The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

2 hours ago, Vwbear said:

Just over a year ago majority of our supporters abondand the "club" so don't give me that shite 

i support the team not the club from the legless cunt Murray all the way through now to the cowards on our board i dont give a fuck about!

as a person myself who has an opinion in work which has got myself into bother then I would not stick it into barton without knowing the true story! 

Not sure the relevance your first point has. 

Good for you. 

Have you heard the talk sport interview? That's gross misconduct. 

Cunts asking how much he's on and then complaining when all they get given is the fee reported in the media.

What else do you expect for fuck sake? I don't think Dave King is going to log in and tell us how much of his kids' inheritance he's gave Joey.

This place is littered with mongos.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not sure the relevance your first point has. 

Good for you. 

Have you heard the talk sport interview? That's gross misconduct. 

If it was gross misconduct then he would have been sacked without a pay off. He wasn't. 

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

If it was gross misconduct then he would have been sacked without a pay off. He wasn't. 

Not always, but I take your point. Probably the wrong choice of wording. 

Either way, he was suspended by the club and decided the appropriate action was to talk publicly about his version of events. Undermine the manager, the club and the fans. 

I'm lost as to why people are defending him. 

6 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Let him stay off on the sick. Eventually he will only get statutory sick pay by law then nothing. Then we let the contract be frustrated.

That's not true though.

I know of a guy that was on the sick for well over a year and still got full pay.

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not always, but I take your point. Probably the wrong choice of wording. 

Either way, he was suspended by the club and decided the appropriate action was to talk publicly about his version of events. Undermine the manager, the club and the fans. 

I'm lost as to why people are defending him. 

As much as I don't agree with him doing the radio interview etc. he never done anything wrong. The club obviously never told him to stay silent at that point because as soon as they did tell him he wasn't allowed to speak about the suspension he went quiet.

The whole situation has been an embarrassment and I'm glad it's over but I would love to know the full story of what really happened. We'll never get it though. 

11 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Let him stay off on the sick. Eventually he will only get statutory sick pay by law then nothing. Then we let the contract be frustrated.

depending on the terms of his contract that almost certainly wont be the case. Especially with a footballer

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He took a wage cut to be here and Burnleys cap was 15k. Why do people insist on banging on about 20-35k a week ffs. 

mate that was 7 years ago. Burnleys wage bill for the 14-15 season was £29 million (taken from official club accounts) and is reported to be around £33 Million this season. There is no way there wage cap of £15K a week is in force.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

Not saying he would accept less but if he wants the full amount then let him complete his contract and pay him weekly . If he does not want to play for 18 months or so fine 

Accept he knows fine well Rangers won't do that as it would cost us 1.5 million for him to do nothing. He'll probably get paid till the end of May to get him off the books in January. He holds all the aces

Hopefully he arrives tomorrow morning and knuckles down to training before the meeting where they formalise the terms of his exit. If he gets the finger out he could still redeem himself, earn a stay of execution and end up being a key player for us

:sherlock:

It's our old friend the courageous reporter so it must be true !:)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-rangers-mutually-agree-9221743

y Barton and Rangers 'mutually agree to terminate £20,000-a-week contract'

18:43, 8 NOV 2016

UPDATED 19:01, 8 NOV 2016

BY KEITH JACKSON

It is believed Rangers are willing to pay out up to eight weeks worth of wages

206SHARES

2COMMENTS

Steve Welsh

Joey Barton's time at Ibrox appears to be coming to an end

Joey Barton and Rangers have mutually agreed to terminate the midfielder's contract, according to reports.

Barton was apparently signed off from Rangers training with stress while a permanent exit from the club was negotiated.

Sky Sports now claim a decision has been made.

And Barton is said to be in line for a significant payout after a falling out at Ibrox, reports The Daily Record's Keith Jackson.

It's believed his £20,000-a-week contract will be terminated with Rangers said to be willing to pay Barton up to eight weeks' worth of wages - more than £150,000.

Daily Record

Midfielder Barton has been signed off from Rangers training with stress

The fresh twist in the Barton saga comes after the 34-year-old returned to the club’s Auchenhowie HQ last week following a two month suspension for a foul mouthed bust-up with manager Mark Warburton, days after Rangers were thrashed by Celtic on September 10.

Barton was ordered to train with the kids last Thursday and was even denied entry to the first team car park.

He has not been seen back at the training ground since and has now provided the club with a doctor’s sick-note - a move which has helped bring the lingering feud to a head.

Barton is now expected to leave with a pay off before returning to English football in the New Year.

Burnley and Aston Villa are believed to be among the clubs offering him an escape route from his Rangers nightmare.