*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

If he starts Kranjcar then he's learned absolutely nothing from the 5-1 defeat, and really goes to show how stubborn the gaffer can be. 

Kranjcar can be absolutely fucking nowhere near the starting eleven on Sunday.

As I've said elsewhere on the forum, his 45 minutes at Parkhead were the most abysmal and disappointing that I can remember in any Old Firm game. I'm not a religious man, but I prayed to God that Warburton took him off.

49 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Depending on how MW feels about throwing Rossiter in, I think he may well try and get Rossiter, Halliday, Holt and Windass into the starting 11. Can see Windass starting wide right.

This is where is start Windass instead of Waggy who's not on great form. Windass has the same power and directness and is well suited to the wide forward position. 

Just now, trueblueal said:

This is where is start Windass instead of Waggy who's not on great form. Windass has the same power and directness and is well suited to the wide forward position. 

Although I am a fan of Waghorn I have to agree. Think Kenny will start through the middle so need to have legs either side of him.

48 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

If he starts Kranjcar then he's learned absolutely nothing from the 5-1 defeat, and really goes to show how stubborn the gaffer can be. 

I think MW sees Krancjar playing better and getting fitter - I think the midfield will start with Kranckjar Holt and Halliday. Krancjar is getting better though personally I still would not start him.

However if he starts Mackay and Waghorn who have been woeful, then he has learned nothing, and its just hoping against hope that these players suddenly have a good game. Thats not good enough.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'd stick with Waghorn, despite his form.

Dodoo is unproven and if I'm honest, I haven't been impressed by him. I thought we had stolen the Premier League champions' up-and-coming star during the summer, McParland was being touted for a knighthood, but he's struggled to break into the side and when he's played, he hasn't looked great. To put my criticism into perspective, he's older than Celtic's Dembelé, the first team one, not the child.

Waghorn has it in his locker to have an impact on the fixture; we should stick with him. McKay won't lose his place, either.

Foderingham, Tavernier, Hill, Kiernan (I understand Wilson's suspended), Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Forrester, McKay, Miller and Waghorn. That's my starting eleven.

I don't think Waggy is capable of doing it in the bigger games.

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I don't think Waggy is capable of doing it in the bigger games.

Really? Fair enough, but I disagree.

Given his form, I can understand where you're coming from, but we've seen him do the damage on Hibs (Hardly a claim to fame, I appreciate) and I'm genuinely of the belief that if your football upbringing has been down south, then you've got it in you to shine up here.

As I said, I'd stick with him.

2 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Agreed.   And if he is prepared to see us defeated by them again on account of his stubbornness then he can gtf.

Much as I like Kenny Miller,him and garner were anonymous at the piggery( I know they combined for the goal)

our only shot on target was waghorn in the last minutes,something different needs to be tried,and warburton  

sticking with 4 3 3 doesn't help, we will be swamped in midfield again

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I think MW sees Krancjar playing better and getting fitter - I think the midfield will start with Kranckjar Holt and Halliday. Krancjar is getting better though personally I still would not start him.

However if he starts Mackay and Waghorn who have been woeful, then he has learned nothing, and its just hoping against hope that these players suddenly have a good game. Thats not good enough.

At the moment we are all hoping for a settled eleven, he has picked the fittest players available for the last three weeks and changing the side now would be reckless, he might make a tactical change in midfield but even Forrester can't get a start! and he has been fit and part of the squad. Like you say we seem to hoping instead of backing the players Warburton picks, it's not as if we have played any different with the names getting touted to replace the current team, we can't go into this game fearing them, it's a neutral venue with equal fans and a big stage, a perfect stage to play our football.

Wonder if Barton will be giving athenray?   

Ive not even got big match nerves for this one and that's strange as I'm usually commentating to myself on previous games and likely goal scorers. Probably change by Thursday night.  Id prefer to see niko on the bench but then who plays instead?  On current form holt and Halliday start, forrester for me has to be up on the right beside the striker  he was effective there last year. So that only leaves windass who's not 100% fit.  We can't play anyone not 100% against these cunts

wes 

tavernier. Hill. Kiernan. Wallace

?? Halliday holt 

forester waghorn McKay 

niko miller and maybe windass get sub appearance 

One thing that is certain is that about 9 or 10 players have to be at the top of their game for this match, anything less than that and we are losing. Systems and selections are one thing, but they mean little if players don't perform. Preferably they all perform, but we need most of them to be at their best.