The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

6 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Typical fuckin tarrier.things get tough ,jump on the sick.get this bastard to an independent doctor and if he's at it sack the cunt.

well it wasn't like he was ever going to be welcomed back, doesn't matter how much arses he kisses at the club, his rangers career was killed stone dead on after the old firm game, whats he meant to do? he signed on for two years its not his fault the manager sent him home and the club kept suspending him.

hope it all gets leaked soon because i want to know what the fuck is going on at the club

Off with stress? I thought he was a hard man?

£250K seems low, but probably pays him until the Jan window and he ends up at Burnley or a Championship club. But how does he convince them he won't play the fool with them too?

7 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Off with stress? I thought he was a hard man?

£250K seems low, but probably pays him until the Jan window and he ends up at Burnley or a Championship club. But how does he convince them he won't play the fool with them too?

Because he probably wont get treated like a naughty school boy 

Just now, danger ranger said:

Headmaster Warburton made it quite clear in interviews, don't come here unless you do what you are told to do. The big question is, who is the Headmaster Warburton or King?.

Scary thing is we can laugh about this but I honestly don't think either have a clue about running a football team! And are probably more suited to sending kids home and keeping them away because there terrifird of confrontation or anyone to have an opinion 

54 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Total disaster from day 1...like many others I could not stand the guy but was willing to give him a chance. He came up here all bullish saying he was this and that but ultimately was shown up by teams such as Hamilton and Kilmarnock not to mention that prick Brown getting the better of him(can't get worse than that surely). 

Someone at the club should pay for this mess but who?

Pretty much me...you...and  anyone  else who holds a season ticket or buys merchandise etc that's who.

The whole signing from his attitude to the way we have handled this has f##king stunk.

Feels like Chuck Greens back in control an absolute shambles and a piss take that's been allowed...My club is starting to worry me again ?

The publicity this has received is really worrying in the run up to a transfer window that we NEED to make count. The pool of players from down south and beyond has probably diminished severely due to the outcry and attention this story got. If Barton opens his mouth I would expect that pool to shrink even further.

20 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

He'll just swear that his wee book launch stunt is over and he's not planning on writing another one for the foreseeable future.

14 minutes ago, High Tower said:

The publicity this has received is really worrying in the run up to a transfer window that we NEED to make count. The pool of players from down south and beyond has probably diminished severely due to the outcry and attention this story got. If Barton opens his mouth I would expect that pool to shrink even further.

Quite the opposite I'd say.  Dealing with a dickhead and getting him off the books would show potentially ambitious footballers that Rangers are serious about the game and is a place where professionalism is paramount. What better environment to enhance your game and reputation. 

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Quite the opposite I'd say.  Dealing with a dickhead and getting him off the books would show potentially ambitious footballers that Rangers are serious about the game and is a place where professionalism is paramount. What better environment to enhance your game and reputation. 

But we've only done that months down the line after he's been suspended then brought back then he went on the sick.

We've done the right thing in the end - but it's what we should have done right away.

We look like fools. Nothing professional about the way we've dealt with this.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I get what you mean and its a decent point and probably true for the younger players. Although, I would say we need instant impact players to be signed in January, not players that we are going to be waiting on growing into them self. What i'm hinting at is that if you get a player in their 'prime' would the Barton saga put them off?

Maybe my heads up my arse and i'm dreaming, but still.

6 minutes ago, High Tower said:

I get what you mean and its a decent point and probably true for the younger players. Although, I would say we need instant impact players to be signed in January, not players that we are going to be waiting on growing into them self. What i'm hinting at is that if you get a player in their 'prime' would the Barton saga put them off?

Maybe my heads up my arse and i'm dreaming, but still.

Players like that cost money so doubt we will see them 

I predict now the team on the last day of the season will be the exact same as Sunday with miller out top scorer with 10 goals 

Just now, Essandoh said:

As hard as it is to believe the guy did/does have talent but so do many, many ordinary working men on the street who didn't have the mentality to match.

Barton was incredibly fortunate to have got in to football at the time he did.

He thinks he is a showman. A cultured player... or "intellegent" as he calls himself.

Hid that fucking well! Shitebag of a bhoy.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He thinks he is a showman. A cultured player... or "intellegent" as he calls himself.

Hid that fucking well! Shitebag of a bhoy.

Listened to a few Morrisey albums and read a few pages of Nietzsche. Immature, self-centred, ego-driven failure that will never reach the potential his talent alone deserves.