The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

Not sure what to read into that statement but I imagine he will train with the u20 until he gains a level of fitness before training with the first team and getting back into contention for a first team spot or he will be gone in January.time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I'd have to disagree, his sideways passing, long balls, turning circle of a bin lorry and lack of quick decision making are all clear indications he doesn't suit our style of play.

Plus why would we want someone who causes such disruption and unrest off the field in our squad?

Get him gone asap.

Off the park issues are another angle and that's the reason he's going to be away above all else

Our style of play hasn't exactly been that clear this season (albeit things clicked last Saturday), I'm not defending Barton's displays when he played but I wouldn't say he was horrendously worse than everyone else. Kranjcar was written off after the same length of time yet he started to look like he had something to contribute before this injury, some other players have improved since that period as well

It's not a question that'll keep me awake at night we'll move on like we always do, I just don't think we'll ever know what he might have contributed if his Rangers career had gone beyond five games, that's far too short a time to judge

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I know but he's kept quiet all this time I doubt he'd mess up now, he's not stupid

Lets agree to disagree..and move on..It is my prediction that he WILL fuck up again..His ego and his delusion in his own self worth and intelligence won't allow him to be going in everyday to train with the youths..The sooner January comes and hopefully some Club takes him away can't come quick enough..Just hope the youths don't take him on their Christmas night out and buy him a cigar..!!??..

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What's happened with Rossiter?!

Just the injuries but really want to see him back ASAP. 

Point is the 3 of them would surely have been starters but the combination of bad luck and the Barton nonsense has been a disaster

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Off the park issues are another angle and that's the reason he's going to be away above all else

Our style of play hasn't exactly been that clear this season (albeit things clicked last Saturday), I'm not defending Barton's displays when he played but I wouldn't say he was horrendously worse than everyone else. Kranjcar was written off after the same length of time yet he started to look like he had something to contribute before this injury, some other players have improved since that period as well

It's not a question that'll keep me awake at night we'll move on like we always do, I just don't think we'll ever know what he might have contributed if his Rangers career had gone beyond five games, that's far too short a time to judge

He was also played out of position in quite a few of the games he did play to allow Rossiter so sit infront of the defence .

31 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I have every faith that Joey will fuck up and Rangers will just sack him...give him enough rope and he will hang himself..He has a track record of doing it and whilst it isn't ideal, The Club won't imho have to wait too long for this guys next Gross Misconduct Offence..

not a hope in hell mate, not a route we will want to go down either as we couldnt afford to lose the court case

36 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I have every faith that Joey will fuck up and Rangers will just sack him...give him enough rope and he will hang himself..He has a track record of doing it and whilst it isn't ideal, The Club won't imho have to wait too long for this guys next Gross Misconduct Offence..

He had a track record of being sacked? First I've heard of it.

8 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

not a hope in hell mate, not a route we will want to go down either as we couldnt afford to lose the court case

Wait and see what happens..If I am wrong in my guess then I am man enough to come back on here and admit it..:pipe:

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He had a track record of being sacked? First I've heard of it.

I said he had a track record of "fucking up"..and that given enough rope he might hang himself..You just decided to quote me and be pedantic just for the sake of it perhaps..??

Its went on far too long and this seems to be a mutually beneficial deal for ALL  sides. Barton gets to train and get fit, the board will avoid having to pay him off and warburton dodges the bullet as the barton issue will disguise what was essentially a piss poor choice of player and also a shitey start to the season.  

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

doh

You said you have every faith that he will fuck up and we'll sack him. Give him enough rope and he'lol hang himself and he has a track record of it. We won't have long to wait for his "next gross misconduct offence"

A track record of what? Being outspoken?

When was his first gross misconduct case? Because he's never been sacked before.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Wait and see what happens..If I am wrong in my guess then I am man enough to come back on here and admit it..:pipe:

Do you really think Barton is daft enough to do anything that loses him half a million? Dont forget a sacking is a he said.you said scenario and will ultimatly be for a judge to decide. Rangers dont have the finances to risk losing 1.5 million pound.

51 minutes ago, davidcooptemp said:

Unreal just get him to fuck. 20g a week for training with the under 20s. He must be laughing at us.

unfortunately we cant just do that. We have not built a solid enough case for instant dismissal - if we just got rid of him he would sue for wrongful dismissal.

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I said he had a track record of "fucking up"..and that given enough rope he might hang himself..You just decided to quote me and be pedantic just for the sake of it perhaps..??

You didn't say give him enough rope and he might hang himself though did you?

You said give him enough rope and he will hang himself. He has a track record of it.

Only he doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Its went on far too long and this seems to be a mutually beneficial deal for ALL  sides. Barton gets to train and get fit, the board will avoid having to pay him off and warburton dodges the bullet as the barton issue will disguise what was essentially a piss poor choice of player and also a shitey start to the season.

Except the board havent avoided paying him off, it will take a pay off for him to leave or he will simply see out his contract

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

"The Auchenhowie management team will inform the player of appropriate training arrangements to which he must adhere for as long as he remains a Rangers player."

Doesn't sound like he'll see first team football again anytime soon, if at all... 

Not with us, thank fuck!

3 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You didn't say give him enough rope and he might hang himself though did you?

You said give him enough rope and he will hang himself. He has a track record of it.

Only he doesn't.

Thank fuck your here...I might have gotten away with posting pish on the internet..:hanged: