*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

My team would be ...

Foderingham – Hasn’t really done much wrong in recent weeks, still don’t think he’s the answer but he keeps his place.

Hodson – It’s time for Tavernier to have a seat on the bench, he’s been a shadow of the payer he was last season, his recent performances just haven’t been good enough.

Hill – Again hasn’t put a foot wrong in recent weeks and has used his experience, his lack of pace is a huge concern, however with no real alternatives he keeps his place.

Wilson – I think he’s been the best of a bad bunch this season, again pace is an issue but again who else is there?  If he’s fit he should start.

Wallace – Still not performing at the level he should be, did well for the assist the other night and we need to see more of that from him, a captain has stand up and be counted in games like this.

Halliday – Has been superb since the Barton fiasco, almost seems like he’s got a new purpose about him, lets hope he replicates his performance in the semi last season.

Kranjcar – Some will question his inclusion however imo he has been different class in the past few games.  His range of passing and vision is on another level to anyone in the league, we need to get him on the ball and let him dictate.

Windass – Again was tough to leave Holt out of the starting 11 however against Caley I thought he was poor and too many times in games he goes missing and the game almost passes him by, this isn’t the game for passengers.  Windass has looked superb and will provide more direct and better runs, he will also link better with Niko.

Waghorn – Been slightly off the boil since the injury, however his pace and energy is something we need and hopefully he can put in a performance we all know he’s capable of.

Garner – Another tough decision and some will want Miller to start after his winner against Caley and no one can questions is attitude and commitment.  However, far to often the other night he tried to get too involved and was back deeper than Halliday and Niko leaving us with no one in the box.  Garber for me will provide a better focal point and this could provide him the opportunity to start showing why we paid £1.5m for him.

Forrester – Surprised he hasn’t started more games recently and with McKay really off form it’s time to give Harry another crack at the whip.  Not sure what is wrong with McKay these days but against Caley he almost seemed afraid to take his man on, electing on almost every play to cut inside and find the easier 5 yard pass. 

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Aww that's what I checked last night I've just read it wrong. I thought that was a list of the players who were suspended.

27 minutes ago, port_bear said:

My team would be ...

Foderingham – Hasn’t really done much wrong in recent weeks, still don’t think he’s the answer but he keeps his place.

Hodson – It’s time for Tavernier to have a seat on the bench, he’s been a shadow of the payer he was last season, his recent performances just haven’t been good enough.

Hill – Again hasn’t put a foot wrong in recent weeks and has used his experience, his lack of pace is a huge concern, however with no real alternatives he keeps his place.

Wilson – I think he’s been the best of a bad bunch this season, again pace is an issue but again who else is there?  If he’s fit he should start.

Wallace – Still not performing at the level he should be, did well for the assist the other night and we need to see more of that from him, a captain has stand up and be counted in games like this.

Halliday – Has been superb since the Barton fiasco, almost seems like he’s got a new purpose about him, lets hope he replicates his performance in the semi last season.

Kranjcar – Some will question his inclusion however imo he has been different class in the past few games.  His range of passing and vision is on another level to anyone in the league, we need to get him on the ball and let him dictate.

Windass – Again was tough to leave Holt out of the starting 11 however against Caley I thought he was poor and too many times in games he goes missing and the game almost passes him by, this isn’t the game for passengers.  Windass has looked superb and will provide more direct and better runs, he will also link better with Niko.

Waghorn – Been slightly off the boil since the injury, however his pace and energy is something we need and hopefully he can put in a performance we all know he’s capable of.

Garner – Another tough decision and some will want Miller to start after his winner against Caley and no one can questions is attitude and commitment.  However, far to often the other night he tried to get too involved and was back deeper than Halliday and Niko leaving us with no one in the box.  Garber for me will provide a better focal point and this could provide him the opportunity to start showing why we paid £1.5m for him.

Forrester – Surprised he hasn’t started more games recently and with McKay really off form it’s time to give Harry another crack at the whip.  Not sure what is wrong with McKay these days but against Caley he almost seemed afraid to take his man on, electing on almost every play to cut inside and find the easier 5 yard pass. 

I believe Forrester and Wilson are suspended for Sunday.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Most of our forwards are the same tbf.

I'd have Garner or Miller in my team before Waghorn tbh he's just wasteful with his chances and looks a yard slower than last season.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I'd probably be the same, Garner's been poor as well imo.

I agree but his hold up play is decent and he puts himself about just needs to take his chances and stop rolling about on the floor.

Sadly, I can't see anything other than a Celtic win. I hope I'm wrong.

Our defence is abysmal and a half-decent team would have put at least two of Inverness' opportunities, the headers in particular, in the net on Friday night. Up top, we lack an out-and-out goalscorer.

Dembelé is on flames for them, as is Sinclair. We know that, first hand. Is Griffiths back? If so, then my hopes for victory have deminished even more.

I'll be there and I'll support the Queen's eleven as loud and proud as ever. Yes, I know that anything can happen in an Old Firm game, but this isn't 2011 and we don't have Davis & Jelavic. It's 2016, we're skint, recently lost 5-1 and our manager has made a monumental fuck-up of our recruitment. That's the reality, for me.

We'll probably need to be at our very best to get a result on Sunday. It's not impossible that we won't be and I hope the players have the belief and desire to get us to the final.

Bookies say 4/1 to win and 3/1 to draw in 90 mins. I say those odds are a wee bit long but not by much. One bet on the draw and two bets on the win for the eternal optimist that I am  :)

Oh, and 250/1 to beat them 5-1  :clap:

Fod

Tav     Wilson     Hill     Wallace

Holt     Rossiter     Halliday

Garner     Waggy     Windass

I think we need the energy and drive in midfield with Holt and Rossiter with Andy also on good form at the moment. McKay has done fuck in my books to be given a start and should have been dropped a few games back. Garner we know will wind them up and Waggy through the middle was working there is no use having him out right it baffles me especially after scoring a hatrick through the middle. Windass we know causes them problems with his directness so has to play.

My only concern is our defence as is everyones and it should have been priority but hey ho we have who we have but as long as it aint fucking Kiernan.

9 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Hill Wallace

Holt Rossiter Halliday

Windass Miller McKay

This would be the team I'd go with and I actually think it wont be far off the team MW will go with if he's prepared to drop Waghorn.

Looks good, I keep looking at the centre backs and think o fuck though. Maybe a 4-5-1 formation.

7 hours ago, port_bear said:

My team would be ...

Fuck I'm glad ur no the manager. 

Guest Lloyd72
20 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Foddy the Proddy

Blue Cafu

Woody Harrelson 

Danny Wilson 

Captain Wallace

The Govan Boy

Sing the sash with Josh Windass

Jason HOLT HOLT! Always believe in your soul

Joe Do DOO! do DOO! do doo do doo do doo 

King Kenny

Here's McKay, BARRIE MCKAAAAAAY! 

You've left poor Danny Wilson out while everyone else you've given funny names.

Is that because he replaced Kiernan :pipe:...:wink: