*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, minus22 said:

Where are you reading this about Wilson and Forrester mate? Can't find anything on it.  

I was wondering that as well mate. If Kiernan is selected, it will be interesting to see if he makes amends for the awful game he had against them last time - Senderos too for that matter! 

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

He isn't the 'cup' goalie though as Foderingham has played as well in the league cup. FS I could've played in goals the games Gilks played and we would've still won. 

Because the new start date of the league cup is before the actual league season, we weren't able to get the normal pre season games in. This meant that Fod played in a couple of these games for fitness. Since the league has been underway, Gilks has played in them all including the 2 previous. It's the same situation as McGregor and Alexander where you have 2 very capable keepers that you have to keep fit, sharp and happy. 

1 minute ago, Dietspam said:

Because the new start date of the league cup is before the actual league season, we weren't able to get the normal pre season games in. This meant that Fod played in a couple of these games for fitness. Since the league has been underway, Gilks has played in them all including the 2 previous. It's the same situation as McGregor and Alexander where you have 2 very capable keepers that you have to keep fit, sharp and happy. 

You know this for a fact? As it appears you've just made that up. 

12 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

don't think there is to much between Wes and Gilks, from what I have seen from Gilks so far (yeah he plays only lower league teams I know) but he is a quality experienced keeper who has played at the top level, wouldn't be against him starting.

Based on what? As stated before you could've probably played without a keeper and still won the games he played in. 

22 hours ago, LiviGer said:

If Wilson and Forrester are suspended I would go with

Gilks (seems to be our cup keeper)

Tav     Hill    Senderos   Wallace

Holt     Halliday   Niko

Dodoo    Miller     Garner

If Wilson can play swap him in for Senderos. If Forrester can play swap him in for Garner. 

Interesting one you've put mate with Hill and Senderos together in defence. Don't think we have tried that permutation yet, and tbh, the piggery is not an ideal place to experiment! But you're right about Wilson though...

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

You know this for a fact? As it appears you've just made that up. 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14669830.Matt_Gilks__I_need_to_make_the_most_of_cup_outings_to_give_me_the_edge_in_battle_for_Rangers_No_1_jersey/

“I’ve been led to believe that (I will play the cup games) is what is going to happen.''

Are you happy now? 

3 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

You're right. The league cup hasn't even started yet.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14756776.Cup_keeper_Gilks_hoping_for_chance_in_the_Old_Firm_spotlight/?commentSort=score

"You want to play every game but when I am given the cup games that is what I want to do," said Gilks. "So obviously the bigger the better. Hopefully [Rangers get Celtic in the next round], but we'll see. That might be a good final.''

1 hour ago, Dietspam said:

You're right. The league cup hasn't even started yet.

No no! You said that Gilks will play in the cups similar to Alexander/McGregor. Where has this been confirmed? Your head doesn't count! ?

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

No no! You said that Gilks will play in the cups similar to Alexander/McGregor. Where has this been confirmed? Your head doesn't count! ?

You must have missed the article that was posted above with Gilks stating that's what he was told will happen...

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anyone listing kranjcar to start after his lack of movement, inability to track a runner and his persistent fouling in the first game must be mental. 

They ran rings round him, we have to be mobile and full of willing runners.

I think he's made big improvements in his fitness since then and he makes us tick. Best player on the park last 2 games. Provided he's with 2 out of Halliday, Holt, Rossiter or Windass who will take on much of the running anyway I'd say Krancjar could be our match winner. 

I'd actually stick with Halliday, Holt and Nico in the middle and would use Windass as a wide forward instead of the off form Waggy 

This is going to be a tough match no doubt about it but it's at a neutral ground and anything can happen. The defence is a worry and some of our lapses in defending from the caley match could have cost us points yet again plus we are not exactly banging the goals in either. We still have things in our favour though as the scum are playing in the CL during the week and it looks like we are starting to play better and getting a run of games together. I honestly believe we will be much better than the last time we played them. 

3 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

This is going to be a tough match no doubt about it but it's at a neutral ground and anything can happen. The defence is a worry and some of our lapses in defending from the caley match could have cost us points yet again plus we are not exactly banging the goals in either. We still have things in our favour though as the scum are playing in the CL during the week and it looks like we are starting to play better and getting a run of games together. I honestly believe we will be much better than the last time we played them. 

We surely can't be any fucking worse. The performance was diabolical but its worth remembering we played the last 20 minutes playing a ghost-like Barton as a centre-half in a defence of three following Senderos' shitebag sending off. That game could've easily finished 3-1, which is nothing to celebrate but it was a lot closer than made out for spells.

If we can realise that its okay to go direct, start Windass, stay tight at the back, and MARK YOUR MAN at corners then there's no reason we can't win. We're Rangers. We've beaten Celtic far more often than we've lost. Bring the cunts on.

Watched the league cup final from 2011 there and quite similar scenario albeit our team at that time was obviously better than today's and arguably so was theirs  , they had scudded us at torbet towers a few weeks beforehand and everyone was expecting a drubbing . Then that day we just turned up and it set us nicely for the end of the season  . Similar attitude from the team on Sunday please 

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Watched the league cup final from 2011 there and quite similar scenario albeit our team at that time was obviously better than today's and arguably so was theirs  , they had scudded us at torbet towers a few weeks beforehand and everyone was expecting a drubbing . Then that day we just turned up and it set us nicely for the end of the season  . Similar attitude from the team on Sunday please 

Happened constantly under Walter. Played utter shite for large periods of the season, managed to scrape enough wins together and finish well.