The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I don't have any issues with Halliday I just call it how I see it. Barton was absolutely hounded for his performance in the 5-1 game and Halliday put in a similar performance in the last game against them and seems to have emerged with pass marks for it.

I don't think he gets singled out at all I actually think he gets a lot more leeway than most of our players.

Well as I say its all about opinions I and plenty round about me thought that Halliday played well in the recent game against the scum and a few others played well, but as I say its about Barton and everyone has their own opinions.

5 minutes ago, blueredandwhite said:

kr_joey_barton_tra_3004707a.jpg

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Is Barton in that picture? I can't see him.

Think he's the one on the left with the green :anguish: Nike boots.

Can't believe someone climbed a tree to take that photo :lol: 

50 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Well as I say its all about opinions I and plenty round about me thought that Halliday played well in the recent game against the scum and a few others played well, but as I say its about Barton and everyone has their own opinions.

Seriously?

I would really love to know what actually happened for Warburton to treat a player like this.

I just feel like it's been handled terribly by Warburton but if it was really that bad then fair play as it at least sets an example of it doesn't matter who you are, if you step out of line you're done. However it also sets out a statement to say one strike and you're out which is pretty poor.

2 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Other than the semi final last season what has he actually done in the big games?

There's a handful of players that have performed well in the big games for us and he isn't one of them.

Correct, but ffs don't let the truth get in the way of a good Halliday story. Messi must be quaking in his boots.

4 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Gets away with being a very very average footballer and putting in some piss poor performances, but walks off the park pounding his chest and a fost pump to the union bears and its alright. Was non existent the second half of the season last year then had a run of a few decent games after the barton saga then a few games of pure shite again then one decent game against killie. Not good enough a player to merit a start for A club like rangers every week

I'm sensing you aren't a big fan of his.

32 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Don't know why a loan deal is being touted. Why not a free transfer? Put him out there and he can sort out his own life, which he will if he's not going to play for us anymore. 

Think the loan deal being touted is just wishful thinking tbh, we put him out on loan and he performs well enough that the club will be willing to pay to keep him.

Seems more realistic that he'll leave on a free transfer in January and we'll just be happy to get him off the wage bill. Given how obvious it is that we want rid of him then I don't see any club offering us a fee anyway.

1 hour ago, GaryMc said:

I would really love to know what actually happened for Warburton to treat a player like this.

I just feel like it's been handled terribly by Warburton but if it was really that bad then fair play as it at least sets an example of it doesn't matter who you are, if you step out of line you're done. However it also sets out a statement to say one strike and you're out which is pretty poor.

I agree.  It surely has to be absolutely shocking what he did as the club have went right to town.  It has without doubt ended his career with us and we are in effect humiliating him.   I am not saying it's wrong as I don't know...would really like to know though.

13 minutes ago, markem said:

I agree.  It surely has to be absolutely shocking what he did as the club have went right to town.  It has without doubt ended his career with us and we are in effect humiliating him.   I am not saying it's wrong as I don't know...would really like to know though.

I agree mate, it's obviously not the betting as this never happened to Black

Maybe the meetings they have had Barton has refused to back down but again all speculation and I guess we will hear it in years to come

5 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Some people just make shit up in this thread to try and look like they're clued up, honestly.

How can anyone predict that a club will take him on loan but only be willing to pay 40% of his wages without actually knowing what his wage is? Baffling.

There will be someone willing to take him in January and I'd be surprised if we have to make any contribution to his wage. Despite him being an arsehole the fact is that on his day he's a very good player, not quite as good as he thinks, but a good player nonetheless and one who has a good track record of helping teams secure promotion from the Championship down south. 

I don't think Warburton's inability to handle him will put a more experienced manager off taking a gamble on him.

Precisely. :lol:

Over 4 months, his wages had miraculously doubled from £10k to £20k a week, all from people in the know. :wink:

Don't even get me started on the folk saying Burnley would take him back. Ah, RangersMedia, never change. Deary me.

4 hours ago, BF2 said:

Think he's the one on the left with the green :anguish: Nike boots.

Can't believe someone climbed a tree to take that photo :lol: 

If they did it wasn't such a high tree, the photo looks much the same elevation as the players.

Maybe they climbed a stool.

1 minute ago, bluenose_n1 said:

TBH I think we should be looking to play him if he's fit

if he can offer something and wants to play then I would play him

but only if he's fit no place for the tellytubby that we had at the start of the season

I think the teams better without him, I thought he would of been a good sub to come on and shore up the defence in tight games and use his experience to see us through so if he could of done that then I would have him back but he hasn't proven himself in any way shape or form 

3 hours ago, GaryMc said:

So if it was "really that bad" then it has not been handled terribly - is that what you are saying?  Just wondering why you think it has been handled terribly, when in fact we have no idea how bad Bartons actions were?

3 hours ago, GaryMc said:

How do you know it was his first strike? 

10 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I think the teams better without him, I thought he would of been a good sub to come on and shore up the defence in tight games and use his experience to see us through so if he could of done that then I would have him back but he hasn't proven himself in any way shape or form 

Agree the teams better without the unfit overweight joey Barton we have seen so far

but we all seen the difference in niko over the months as he was getting fitter sharper and that leads to confidence

nit saying he should walk straight in but I do still think if he puts the work in he could be a good player for us