*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

They are much better than us at this moment in time. I think our style has to change, too slow in the build up, not enough taking players on.

It will take a few seasons for us to be challenging for the title unless something drastic happens in the summer.

Defence was the only plus point today. Keeper was fantastic apart from that lapse in first half. Hate to admit it but Holt and  Halliday just don't have it at this level. McKay was poor again but we all knew that. Wallace was the weakest link today in defence. Summer signings have been dreadful. Windass although not fully match fit just gave the ball away time after time. Dodoo is actually a bigger shite bag than McKay and Garner.......  1.8 million. You gotta be joking

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Defence was the only plus point today. Keeper was fantastic apart from that lapse in first half. Hate to admit it but Holt and  Halliday just don't have it at this level. McKay was poor again but we all knew that. Wallace was the weakest link today in defence. Summer signings have been dreadful. Windass although not fully match fit just gave the ball away time after time. Dodoo is actually a bigger shite bag than McKay and Garner.......  1.8 million. You gotta be joking

Fuck off you tarrier cunt how can't you criticise Halliday after that?

We were s**te today....again. Too slow moving the ball,too many slack passes,chased shadows for too much of the game. Gilks motm for me and the defence did well. We've no teeth upfront and our MF seem only to happy to pass the ball backwards.

We need players,over to you Mr. King.

14 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Agree totally with this.Especially on today's showing when he never really got any service up to him anyway.

He doesn't have a first touch, he always ends up in his arse and argues with his own shadow. He has done nothing in any game I've seen to justify spending 100k never mind 1.8 million. 

28 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Defending of set pieces was poor - but overall defending has been much better over the last few games - apart fromfsome lousy fucking passes.

Thought we weren't too bad at set pieces for a change but always room to improved. Did well to win a lot of the 50/50s in the air

Garner takes 5 touches to get the ball under control, McKay can still be great given time but needs dropped ASAP, Halliday can't boss a game and seems to tire easily, we left a massive hole in the middle all the time and invited them forward. Wallace hasn't kicked a ball all season.

Tav was sound and did well going forward, Hodson was great and him and Tav combined well on the right. The exact opposite of what we had on the other side of the park. Holt is busy but doesn't have the physicality. Hill and Kiernan had their best games for us and Gilks deserves to start the next game after that.

7 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

I fear for that happening as we've been having issues since April really and still don't seem to be fixing it and id argue we've gotten worse in our play, our composure is non existent and passing abysmal at times. 

Something needs to be done so we can get back on track and start looking like the team we know we can be.

Yeah, your completely right.

I've been thinking going on the past couple of games that things have been improving, and compared to the beginning of the season they have. But it's still nowhere near we should be.

We need changes, be it formation or personnel but hopefully Warburton realizes this. He's a classy guy, I want him to get it right but he really needs to do something soon.

31 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

True but would you give this guy millions to spend ? £1.8m for Garner ?

Garner is one of the most offending signings ever..  last year warburton would've gone for dembele based on his signings last year so how in this fucking universe did we plump for that abomination of a player from Preston of all fucking places?

is it a coincidence that all players that have been signed since mcparland came on board have been more Miss than hit?.

theres even part of me thinks that had we not beat hibs 6-2 last year we would most likely still be in that division. It's like the players are either playing below what they're capable of or they played out with themselves last year.

i can't take much more of this ineffectiveness upfront- so many forward players in our side and the manager can't get a decent partnership out of them? They're his players and I was under the impression they did lots of analysis etc on targets.

whatever methods are in place they certainly aren't working

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, bam74 said:
14 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Fuck off you tarrier cunt how can't you criticise Halliday after that??

A tarrier cunt ??  After what ?? 

After being the only man in our midfield to actually show somebody some fight. He was brilliant today.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

After being the only man in our midfield to actually show somebody some fight. He was brilliant today.

Fair enough , that's your opinion. I think he was far from brilliant but the tarrier cunt was uncalled for.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Plain and simple the manager fucked it with a poor team selection and shitebag tactics 

The tactics were brilliant IMO, completely nullified both danger men down the left.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

The tactics were brilliant IMO, completely nullified both danger men down the left.

They would only have been brilliant if we won,instead thanks to Gilks and only him the score was not as embarrassing as last time.