Leipzig

Carsons Dog

psb07158  Thanks for posting the link, very enlightening, it's interesting to note that fans of other clubs take an interest in the background, both social and historical of their competitors and are not afraid of voicing their opinions. Lessons to be learned.

Just now, fanaticCR said:

I think I'm gonna do Friday to Sunday night. Means I can crack a beer for breakfast on the Saturday and hope for an evening kick off.

I dont know what I'd do. preferably in and out. but that doesn't look particularly feasible due to having to get back to Berlin 

18 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I dont know what I'd do. preferably in and out. but that doesn't look particularly feasible due to having to get back to Berlin 

Leizig and vegas this year????? You robbed a bank lol

In and out sounds good to me mate. Let me know if its a goer and im in  

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Leizig and vegas this year????? You robbed a bank lol

In and out sounds good to me mate. Let me know if its a goer and im in  

Will do mate. not sure if it's doable but I'll see. 

Tbf the bank paid for Vegas I just didn't rob it :lol:

Would be a nice invite for us, don't get the animosity towards Leipzig in Germany, fan ownership only became a tradition after the collapse of the TV company that funded german football ala the EPL went tits up, its good to see a team from the old east rise up, they've come a long way since being SSV Markranstädt, surely the Bundesliga will benefit from having another strong club challenging. Smacks of fear and jealousy on the part of the other clubs fans, shades of our recent history there.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Rumours on follow follow it's scheduled for Saturday 14th January. 

Guys on there already booking up. Canny wait. :D 

17 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Would be a nice invite for us, don't get the animosity towards Leipzig in Germany, fan ownership only became a tradition after the collapse of the TV company that funded german football ala the EPL went tits up, its good to see a team from the old east rise up, they've come a long way since being locomotive Leipzig, surely the Bundesliga will benefit from having another strong club challenging. Smacks of fear and jealousy on the part of the other clubs fans, shades of our recent history there.

Its a shitey wee plastic club, the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football. Nothing like us. However what Rangnick is doing is impressive.

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Guys on there already booking up. Canny wait. :D 

Its a shitey wee plastic club, the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football. Nothing like us. However what Rangnick is doing is impressive.

If your booking up give me a text mate, think there's 6-7 of us doing it at the weekend regardless of whether it's confirmed or not.

Worst comes to worse and it's a weekend in Berlin :beer1:

43 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Would you have preferred Red Bull to put their cash into FC St. Pauli? the contract was ready to be signed by all accounts, sure they're nothing to do with us in terms of history and prestige was only suggesting that the fear and jealousy they have created has shades of our experience, as for them being everything thats wrong with football, the Bundesliga is dominated by one club, whats so bad about having a strong competition? red bull tried to invest in a few clubs and the fans rejected their business model, buying the rights of a nothing team and rebuilding from scratch was their only choice, fucking good luck to them.  are you saying you wouldn't fancy some cunt actually putting 50million into our club rather than it being ran by bullshitters and holed below the water line by under funding and lack of ambition?

Wish Dietrich Mateschitz  fancied owning a Scottish club as well, although he can stick the RB bit up his arse, unless of course he made it Royal British.

This was the reason why the SPL scrapped the winter break way back, teams organising friendlies when teams were claiming that their players needed rest as the main reason to introduce it the first place.. I think it is a daft and pointless exercise to travel and play a game for no need.    

15 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

This was the reason why the SPL scrapped the winter break way back, teams organising friendlies when teams were claiming that their players needed rest as the main reason to introduce it the first place.. I think it is a daft and pointless exercise to travel and play a game for no need.    

It's fuck all to do with rest it's to avoid games getting replanned due to cold weather.

Am having a look at this. Have friends and family in southern Germany. Idea would be to fly out and see them for a few days and put the game in the middle, 4 hour train but  the German trains are reliable and comfortable and good value - works out at about 50 euro return from Karlsruhe which seems good value. So for Bears going over consider all the other routes as the trains are good and quick and compared to here good value.

51 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Would you have preferred Red Bull to put their cash into FC St. Pauli? the contract was ready to be signed by all accounts, sure they're nothing to do with us in terms of history and prestige was only suggesting that the fear and jealousy they have created has shades of our experience, as for them being everything thats wrong with football, the Bundesliga is dominated by one club, whats so bad about having a strong competition? red bull tried to invest in a few clubs and the fans rejected their business model, buying the rights of a nothing team and rebuilding from scratch was their only choice, fucking good luck to them.  are you saying you wouldn't fancy some cunt actually putting 50million into our club rather than it being ran by bullshitters and holed below the water line by under funding and lack of ambition?

Wish Dietrich Mateschitz  fancied owning a Scottish club as well, although he can stick the RB bit up his arse, unless of course he made it Royal British.

Rather they didn't touch any football club in the world mate. Fans don't fear them nor are they jealous of them, no respectable set of fans would let them touch their club. Hence how they were rejected all over Germany before settling for a 5th division club. 

I'd love a cunt to fire £50million in to our club, unfortunately thats not what the only thing they do. Nor would it be our club anymore.