The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Two ways of reading the bit about training arrangements - He'll be given special training outwith that of the rest of the squad to get him up-to-speed OR He's in with the U20s

Disappointed in you Dude, usually you have an idea of what's going on :lol: 

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

No worries mate. I'll be happy to help out whenever I see you posting blatantly lies to suit your argument.

Surely you meant..Blatant Lies"..you can't be the Thread Polis and think you can get away with such shoddy Grammar..??...:pipe: 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Club and Warburton caught between a rock and a hard place so electing for now for neither and hoping the problem player can be eased away somewhere else soon.

Can't sack him and cannot justify continuing with a suspension as whatever he has done is not serious enough to safely justify dismissal for fear of risking losing a case if Barton challenged the decision in the courts / tribunals.  But can't have him back in the first team squad as Warbuton does not seem to want him so Club is left with no alternative but to back the manager whether or not the manager was wise in his handling of the 'issue' in the first place.   It looks like he might be ostracised from Warburton and the first team squad.  If that were not the case then the Club statement would not be so cryptic in describing his training.

Seems Barton is simply not wanted and to avoid greater risk of constructive dismissal he trains somewhere away from the first team then departs in due course (Jan) with a sackful of compensation and a binding confidentiality agreement never to speak about the matter (insofar as any confidentiality agreements are ever really all that effective since leaks can and do occur - Rangers itself not being immune to leaks as we've seen all to often in the past).  So its  sort of training 'no mans land' for now for Barton and the Club).

When it ends (hopefully soon) it does not really end there.   Once he is free from the clutches of the Club's HR team and of Warburton it would be astounding if Barton did not let it be known quietly or loudly throughout English football what his views are in general about the Club and about Warburton ......carefully avoiding discussing 'the issue' of course.  Point is, with his many media and wider contacts in the game it remains to be seen whether any general comments he makes about the Club, the manager, the tactics, the Scottish game would have an adverse effect on Rangers looking to persuade others from English leagues to come and play for Rangers.    It would be foolish for the Club to simply think that its reputation would be enough to overcome any adverse effects resulting from the way it handled Barton. 

In the absence of full and complete facts about the incident it does not seem to me that Warburton or the Club has handled this wisely or well.  And in the process may have to pay a sizeable compensation to him to get him off the payroll.    Seems to me that neither the Club, nor Barton, nor Warburton come out of this well or with any of their reputations enhanced.  

All brought to everyone exclusively on Talksport/Sky . By JB 

Most of us seem to be blaming the board but has anyone thought Barton has been working his ticket all along? After all he does regret signing for Rangers.   A player with his experience shouldn't ever look like a lost sheep in an old firm game. He wants out as much as the club want him gone but with his money of course

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You're correcting my grammar after making a mistake in your own previous post?  

Deary me :lol: 

Aye..So deal wae it ya smart arse..:001:...Just for the record are you Joeys best pal..??..and just what is your own grammatically incorrect opinion on this thread..??

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Are people that daft to keep having a go at the Board for statements like these? It's quite clearly to do with legal issues.

Read between the lines: he played his last game for the Club against Celtic.

Agrree with this. No mention of Barton training with the first team so he won't be playing for us again.

He has burnt his bridges and Rangers want him ofski asap. He will train alone/with the youngsters where his venom won't hurt the first team. 

He will be moved on in January and he can go home and stare at his empty trophy cabinet and spout shite on twitter to anyone daft enough to think he is a success. 

Idiot of a man who dragged our name through the mud and played football like a wee lassie.

MW should have stuck to his player profile instead of taking a risk on Barton. He will never change his ways as he is too stupid, selfish and egotistical.

Just now, TEFTONG said:

Aye..So deal wae it ya smart arse..:001:...Just for the record are you Joeys best pal..??..and just what is your own grammatically incorrect opinion on this thread..??

I'm not his pal, no :lol: 

My opinion is he'll be off on a free transfer in January. We obviously didn't have grounds to sack him for whatever it was that actually happened and I very much doubt he'll do anything in the meantime to change that so the best case scenario is another club takes him off our wage bill when the window opens.

My initial thoughts were that we had brought him back into the fold for extra cover after Kranjcar was ruled out for the season but that doesn't look to be the case. It would be the more sensible option than making him train with the kids IMO though. If he's here until January then we might as well make use of the wages we're throwing at him.

My guess is he won't play again,and will get a few reserve games, and moved on in January, the statement just

confirmed what I was told a day after the incident,that the players hate the training methods and Barton told

warburton this after the Halliday row. Why would rangers include that he must adhere to training methods if that

wasnt true? 

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Off the park issues are another angle and that's the reason he's going to be away above all else

Our style of play hasn't exactly been that clear this season (albeit things clicked last Saturday), I'm not defending Barton's displays when he played but I wouldn't say he was horrendously worse than everyone else. Kranjcar was written off after the same length of time yet he started to look like he had something to contribute before this injury, some other players have improved since that period as well

It's not a question that'll keep me awake at night we'll move on like we always do, I just don't think we'll ever know what he might have contributed if his Rangers career had gone beyond five games, that's far too short a time to judge

Sorry mate, don't agree. I'm not just talking about his five games for us - Barton has played the same way all throughout his career. Was always a gamble trying to fit him in and it's one which hasn't paid off.

57 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Just the injuries but really want to see him back ASAP. 

Point is the 3 of them would surely have been starters but the combination of bad luck and the Barton nonsense has been a disaster

Bit ott if you ask me. It's not great but it's not a disaster. Barton will go in Jan, Rossiter will be back and Niko, well that's just bad luck. Businesses make judgement calls all the time, sometimes right and sometimes wrong. The Barton one was a grave misjudgement but we get rid and move on.

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

My guess is he won't play again,and will get a few reserve games, and moved on in January, the statement just

confirmed what I was told a day after the incident,that the players hate the training methods and Barton told

warburton this after the Halliday row. Why would rangers include that he must adhere to training methods if that

wasnt true? 

The statement says he has to adhere to training arrangements not methods. He will be told when to train and who with. You have just skewed the statement to suit what someone told you. You need to rethink that mate. 

Barton was always going to be a signing which could be a success or a disaster.   In our current financial situation we should not have taken the chance as we do not have the money to sort it out quickly.   Said in another thread signing both Barton and Niko was a poor decision.