*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

7 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Interesting one you've put mateĀ with Hill and Senderos together in defence. Don't think we have tried that permutation yet, and tbh, the piggery is not an ideal place to experiment! But you're right about Wilson though...

It's a toss up between Kiernan and Senderos could go with either. It's at Hampden mateĀ :wink:

8 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anyone listing kranjcar to startĀ after his lack of movement, inability to track a runner and his persistent fouling in the first game must be mental.Ā 

They ran rings round him, we have to be mobile and full of willing runners.

He has started in the last two wins and Windass has been injured most of the time, with no Barton, Rossiter just backĀ and Crooks injured he has to play a settled side, windass's mobility wouldĀ probably be better against them, but this midfieldĀ line up has two wins and two goals to its creditĀ and there could be extra time and subs could be crucial.

I don't think it's mental thinking,Ā just playing to the squads strengths and fitness levels/game timeĀ and backing the inform players.

Think a few boys froze last time ever out as many players do first time you're there.

However this game is not at the Stade de Paul Gadd. So treat if like they're playing a champions league away from home. Get right at them from Ā the start- pace and power is the required qualities so my team is this.Ā 

Wes/Gilks (whatever)

Tav, Senderos, Wilson, Wallace

Halliday, Ā Windass, Rossiter

Garner, miller, waghornĀ 

Ā 

Krancjar to come on 65-70 mins and exploit hampden's spaces.

33 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

He has started in the last two wins and Windass has been injured most of the time, with no Barton, Rossiter just backĀ and Crooks injured he has to play a settled side, windass's mobility wouldĀ probably be better against them, but this midfieldĀ line up has two wins and two goals to its creditĀ and there could be extra time and subs could be crucial.

I don't think it's mental thinking,Ā just playing to the squads strengths and fitness levels/game timeĀ and backing the inform players.

It's suicide. Guarantee if kranjcar starts he will be hooked before 60 mins through fear of a red card.Ā 

I like him but just think this game isn't for him.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Were you not giving Warburton stick for Garner being wide, no you're suggesting to playĀ him wide?Ā 

Since you pay so much attention to my posts you will also have seen me say that we need 2 strikers to play inside the box. I don't like 3 inter-changable forwards.

What makes you so sure (after reading I don't like Garner being played on the wing) that I don't want him as 1 of the 2 that's to be inside the box?Ā  ..

We play with 3 forwards whether we like it or not. Who would you play ahead of him? McKay?

Ideally I'd like to play Forrester there but I think we need a physical presence upfront against them and again that's where Garner will come in.

Just because my team is laid out with 3 forwards doesn't mean I want them to be playing out on the wing. Maybe I'll stress that point in future so no-one can accuse me of being inconsistent.

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

It's suicide. Guarantee if kranjcar starts he will be hooked before 60 mins through fear of a red card.Ā 

I like him but just think this game isn't for him.Ā 

It's Scott brown and bitton not messi and iniesta. The whole midfield was overrun in the first game. This team we won't have an immobile Barton in the team. Niko can more than handle it.Ā 

If Warburton wants to play Kranjcar he has to do so with Miller and Garner in front of him and Halliday Holt and Windass behind him. I genuinely think that would be the ideal set up for Kranjcar to really flourish. In the hole, with limited defensive responsibility. 4-3-1-2. Fucking go at them.Ā 

Of course, it will never happen, but it would be how I'd set up anyway.Ā 

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Think a few boys froze last time ever out as many players do first time you're there.

However this game is not at the Stade de Paul Gadd. So treat if like they're playing a champions league away from home. Get right at them from Ā the start- pace and power is the required qualities so my team is this.Ā 

Wes/Gilks (whatever)

Tav, Senderos, Wilson, Wallace

Halliday, Ā Windass, Rossiter

Garner, miller, waghornĀ 

Ā 

Krancjar to come on 65-70 mins and exploit hampden's spaces.

My only change to this - except maybe Hill instead of Senderos, close call but think the latter is a stick-on for a red card - would be to start Krancjar instead of Rossiter. If we score/ are leading, hook Krancjar at 60 mins and have Rossiter on as DM then push Andy up the park. Also am tempted to say Forrester not Garner to start. Otherwise this would be my team.

On 15 October 2016 at 4:03 AM, In Dungeons Deep said:

Hopefully the Gladbach game is tight and they're running about the whole game then the Germans get a 90th minute hat trickĀ to make the final score 10-0 and destroy their confidence, making their fans invade the pitch and attack the ref, thereby banning them from Europe forever.

Ā 

Fucking do them Rangers.

Thought it looked better this way

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Wilson is suspended. But I'd like to see that front 3 the so called wingers haven't produced so may as well try them

Not according to the SFA. He's only got one booking.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2016/17/CupCautions/13 Cup Cautions (13 Oct ) CW.pdf

Ā