Ibrox tour

willygers4life

1 minute ago, willygers4life said:

What like is the Ibrox tour, as the missus is going along and not really in the plans for her whining about it and will it keep an autistic 4 year old happy 

been on it twice and enjoyed both. I wouldn't take the missus unless she is a football/Rangers fan and fortunately mine had no interest in going along. The 2nd time I went I was with my 7 year old and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just now, cushynumber said:

been on it twice and enjoyed both. I wouldn't take the missus unless she is a football/Rangers fan and fortunately mine had no interest in going along. The 2nd time I went I was with my 7 year old and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ok cheers might just punt her off to the shops while myself and the bairn goes on it on Friday 

been on the tour about 4 times over the years but the last one I was on with my father not long before he passed away. and it was a lovely day the tour is absolutely fantastic well worth the entrance fee to see behind the scenes at ibrox as a gers fan will be something both your wife and young boy will never forget the  place is just steeped in history and you will feel it as soon as you come through the doors, climb the marble staircase, go in the home dressing room, trophy room ect. I hope you all have a lovely day and be sure to let us all know what your thoughts are once you have been on it.

22 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Why not book her a nice lunch in the Argyle Restaurant for after the tour.  Perfect way to top it off.

Brilliant in there , well depending on the company :D , and the company was great :) , done it for the Ross county weekend and managed to get a box overlooking the pitch (tu) 

I've been on the tour 4/5 times, does anybody get this strange feeling in them when the enter the main doors and see the marble staircase, dont know how to describe it but i never get that feeling anywhere else. You will love the tour mate great feeling walking down the tunnel with your bear cub beside you.

Done it once and loved it every second of it giving you a small taste of what it would be like if you could play for our great club, for me the old guy that done the tour made it for me with his knowledge about the club and some funny stories and traits he told us about former players and present as he's seen it first hand.

1 hour ago, willygers4life said:

What like is the Ibrox tour, as the missus is going along and not really in the plans for her whining about it and will it keep an autistic 4 year old happy 

It's a brilliant day out mate. Every kid is different but for what it's worth my wee boy is autistic too and he was only 4 the first time I took him, he absolutely loved it.

I went few years ago and loved it tiny took us round and she told great story's about her time at club. Walking up that tunnel was the most amazing experience the trophy room is unreal so much history it's a must for every single Rangers fan my son is nearly 2 can't wait to take him 

My son is on the spectrum aswell. You'll know that no two are the same so it's really down to you mate. Mine likes to delve into great detail about Rangers and the teams they are facing and will sit and read through the programmes time and time again. We thought he would love the tour but he was very quiet on the day. That is due to his social difficulties though and we weren't aware of it as much at the time. Did manage to get the tour guide to let him sit in the managers chair and he set it up with the phone to my sons ear and i think it's a smaller replica of the cup winners cup in his hand. Fantastic photo and a great gesture from the guy.

5 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Thanks for everything guys. Looking forward to it even more now, daughter watches the football with me but doesn't really take much notice really but does get excited when we score 

Cause she knows that you'll be happy and she can probably ask you for anything lol 

Can mind many years ago when my father who followed our club all his life went on the tour. My father was dying with cancer, and we contacted John Greig, and he invited my father along for tour of the whole stadium. Had never seen my father cry in his life, but the tears were streaming down his face, and sad to say, that was the last time he ever entered the place and the team he loved.

39 minutes ago, minstral said:

Can mind many years ago when my father who followed our club all his life went on the tour. My father was dying with cancer, and we contacted John Greig, and he invited my father along for tour of the whole stadium. Had never seen my father cry in his life, but the tears were streaming down his face, and sad to say, that was the last time he ever entered the place and the team he loved.

What better way to spend your last time though minstral. Great wee story mate (tu)