The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

17 hours ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Agree the teams better without the unfit overweight joey Barton we have seen so far

but we all seen the difference in niko over the months as he was getting fitter sharper and that leads to confidence

nit saying he should walk straight in but I do still think if he puts the work in he could be a good player for us

Joey won't be overweight 

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

BMI is irrelevant. Every rugby player/sprinter alive would be classed as overweight going by BMI. It's irrelevant and widely considered bad science. 

But he's not a rugby player or a sprinter 

may work for them but not a footballer 

13 stone of fat looks different from 13 stone of muscle 

ronaldo = 80kg

akinfenwa = 102 kg

both footballers 

56 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

But he's not a rugby player or a sprinter 

may work for them but not a footballer 

13 stone of fat looks different from 13 stone of muscle 

ronaldo = 80kg

akinfenwa = 102 kg

both footballers 

Let me re-phrase then. BMI is irrelevant for everyone, anywhere regardless of sport.

i think you're confused because I'm agreeing fat and muscle are not the same! BMI measurement doesn't take this into account. It merely measure weight against height. 

BMI doesn't calculate body composition. 

Body fat percentage is a far more effective and relevant measurement. 

Footballers should be around 8 to 12 percent (with 12 certainly being the very highest end of the scale). No need for players to be extreme and go to 5 or 6 percent as this will effect physical performance and durability. Upwards of 12 and you're basically carrying excess luggage that's doing nothing for you. 

Even within these parameters too much bulk in shoulders/biceps, chest and back for example is dangerous in players as it can affect mobility, speed and endurance and doesn't have any real carry over performance wise. 

In relation to Barton, he doesn't look like he carries a lot of fat to me. Looks pretty lean regardless of playing/not playing.  

39 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

listen the first game of the season against Hamilton he looked overweight to me

hope he comes back a fitter player and also with a point to prove so it can only benefit Rangers

Our Harry looked overweight last year when he started and then came onto a really good game until he was taken out.

2 hours ago, Amato said:

How is this discussion still rumbling on? Barton is never playing for us again, let's move on!

I am sure you are right about him not playing for us again, but as long as he is our player people will want to post about him. Slim or Fat :) BMI right or wrong :) he is still our player. 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

You leaked a bit when we signed him didn't you?:lol:

Premature ejaculation is a bastard.

I was excited about the signing, anyone that didn't think he would be a standout performer in this league is full of shite :lol: 

And there's no such thing as premature ejactulation. I prefer to call it "not giving a fuck about her needs"

6 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I was excited about the signing, anyone that didn't think he would be a standout performer in this league is full of shite :lol: 

And there's no such thing as premature ejactulation. I prefer to call it "not giving a fuck about her needs"

Fair enough, i will give you that, i admit i was looking forward to seeing him in the side.

But it's gone now, over, and it was a disaster.

He was a wee unfit fat bastard who ran his mouth like a superstar then made a cunt of himself where it matters.

I always look after any womans needs, i always bring them a bar of chocolate to make up for my sexual efforts.

Woman love chocolate.

Not as much as joey loves himself though.

41 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fair enough, i will give you that, i admit i was looking forward to seeing him in the side.

But it's gone now, over, and it was a disaster.

He was a wee unfit fat bastard who ran his mouth like a superstar then made a cunt of himself where it matters.

I always look after any womans needs, i always bring them a bar of chocolate to make up for my sexual efforts.

Woman love chocolate.

Not as much as joey loves himself though.

Romantic bastard. 

Best they get off me is a bit of bog roll while they wait on a taxi.