Boydy

thehost

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Scored goals for us but dont like him, never have.  Used to argue on the away bus about him all the time but he is an arrogant knob imo

I've met him and he was really nice and down to earth.

My brother in law who is a tim, has also met him, and had nothing but nice things to say about him.

Met Nacho at the same time and have little to no time for him, he was a bit knobish.

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Didn't cheer when he came on and still don't understand why people did!

I actually really like the way Boyd conducts himself off the park in regards to us. I thought he was a great player for us. 

Any chance in the box Boyd puts it away. Said as much at Killie away as soon as he was in the box wae that ball it was hitting the back of the net. 

SPL all time top scorer and he's probably one of the best strikers we've had in recent times

21 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I've met him and he was really nice and down to earth.

My brother in law who is a tim, has also met him, and had nothing but nice things to say about him.

Met Nacho at the same time and have little to no time for him, he was a bit knobish.

I don't trust your brother in law and neither should you ?

14 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Nah can't think of any reason why young Rangers fans would love their top goalscorer growing up, you know, the SPL's all time top scorer who played and scored a shit load of goals for Rangers...

He was kinda the 90s kids Ally McCoist, someone on the pitch who you knew would score given the chance 

36 minutes ago, BenLui said:

He did actually get the winner in the 2008 cup final.

Although I remember more that he had to be subbed at half time in the following year's because he looked as if he was about to burst!

44 minutes ago, kanjo said:

His goals were massive for us.  He flopped the second time around but I have respect for him for dropping a division for us.  Delighted he got an applause.

Mate seriously? Dropped a division and was a lazy bastard, put weight on to the point he struggled at that level.  Respect? Exactly what he lacks.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

He did actually get the winner in the 2008 cup final.

Although I remember more that he had to be subbed at half time in the following year's because he looked as if he was about to burst!

Nice one take that point back:D

Love the big man. Walter never fancied him on the big occasions, so fans can be forgiven for not really associating him with season defining moments - but that guy is responsible for a good few of our clubs 114 trophies. Bare that in mind before slating the guy in here. 

Good to see the Rangers support give the lad a round of applause for all he did in his first spell at the club when he came on even though he was playing against us yesterday. Same goes for Coisty when he played against us as well back in the 90s.

Unlike the manky mob who booed the feck out of Larsson when he played against them for Barca and sang songs about how Bobo would snap him in half etc.

It's clear to see the difference in class between the two sets of fans.

1 hour ago, BenLui said:

The day against Dundee Utd in the league cup final in 2008

he also had a decent season in Europe for us under le guen in the uefa cup aswell