The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think 13 year olds write our statements for us. Just say whether he'll play for not fuck sake

It sounds like this is part of the 'punishment' to me

Jim Traynor's PR advice is extremely piss poor. Written and verbal.

Anyone that thinks we're getting a fee for him in January is kidding themselves.

We couldn't make it any more obvious that we're desperate to get rid of him and any interested clubs will take full advantage of that. He'll leave on a free.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Best case is he's fit enough to play for a team in January, we get 500k which probably covers his wage since hes been here and we move on. 

Be very surprised if we get any fee, since it's obvious we just want rid regardless clubs won't be pushing the boat out to offer us money

Club and Warburton caught between a rock and a hard place so electing for now for neither and hoping the problem player can be eased away somewhere else soon.

Can't sack him and cannot justify continuing with a suspension as whatever he has done is not serious enough to safely justify dismissal for fear of risking losing a case if Barton challenged the decision in the courts / tribunals.  But can't have him back in the first team squad as Warbuton does not seem to want him so Club is left with no alternative but to back the manager whether or not the manager was wise in his handling of the 'issue' in the first place.   It looks like he might be ostracised from Warburton and the first team squad.  If that were not the case then the Club statement would not be so cryptic in describing his training.

Seems Barton is simply not wanted and to avoid greater risk of constructive dismissal he trains somewhere away from the first team then departs in due course (Jan) with a sackful of compensation and a binding confidentiality agreement never to speak about the matter (insofar as any confidentiality agreements are ever really all that effective since leaks can and do occur - Rangers itself not being immune to leaks as we've seen all to often in the past).  So its  sort of training 'no mans land' for now for Barton and the Club).

When it ends (hopefully soon) it does not really end there.   Once he is free from the clutches of the Club's HR team and of Warburton it would be astounding if Barton did not let it be known quietly or loudly throughout English football what his views are in general about the Club and about Warburton ......carefully avoiding discussing 'the issue' of course.  Point is, with his many media and wider contacts in the game it remains to be seen whether any general comments he makes about the Club, the manager, the tactics, the Scottish game would have an adverse effect on Rangers looking to persuade others from English leagues to come and play for Rangers.    It would be foolish for the Club to simply think that its reputation would be enough to overcome any adverse effects resulting from the way it handled Barton. 

In the absence of full and complete facts about the incident it does not seem to me that Warburton or the Club has handled this wisely or well.  And in the process may have to pay a sizeable compensation to him to get him off the payroll.    Seems to me that neither the Club, nor Barton, nor Warburton come out of this well or with any of their reputations enhanced.  

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Club and Warburton caught between a rock and a hard place so electing for now for neither and hoping the problem player can be eased away somewhere else soon.

Can't sack him and cannot justify continuing with a suspension as whatever he has done is not serious enough to safely justify dismissal for fear of risking losing a case if Barton challenged the decision in the courts / tribunals.  But can't have him back in the first team squad as Warbuton does not seem to want him so Club is left with no alternative but to back the manager whether or not the manager was wise in his handling of the 'issue' in the first place.   It looks like he might be ostracised from Warburton and the first team squad.  If that were not the case then the Club statement would not be so cryptic in describing his training.

Seems Barton is simply not wanted and to avoid greater risk of constructive dismissal he trains somewhere away from the first team then departs in due course (Jan) with a sackful of compensation and a binding confidentiality agreement never to speak about the matter (insofar as any confidentiality agreements are ever really all that effective since leaks can and do occur - Rangers itself not being immune to leaks as we've seen all to often in the past).  So its  sort of training 'no mans land' for now for Barton and the Club).

When it ends (hopefully soon) it does not really end there.   Once he is free from the clutches of the Club's HR team and of Warburton it would be astounding if Barton did not let it be known quietly or loudly throughout English football what his views are in general about the Club and about Warburton ......carefully avoiding discussing 'the issue' of course.  Point is, with his many media and wider contacts in the game it remains to be seen whether any general comments he makes about the Club, the manager, the tactics, the Scottish game would have an adverse effect on Rangers looking to persuade others from English leagues to come and play for Rangers.    It would be foolish for the Club to simply think that its reputation would be enough to overcome any adverse effects resulting from the way it handled Barton. 

In the absence of full and complete facts about the incident it does not seem to me that Warburton or the Club has handled this wisely or well.  And in the process may have to pay a sizeable compensation to him to get him off the payroll.    Seems to me that neither the Club, nor Barton, nor Warburton come out of this well or with any of their reputations enhanced.  

Was clean shaven when I started reading this post. Just finished and look like ZZ Top. Epic as always 

Even if you discount the terrible attitude he's had throughout his career, including at Rangers.

Its clear he doesn't fit into our current style of football, he doesn't have enough energy or craft to be in our middle three.

On that alone I'd like to see the back of him. 

But counting his attitude as well and the disruption he clearly causes in the dressing room - I hope he languishes in the reserves and is punted in Jan. 

The guy is a self involved hot head who should be nowhere near this, or any Rangers squad. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sfunny how folks read things - I read from the statement that he is returning to the club to do what he is told. 

I can't see how he will "never" play for us or "train with the youths" or "disagreed" with what is being asked of him. 

If there was a chance of him playing again then the statement would have mentioned him returning to the first team set up or something along those lines

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Even if you discount the terrible attitude he's had throughout his career, including at Rangers.

Its clear he doesn't fit into our current style of football, he doesn't have enough energy or craft to be in our middle three.

On that alone I'd like to see the back of him. 

But counting his attitude as well and the disruption he clearly causes in the dressing room - I hope he languishes in the reserves and is punted in Jan. 

The guy is a self involved hot head who should be nowhere near this, or any Rangers squad. 

He started the season very badly like everyone else, I'd say its impossible to make a definitive judgement on what he could have offered us on the park as the season went on and the reasons for him going are off the park ones.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

If there was a chance of him playing again then the statement would have mentioned him returning to the first team set up or something along those lines

Why would it? That would be stupid of them.

As would a statement saying he will be training with the reserves  

Because if the opposite of any of those two statements were to happen we would look stupid.