The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

The worry now is anyone going to be daft enough to take him off our in hands in January especially as he's only played a handful of games this season and will cost about 20k a week in wages.

Can't see many English clubs lining up to take a guy that's failed to cut the mustard in the pishy SPFL.

His only way out looks like a loan deal with Rangers probably footing most of his wages.

A ridiculous expensive mistake by the manager that we can ill aford right now.

4 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

The worry now is anyone going to be daft enough to take him off our in hands in January especially as he's only played a handful of games this season and will cost but 20k a week in wages.

Can't see many English clubs lining up to take a guy that's failed to cut the mustard in the pishy SPFL.

His only way out looks like a loan deal with Rangers probably footing most of his wages.

A ridiculous expensive mistake by the manager that we can ill aford right now.

A struggling championship side perhaps

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

A struggling championship side perhaps

Can't see it to he honest.

A guy with a history of bust-ups and scandal who's not played in months and could face potential action over betting from the SFA and is on big money wages.

I suspect Rangers will have to loan him out and pay at least 60 percent of his wages till at least the summer.

3 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

A guy with a history of bust-ups and scandal who's not played in months and could face potential action over betting from the SFA and is on big money wages.

I suspect Rangers will have to loan him out and pay at least 60 percent of his wages till at least the summer.

There are always teams willing to take that risk when they are struggling

I really don't know what to think about the JB position.

If it was a normal workplace the boss would have made his point and the employee would come back and do his job. This course of action requires the boss to be confident enough and suitably self assured to have the employee back.

The easiest thing the boss can do to the employee is to sack him or in our case banish him. It is far harder to find a way to take the guy ( JB) back and find a way to get the best out of him. 

If MW got JB back into the squad and playing an important role in the team that would prove to me that he is a good man manager . At present it appears that he's just  hiding his head In the sand till the bad man goes away.

I think  a motivated and fit JB could do a good job for us.

MWs ego may be bigger than his talent as a manager.?

I honestly don't know what's best, it's just a shit situation all round..

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

Why the summer, if a struggling championship team wont take him in january to boost their squad, they wont take him in the summer when there will be more options available on the market 

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

There are always teams willing to take that risk when they are struggling

Maybe. But will Barton want to go to those teams? Personally, i think he will not play another game for us, and end up back at Burnley in Jan. 

I'm always inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, but Joey has lots of history and hasn't apparently made any effort to atone for the bust up he was involved in. And if he came back the opposition and media would certainly have a field day winding him up.

So regardless whether he would be an asset to the squad or not I believe he would still be a potential time bomb. 

For that reason alone it is far too risky in my opinion to allow him back in our first team squad under any circumstances. 

37 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Maybe. But will Barton want to go to those teams? Personally, i think he will not play another game for us, and end up back at Burnley in Jan. 

I think he'll want to play, given the option of the situation he is in now or going to play actual football and get game time doesn't seem a difficult decision for him

I agree about Burnley, Dyche is a huge fan

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why the summer, if a struggling championship team wont take him in january to boost their squad, they wont take him in the summer when there will be more options available on the market 

I honestly can't see any club taking this guy on a 2 year contract at £20,000 a week without taking him on loan first.

They know Rangers are desperate to get the guy away so why commit to paying about million pounds a year for a guy that's not kicked a ball in 3 months?

Even when he has played in the SPFL which is crap he's looked at best average other teams will look at the whole situation and do what's best for them.

Why pay a hundred percent of his wages to play the last six months of the season when Rangers will pay most of his wage on a loan deal?

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

I think he'll want to play, given the option of the situation he is in now or going to play actual football and get game time doesn't seem a difficult decision for him

I agree about Burnley, Dyche is a huge fan

I wonder if he will play for the u20s. Not sure if anyone has suggested this, i can't be bothered going through the thread lol

Shite that Joe spent his energy and thought (no laughing at the back) on promoting his failure of a book instead of working for us.

He has no regard for Rangers.  MWs worst signing by a thousand miles.

Thinks he is a world beater after winning 1 cap for England. He is a fuck up who thrives on attention. If he doesnt get the attention from playing he goes to twitter, the radio and failing that he will physicaly attack someone. Again!

MW spun on roullette... all in on black!

Landed on fnyinnnn.?

A snail on valium has a better work ethic and a tad less slimy.

4 hours ago, insider said:

I really don't know what to think about the JB position.

If it was a normal workplace the boss would have made his point and the employee would come back and do his job. This course of action requires the boss to be confident enough and suitably self assured to have the employee back.

The easiest thing the boss can do to the employee is to sack him or in our case banish him. It is far harder to find a way to take the guy ( JB) back and find a way to get the best out of him. 

If MW got JB back into the squad and playing an important role in the team that would prove to me that he is a good man manager . At present it appears that he's just  hiding his head In the sand till the bad man goes away.

I think  a motivated and fit JB could do a good job for us.

MWs ego may be bigger than his talent as a manager.?

I honestly don't know what's best, it's just a shit situation all round..

I can't believe you've suggested that it's Warburg on with the ego issue!

ffs mate catch a grip.

18 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol: 

Pure raj.

16 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

What did he get away with?

Gets away with being a very very average footballer and putting in some piss poor performances, but walks off the park pounding his chest and a fost pump to the union bears and its alright. Was non existent the second half of the season last year then had a run of a few decent games after the barton saga then a few games of pure shite again then one decent game against killie. Not good enough a player to merit a start for A club like rangers every week