Boydy

thehost

5 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Definitely mate and I'm sure Boydy would have been delighted with the gesture.

I left straight away at the final whistle so didn't see it, but I can believe that and it's great to see.

Boydys recent outspoken criticism of Joey Barton and all that carry on shows he cares for the club and our fans. He was speaking not only as an ex player and pundit, he was speaking from the heart imo.

I am sure he would have been delighted mate. (tu)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rfc_watp said:

I clapped and thought it was a lovely touch.

I personally thought most people would be clapping as a show of support after the tragic events with his Brother. Some things are bigger than football and a show of unity with our top goalscorer in recent memory, in times of hardship definitely qualifies as that.

That's exactly why I clapped.

4 hours ago, Orange Persson said:

It was a nice touch. It helped that we were up in the game?  Same applause if we were down 2-0? or if he scored against us?

Not on yer life!:lol:

I thought it was more to do with his brothers passing and them doing the hanging dummies on old firm day. A great touch of support by us.

Dint think it had a great deal to do with him being a player for us as hes played against us since he left and not had that

5 hours ago, BenLui said:

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Didn't cheer when he came on and still don't understand why people did!

You get 3 points for a win against every team in the league.  Boyd scored countless goals against every team in the league and would often be the guy when we were away to Falkirk etc who would score the goal that gave us a 1 0 win in a pishy game.

Kris Boyd scored many important goals for us. 

I'm sure the stat is that every game Boyd scored in we won, except for the cup game where Durrant was caretaker when we were 3-0 down at HT and Boyd came on, scored twice and we lost 3-2. Only counting the first time round of course. And as said above, in so many turgid 1-0 wins it was Boyd who was the difference. For me he is undoubtedly a Rangers hero, all things taken into consideration.

Well i gave him his due but alot of ppl around me gave him dogs abuse which i thought was stinking. His 2nd spell was bad we all no this but i know for a fact the guy bleeds blue as for somone saying he didnt keep fit for us only for his precious killie you did see him yesterday didnt you ? 

18 hours ago, BenLui said:

Never understood the hero status he had/still has with some of our support. Any player who cant maintain a good level of fitness playing for the team he supports tells me more about him than any sound bite coming out his mouth. Have a think compared to our other Hero strikers how many really important goals did he score compared to them e.g. only goal in a 1-0 against them/winning goals in cup finals/goals in Europe. Sums it up for me really...

Didn't cheer when he came on and still don't understand why people did!

Scored goals in Scottish cup final and two against Dundee Hibs in the league cup final, and slotted the winning penalty.

20 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

Scored goals for us but dont like him, never have.  Used to argue on the away bus about him all the time but he is an arrogant knob imo

Despised him since the six fingers incident. 

The guy scored over 100 goals, gave his all when he was here (even if his 2nd stint was poor), talks about us in a good light and has had a tough time of it recently.........yet some can't grant him the appreciation he deserves!!!  I was more than happy to cheer and clap him when he came on. 

He is one of us and deserves our respect IMO, like him or not. We have a history of treating returning players with respect.

Personally I think he was a massive waste of talent. If any of us had a chance to play for Rangers we would be as fit as we possibly could, we would work as hard as our bodies would physically allow and our attitude would be exemplary in every game.

For as many goals as he scored, he didn't really fulfil any of those for me.