and dislike.

Sorry, but where's the claptrap and clickbait in BA's post?

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

So you have firsthand knowledge of what's actually happening inside Ibrox on a business front? 

13 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

???

Which parts are untrue? Convictions, delisting, Puma, toxic, loans?

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

???

Which parts are untrue? Convictions, delisting, Puma, toxic, loans?

None of it is untrue.  The extrapolation of what it means is speculation.

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you have firsthand knowledge of what's actually happening inside Ibrox on a business front? 

Nope, and neither do you.

17 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Sorry, but where's the claptrap and clickbait in BA's post?

It's pandering to an anti-board agenda using speculation based on circumstances that generally people don't know a lot about.  So people more inclined to look for instant gratification don't see what they want buy into the negative.