Liepzig travel & accomm

GallowhillLoyal

Hi guys looking to take my daughter to her first trip abroad to see Rangers. Can any of the seasoned veterans recommend the cheapest and easiest way to book flights & accommodation and also how can I get tickets?

I have our 2 STs signed up to away games cccs and non ST games at ibrox

7 hours ago, GallowhillLoyal said:

Hi guys looking to take my daughter to her first trip abroad to see Rangers. Can any of the seasoned veterans recommend the cheapest and easiest way to book flights & accommodation and also how can I get tickets?

Try getting flights from Glasgow to Gatwick then to Berlin. We just managed to get ours for £100. Accommodation wise, check Trivago. There are a few decent 4* hotels for £35 pound a night roughly which is all you need cause its not a 5* resort in the Maldives yer after. 

8 hours ago, GallowhillLoyal said:

Im going Sat to Mon.

Glasgow to Dublin to Berlin return.

£80  (ryanair)

2 nights in Ramada in Berlin Alexanderplatz for £153.

11 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Try getting flights from Glasgow to Gatwick then to Berlin. We just managed to get ours for £100. Accommodation wise, check Trivago. There are a few decent 4* hotels for £35 pound a night roughly which is all you need cause its not a 5* resort in the Maldives yer after. 

What website for flights my man?

Just get on Skyscanner mate and try all sorts of combinations.

You've got some airports - Berlin, Leipzig, Frankfurt and Dresden all within a couple of hours at most by train.

You've got routes from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Stansted and Dublin - going on pals of mine who's booked today.

If you don't mind driving for a couple of hours there's also Newcastle Airport.

In theory you could even maybe get a cheap flight to Prague or Poznan. Maybe hire a car from there, think that's only a couple of hours.

You can get cheap flights from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Dusseldorf - but I think your maybe 4 hours by train (at a guess)

It depends on how old your child is and how much you want to drag them about.

Get on Skyscanner and key in all sorts of combinations (remember to tick the box add nearby airports) .. remember and play with the dates ... out Friday, back Monday ... out Saturday, back Sunday night ... etc. 

Hotels are easy ... booking.com, Trip Adviser, Expedia ...

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I'm no sure it was my mate that booked them but I'll tell you once I find out mate.

Sorted matw, cheers.

3 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

So do people think best to stay in Berlin? Sorry what date is the game? I'm going to book on Monday 

15th mate.

8 hours ago, GallowhillLoyal said:

I'm going 

Glasgow to berlin easyjet 39 quid

Then berlin to Stanstead and then flight to Glasgow  that cost me 34 quid or so.

Staying at a hotel at the airport hotel for 20 quid.

It can be done on a budget. I'm taking my child as well for the first time. Im flying out the Sunday morning 0750 then back Monday 

4 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

So do people think best to stay in Berlin? Sorry what date is the game? I'm going to book on Monday 

Were staying in Leipzig, plenty hotels and apartments available........book as early as u can these airlines are ruthless when they find out rangers fans flying out from every airport!!

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Just get on Skyscanner mate and try all sorts of combinations.

You've got some airports - Berlin, Leipzig, Frankfurt and Dresden all within a couple of hours at most by train.

You've got routes from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Stansted and Dublin - going on pals of mine who's booked today.

If you don't mind driving for a couple of hours there's also Newcastle Airport.

In theory you could even maybe get a cheap flight to Prague or Poznan. Maybe hire a car from there, think that's only a couple of hours.

You can get cheap flights from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Dusseldorf - but I think your maybe 4 hours by train (at a guess)

It depends on how old your child is and how much you want to drag them about.

Get on Skyscanner and key in all sorts of combinations (remember to tick the box add nearby airports) .. remember and play with the dates ... out Friday, back Monday ... out Saturday, back Sunday night ... etc. 

Hotels are easy ... booking.com, Trip Adviser, Expedia ...

Pm me your new num mate

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm going 

Then berlin to Stanstead and then flight to Glasgow  that cost me 34 quid or so.

It can be done on a budget. I'm taking my child as well for the first time. Im flying out the Sunday morning 0750 then back Monday 

Mate can you pm they details if you don't mind and any links. Thinking of taking my ten year old son. 

Anyone know how we'll get tickets sorted for this 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

Mate can you pm they details if you don't mind and any links. Thinking of taking my ten year old son. 

Anyone know how we'll get tickets sorted for this 

Think they will be for ST holders CCCS or travel club. you'll get them though no problem imo.

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm going 

We are going Glasgow- Stanstead- Berlin there and back. Are you on the 6pm flight back on the Monday ? We were going for the early one then changed to the 6pm one then the 8.05 flight from Stanstead up the road. We have a 5 hour wait on the way there but that was the cheapest and we booked 3 hours ago. £80 all in and Apartment is working out £65 pp so not too bad near the centre of Berlin. 

11 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

We are going Glasgow- Stanstead- Berlin there and back. Are you on the 6pm flight back on the Monday ? We were going for the early one then changed to the 6pm one then the 8.05 flight from Stanstead up the road. We have a 5 hour wait on the way there but that was the cheapest and we booked 3 hours ago. £80 all in and Apartment is working out £65 pp so not too bad near the centre of Berlin. 

That's a good deal mate.

We are on earliest out of Berlin and then 910 easyjet flight back up 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Don't know mate just said they were leaving the morning and back straight after the game think it's 2 hours away. Think it will be at a guess €10-€20. 

I arrive in Berlin at 11 local time. could you pm the boy if you have an account and ask about time? I'd book 4 on. @bouncy you dealing with this mate?

tickets will not be a problem red bull arena holds 43,000 for football.they played three pre season friendlies there in august two getman teams which got less than 2000 there and real betis of spain which got a crowd of just over 13.000.cant see a game against us getting 30.000 extra!! for a winter break match.