***The official Rangers vs Kilmarnock match thread***

Gaz52

18 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Not a commonly held view, but I agree. Push every single player.

Wes lost it on Wednesday at the end, went mental at the Broomy. 

The combination of no one looking for the ball and him not punting it to those in space was an issue right enough. 

Deserves to keep his spot tho as he's been great for us, it's something I think we've always been good wIth is keepers and I think we have 2 very capable choices. 

15 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I don't think you have mate considering you've changed Mckay out for a player who doesn't play for us.

Mckay is the best creative midfielder we have fit currently anyway so he should start in midfield rather than on the wing where he seems awkward and not as effective.

He is shite. More than enough chances. Time for him to find a club where not winning is acceptable.

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Always good to have a young homegrown scapegoat to get on the back of (tu) 

I'm taking the piss ffs. He is actually quite talented. There's a player in there. Don't know WTF is wrong with him. Really thought he would turn his game around against the filth. Maybe it's the system, the double up with Wallace, pressure,  I don't know, but something aint right. Young players can hit the wall mentally and it can be really difficult to overcome and turn around and can take some time to recover. Even though he is talented, if he hits a prolong period of loss of form, he can actually be questioning himself if he is good enough, or can simply have lost his passion for it. Remember he will have being playing a lot of football from his early years, like 10 years old. Training, watching what he eats, being disciplined, early to bed, no parties, no clubs, no booze and so on and for some, it just sneaks up on them and bang. It can be a crisis that some don't recover from and are lost to the game. I have witnessed it first hand, but hopefully not in his case, but it may be a further prolonged period before we see the best of him again.

On the other hand, a change in his position/role maybe appropriate, but 433 can be quite limiting and Warburton persisting with doing the plan A better, limits his options. By the time McKay gets the ball, there are six oppo players in front of him. Now having to face that every week maybe pissing him off, as much as it pisses me off!

If managed correctly, he can again shine, but it's not all down to him. 

Hopefully this is the game when Mark Warburton realises it is win at all costs.

Set the team out, let them do their thing, but for goodness sake change change it if it isn't working.

Anything less than 3 points today is not acceptable and will heap pressure on a team and manager already feeling it big time.

Go out and do it Rangers.

20 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Would you rather we just pretend the dross performances he's consistently churning out are fine? 

He's been our worst performer this season, defenders included.

Sure he has been bad, but I just can't put it all down to him. I think the system is killing him and others. There is just little opportunity for him and others to express themselves. Sure have a game plan, but ffs, this constantly playing it out from the back, is leaving us taking forever to get up the park and very predictable, by which time the oppo have a wall of steel lined up against us and It's giving the the guys up front a doubly difficult task.

It needs to change.

Any win will do , just need to get confidence going and on a run of wins .

It's time to play Crooks if he is fit enough for the bench play him , I know hodson was at fault for the goal the other night but give the had a run , Wallace needs rested  he has been poor , great ambassador and captain but poor on the park for a while . I still think gilks is a better keeper and would give him a run in the team .

Gilks

Tav   Hill  Crooks  Hodson 

Windass   Halliday  Holt 

Forrester  Garner  waghorn  

2 nil   Rangers 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Hopefully this is the game when Mark Warburton realises it is win at all costs.

Set the team out, let them do their thing, but for goodness sake change change it if it isn't working.

Anything less than 3 points today is not acceptable and will heap pressure on a team and manager already feeling it big time.

Go out and do it Rangers.

Absolutely on the money mate.

I think his post match interview showed the signs that he realises he needs to turn this around and quickly, it's no longer about taking positives from a defeat or draw it's about 3 points on the board first and foremost, the performance is actually secondary and will come good if you win enough to get the confidence levels up again.

31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sure he has been bad, but I just can't put it all down to him. I think the system is killing him and others. There is just little opportunity for him and others to express themselves. Sure have a game plan, but ffs, this constantly playing it out from the back, is leaving us taking forever to get up the park and very predictable, by which time the oppo have a wall of steel lined up against us and It's giving the the guys up front a doubly difficult task.

It needs to change.

I think the lad lacks a bit of heart to be honest.   The challenge he blatantly shat out of on Wednesday a good example.  There is ability there, there can be no argument about that however when the chips are down I wouldnt look towards him.  It's probably unfair of me to say this as it's speculation however I wonder about his commitment to the cause in general.  I would start Dodoo left today.

Hope young Barry proves me wrong, either way right intae them today.  Rangers 3-1.

Team wise I doubt there'll be much changes from Wednesday, maybe Miller and Tav will be brought back in. The goalkeeping situation I'm not sure about, Gills and Foderingham I'd say are pretty evenly matched, however Fod does have a habit of conceding goals from distance. Whether this is a weakness, the opposition see it as a weakness therefore are more inclined to hit shots or its just plain luck who knows.

As far as predicting a scoreline, I'd go with what I suspected on Wednesday, we'll score early and win by 2 or 3 goals or Killie will score with their first effort, we'll struggle to get back into the game and it'll finish 1-1.