The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

1 minute ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Agree the teams better without the unfit overweight joey Barton we have seen so far

but we all seen the difference in niko over the months as he was getting fitter sharper and that leads to confidence

nit saying he should walk straight in but I do still think if he puts the work in he could be a good player for us

I think it would take a lot of work but i agree we could be a good player for us. 

Bridges are well and truley burnt in this case though

2 hours ago, markem said:

I agree.  It surely has to be absolutely shocking what he did as the club have went right to town.  It has without doubt ended his career with us and we are in effect humiliating him.   I am not saying it's wrong as I don't know...would really like to know though.

Surely we all know - he was being his stupit arrogant, horrible self. No respect for his employer, employees or their manager.

3 hours ago, GaryMc said:

I would really love to know what actually happened for Warburton to treat a player like this.

I just feel like it's been handled terribly by Warburton but if it was really that bad then fair play as it at least sets an example of it doesn't matter who you are, if you step out of line you're done. However it also sets out a statement to say one strike and you're out which is pretty poor.

Whatever he did it must have been pretty bad. We are talking about a man renown for physicaly attacking his team mates/a man on a night out/ a 15 year old boy. 

He has shown no remorse and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. His situation is of his own making. People can blame the board, MW or Halliday, but at the end of the day Barton is an agressive little thug incapable of controlling his temper.

3 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Its all about opinions but for some it wont matter what Halliday does he wont be good enough.My point is there have been plenty who have been worse this season than Halliday but Halliday is the one who is singled out. Why not Wallace who has been until the last game poor all season and was  turned inside out in the 5-1 game by that shit Forest or Mc Kay who wasn't at the races again or Windass who after the recent semi admitted himself that he had been poor.there haven't been many if any who have been any better than Halliday but for some its just down to him.Anyway don't want to go down this path about Halliday the thread is about Barton and it is all about opinions.

Bullshit, McKay and Kiernan are the two players singled out more often than not for being shit this season. Halliday being one of us gives him benefits as well as pitfalls and you'll just have to accept that. It's not as if him being one of us makes his life a misery, when he plays well he gets more adulation than most and frankly even his stare at Broon when we were comparing Barton's response to Broon got its own thread. 

Sorry but I think you're blinkered.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Bullshit, McKay and Kiernan are the two players singled out more often than not for being shit this season. Halliday being one of us gives him benefits as well as pitfalls and you'll just have to accept that. It's not as if him being one of us makes his life a misery, when he plays well he gets more adulation than most and frankly even his stare at Broon when we were comparing Barton's response to Broon got its own thread. 

Sorry but I think you're blinkered.

As I say its all about opinions you and others are entitled to yours and I and others are entitled to ours,thats what its all about after all.

1 hour ago, markem said:

I agree.  It surely has to be absolutely shocking what he did as the club have went right to town.  It has without doubt ended his career with us and we are in effect humiliating him.   I am not saying it's wrong as I don't know...would really like to know though.

I disagree, if it was they would have simply sacked him. 

It couldn't have been "absolutely shocking", couldn't have been even been that bad...

We all agree Barton is a problem, he always has been, that's what the club bought into. I think the club have handled this one shockingly in my opinion.

“Joey is difficult to understand. I got changed next to him for four years and was there every time things went wrong for him. He has a personality deficiency where a switch goes and he just goes off track and has no remorse of empathy for his actions.

“In his own head, he probably feels like he hasn’t done anything wrong and doesn’t have anything to apologise for. So he refuses to do so. He just doesn’t have that in his character.

18 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I disagree, if it was they would have simply sacked him. 

It couldn't have been "absolutely shocking", couldn't have been even been that bad...

We all agree Barton is a problem, he always has been, that's what the club bought into. I think the club have handled this one shockingly in my opinion.

A fair point point made in what was so bad to hand out this treatment yet not bad enough to dismiss.

It's a strange situation. 

7 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Honestly i think the club and possibly warburton have handled this horrifically. You sign joey barton, you know at some point there will he fireworks. The club should have had him on a gruelling training regime while the rest were in america, which would have had him up to scratch for start of season. If all thats happened regardin the bust up is him pointing out how poor we have been and how tactically naive and stubborn warbuton is with his system that doesnt work and loyalty to players who haven't earned it on the park then he hasn't said anything that the rest of us are saying as well. I think the club now humiliating the guy buy having in the lurch for 6 or 7 weeks then bringing him back and making him train with the 20s and making him park his car in the 20s car park etc is embarrassing. And as far as offloading him in january, realistically there will he a host of championship clubs looking at signing him after his performances last year, burnley will likely try take him back too and he could go on to play in the premiership for the rest of the season. Will be interesting when he does go when he speaks about it as he undoubtably will

Couldn't give a toss if he speaks ill of us or not, tbh; he's made his bed and has to lie in it. As far as "humiliating" him by making him train with the 20s and park his car there, maybe that's just what he needs - he's got to know his normal shite antics won't fly here and if it takes a dose of humble pie to get that message to sink in, so be it. Rangers > Joey Barton. Always has been, always will be.

58 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I think it would take a lot of work but i agree we could be a good player for us. 

Bridges are well and truley burnt in this case though

agree mate he is a fucking idiot of a man but in our current predicament I think if he comes back into the team depends on how young rossiter does when he comes back from injury

but in all honesty I think rossiter is going to cement that position as his own

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

“Joey is difficult to understand. I got changed next to him for four years and was there every time things went wrong for him. He has a personality deficiency where a switch goes and he just goes off track and has no remorse of empathy for his actions.

“In his own head, he probably feels like he hasn’t done anything wrong and doesn’t have anything to apologise for. So he refuses to do so. He just doesn’t have that in his character.

Are you Danny Mills CN ?

57 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Couldn't give a toss if he speaks ill of us or not, tbh; he's made his bed and has to lie in it. As far as "humiliating" him by making him train with the 20s and park his car there, maybe that's just what he needs - he's got to know his normal shite antics won't fly here and if it takes a dose of humble pie to get that message to sink in, so be it. Rangers > Joey Barton. Always has been, always will be.

And yet our management team thought he would be fine and decided to pay him a lot of money on a 2 year deal. :p20:

2 hours ago, Hoodster said:

So if it was "really that bad" then it has not been handled terribly - is that what you are saying?  Just wondering why you think it has been handled terribly, when in fact we have no idea how bad Bartons actions were?

I am saying if it was that bad then fair enough Warburton has did the correct thing from not allowing him back in but if it was just a spat then it seems an over reaction. Again though as I said in my first post I I'd love to know what happened as I have no clue but was just giving my thoughts.

Were it has been handled badly is that it has dragged on for 8 weeks because quite frankly Warburton hasn't had the balls to come out and say he will never play for him again and put it to bed instead getting embarrassed at media events by out PR man and refusing to answer questions. He hid behind the 'club are dealing with it's'. The issue happened on the training field and should have ended on the training field therefore it has been handled terribly. It has become a media circus. There is no way to deny that and it would amaze me if anyone actually thought this was handled correctly.

Go back to how Walter Smith handled Ferguson, a treble winning captain, and McGregor after they stepped out of line. It was done in no time. And even then Smith was still man enough and experienced enough to later review the situation, see what they could offer for the benefit of the team and allow both back in. Albeit Ferguson left anyway.

However Barton is guilty party and I don't want him back to be honest but it's been obvious that it's been handled terribly regardless of it being the correct decision or not to banish him.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Whatever he did it must have been pretty bad. We are talking about a man renown for physicaly attacking his team mates/a man on a night out/ a 15 year old boy. 

He has shown no remorse and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. His situation is of his own making. People can blame the board, MW or Halliday, but at the end of the day Barton is an agressive little thug incapable of controlling his temper.

I totally agree.

Barton is to blame and he's done with us. I'm purely commenting on how it was handled and the fact I'd love to know what actually hapened as we're all just guessing and giving opinions based on no information.

At best I'd hope Warburton and the board learn from this and never allow it to be handled this way again if any other player does the same. 

6 hours ago, GaryMc said:

I would really love to know what actually happened for Warburton to treat a player like this.

I just feel like it's been handled terribly by Warburton but if it was really that bad then fair play as it at least sets an example of it doesn't matter who you are, if you step out of line you're done. However it also sets out a statement to say one strike and you're out which is pretty poor.

I'm one of the biggest critics of MW as I think he's failed us a good few times with his tactics and formations but the fact we don't know what went on and JB is training with the development squad tells me that no man is bigger than the club regardless of wages / reputation but I think MW has got this right.

There's also the HR process which MW or the board or even DK can't really influence.

Great way to end his career. Doing fuck all, rotting in the reserves. He's probably still picking up a decent wage which is a bastard. But his Swan song is over, he could have ended his pretty average career on a massive high, playimg his part in something special, instead he's training with kids and if he's lucky get a move to the English Championship in Jan, on half the wages he's on here and playing in front of 12k at PNE or somewhere.

Fuck off Joseph.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm one of the biggest critics of MW as I think he's failed us a good few times with his tactics and formations but the fact we don't know what went on and JB is training with the development squad tells me that no man is bigger than the club regardless of wages / reputation but I think MW has got this right.

There's also the HR process which MW or the board or even DK can't really influence.

I totally agree with the fact if Barton has indeed done something so bad then he shouldn't play again.

It's the lack of clarity and the fact that its dragged on when it could have been out to bed straight is where I have he issue.

The issue is now that he can't return as he has well and truly burnt his bridges, demonstrated a complete lack of respect for his team mates, the manager and coaching staff, us the fans and also our great club.

He can rot away playing for the youth ... His circus is not finished and I would not surprised one bit if he attempts another publicity stunt very soon. 

34 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I totally agree with the fact if Barton has indeed done something so bad then he shouldn't play again.

It's the lack of clarity and the fact that its dragged on when it could have been out to bed straight is where I have he issue.

We don't know what he's done or why it's taken so long but the confidentiality part has to be respected by all involved. It's all guesswork from us.

The players union have also been pretty much silent on it which to me means lawyers are involved and their advice isn't required.

6 hours ago, GaryMc said:

I am saying if it was that bad then fair enough Warburton has did the correct thing from not allowing him back in but if it was just a spat then it seems an over reaction. Again though as I said in my first post I I'd love to know what happened as I have no clue but was just giving my thoughts.

Were it has been handled badly is that it has dragged on for 8 weeks because quite frankly Warburton hasn't had the balls to come out and say he will never play for him again and put it to bed instead getting embarrassed at media events by out PR man and refusing to answer questions. He hid behind the 'club are dealing with it's'. The issue happened on the training field and should have ended on the training field therefore it has been handled terribly. It has become a media circus. There is no way to deny that and it would amaze me if anyone actually thought this was handled correctly.

Go back to how Walter Smith handled Ferguson, a treble winning captain, and McGregor after they stepped out of line. It was done in no time. And even then Smith was still man enough and experienced enough to later review the situation, see what they could offer for the benefit of the team and allow both back in. Albeit Ferguson left anyway.

However Barton is guilty party and I don't want him back to be honest but it's been obvious that it's been handled terribly regardless of it being the correct decision or not to banish him.

If MW told the media that he would never play Barton again Joe would have  good grounds for constructive dismissal. The whole saga is a legal minefield.