The case for Frank de Boer

Before you say we can't afford him or he wouldn't come here, ask yourself if you thought we would be able to attract and pay Kranjcar and Barton 6 months ago. 

I strongly believe Warburton won't last much longer and it looks like Frank de Boer's time at Inter will be over soon. They beat Torino 2-1 during the week but the performance wasn't great and it took a Joe Hart howler 2 minutes from time to get the win. The Italian sportswriters are unanimously agreed that he's for the chop. Inter will sack him, so he wouldn't mind the drop in pay that he would get here. He's lived and played here too and knows the club well through his twin Ronald and the rest of the Dutch contingent. Him being sacked from Inter doesn't dissuade me though, many good managers didn't last there due to the politics in the boardroom and it's a poisoned chalice. 

FdB would continue the philosophy that's being implemented at Rangers, it's the Dutch way and he managed the youth team at Ajax before taking over the first team from Martin Jol. In his 6 years in charge there, he won the league the first 4 and narrowly lost out in the last 2 seasons. European football wasn't great for him, but he has the experience and will have learned a lot from these games. FdB was also assistant manager of the Dutch national team that came second in the 2010 World Cup. 

He's the best option and I think he's a realistic target. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've been doing long shifts at work just now but have I missed Warburton being sacked or resigning recently, seems like a new thread every day with a manager suggestion, fucking embarrassing some of the shite posted in here at times, Warburton is the manager just now and until that changes he has my support, didn't take that long for the knives to come out. 

30 minutes ago, fleeting_glimpse said:

Before you say we can't afford him or he wouldn't come here, ask yourself if you thought we would be able to attract and pay Kranjcar and Barton 6 months ago. 

I strongly believe Warburton won't last much longer and it looks like Frank de Boer's time at Inter will be over soon. They beat Torino 2-1 during the week but the performance wasn't great and it took a Joe Hart howler 2 minutes from time to get the win. The Italian sportswriters are unanimously agreed that he's for the chop. Inter will sack him, so he wouldn't mind the drop in pay that he would get here. He's lived and played here too and knows the club well through his twin Ronald and the rest of the Dutch contingent. Him being sacked from Inter doesn't dissuade me though, many good managers didn't last there due to the politics in the boardroom and it's a poisoned chalice. 

FdB would continue the philosophy that's being implemented at Rangers, it's the Dutch way and he managed the youth team at Ajax before taking over the first team from Martin Jol. In his 6 years in charge there, he won the league the first 4 and narrowly lost out in the last 2 seasons. European football wasn't great for him, but he has the experience and will have learned a lot from these games. FdB was also assistant manager of the Dutch national team that came second in the 2010 World Cup. 

He's the best option and I think he's a realistic target. 

Whooooooph - swept away!