The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

12 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

"The Auchenhowie management team will inform the player of appropriate training arrangements to which he must adhere for as long as he remains a Rangers player."

Doesn't sound like he'll see first team football again anytime soon, if at all... 

Thats how I read it. Training on his own until January and then papped.

Nice to see another thread full of daft rumors and speculations and all of them negative

This is is a good thing. He's a good player and a great passer of the ball. If he keeps his head down he can do well.

The last thing we need to happen is for the crowd to boo and taunt him when he comes back

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I think 13 year olds write our statements for us. Just say whether he'll play for not fuck sake

It sounds like this is part of the 'punishment' to me

Agreed. Probably seen his tweet about playing golf yesterday and thought fuck that get him in here to train as punishment.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We are lucky both him and Kranjcar are out as Warburton couldn't see that.

Kranjcar on his own, when used specially, worked well. The ball bounced off him and allowed the others to shift around freely.

When Barton and Kranjcar played together it was like swimming through treacle. Why Warburton thought that would ever work I'll never know.

The important thing is he's showing signs that he's realised that and even tweaked us tactically from the rigid side-to-side possession game with no end product.

19 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

To me the statement says he will be staying with us as we can't sack him, will be training with reserves and sold/loaned in January. Just my opinion 

I read it like that too hopefully get something for him

This will be to conform to legal requirements and not leave us open to a claim for constructive dismissal. I suspect he will train with the youths until he gets an offer from elsewhere. Ideally in January . No matter what I hope he does not get a payout from us. I would rather we paid him weekly till his contract ended than give him a payout to go early . If he wants to spend the next 18 months or so like this then fine 

He's a stubborn tit of a guy but the way we have handled it is a shambles as well. If he's apologised then we should have  moved on and kept him part of the squad. If he hasn't apologised or made an effort to put it to bed then we should be looking at ways to get rid of him now via some type of breach of contract.