The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

disagree.

he'll sign for the scum in January and they'll sell him in the Summer for 1.5 million probably.

surely we should pay him til January and sell him ourselves? 150,000 in wages till then for 1 / 1.5 million makes sense to me

Who is going to pay 1/1.5 million for a player they know we are desperate to get rid of?

57 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

disagree.

he'll sign for the scum in January and they'll sell him in the Summer for 1.5 million probably.

surely we should pay him til January and sell him ourselves? 150,000 in wages till then for 1 / 1.5 million makes sense to me

Absolutely no chance of anyone paying 1-1.5 million for him.

Not a chance he's going to the taigs either.

IMO he was always going to be allowed to leave on a free in January anyway. All we've done by agreeing this "severance package" with him is make sure of that.

For the amount of money he's accepting to leave the club I'm willing to bet that the whole thing has been his or his agent's idea. Especially if the reports of the way he was treated when he showed up to train with the kids are actually true.

5 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

Well you must be watching a different game to me then, I think exactly the opposite , the reason why I singled out Halliday is that the whole team has been rank rotten this season, but if you go to ibrox you will know, that his name gets the biggest cheer when reading out the team list, when he's been just as rank rotten as the rest of them. But week in week out we get all sorts on here including you saying he's one of our stand out players? Sorry mate I just don't see it.

And for Halliday getting extra stick for being one of us? At the other end of the scale would you agree that Barton and o halloran get extra stick for being tarriers?

I didn't say he was stand out but I do think he's been better than some. I agree the whole team are not performing. 

A lot of people didn't want Barton because of his reputation but if I recall correctly at the Burnley game he was given one of the loudest cheers when his name was read out. I really don't think his religion has anything to do with how people feel about him.

As a Rangers fan I don't give a rats arse what religion someone is as long as they perform on the pitch. Joey Barton did not and also, IMO, didn't want to be here. That's why people were hard on him.

O'Halloran is inconsistent but if he manages to get some form and actually looks as though he's happy wearing the royal blue then I'm sure he will get less stick on here.

16 hours ago, K.A.I said:

But we've only done that months down the line after he's been suspended then brought back then he went on the sick.

We've done the right thing in the end - but it's what we should have done right away.

We look like fools. Nothing professional about the way we've dealt with this.

I'd assume (because that's all anyone can do) that we've gone through due process with respect to disciplinary and contractual procedures and also tried to find a way to mediate and resolve, i.e. done the right things.  The "right things" have included removing him from the workplace (where he may have continued to be disruptive) until the process has been exhausted.  Once it's become apparent that there can be no reconciliation then that's the time you come to an agreement.  I'm not sure it could have been done any quicker unless Barton decided to rip up his contract and walk away or we made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

disagree.

He won't let us sell him in January nor will he accept payment up till January, he holds all the aces -and has seriously out foxed the board. If he leaves in January it will be on a free and with a large golden handshake with a confidentiality clause. 

Really had big hopes that he would make us tick but has turned out to be a disaster.

Alarm bells began when he would rather be in France for the Euros and be on talkSport than have a pre season. At his age it was imperative that he got a good pre season under his belt and hit the ground running, but no.

To be honest, i got the feeling he regretted coming here just days after he signed. And then bowing his head to Scott fucking Brown!

Would only have been true Rangers quality when he was in his prime.

11 hours ago, King Jela said:

How anyone can actually try and defend him against the club is beyond me. Honestly, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing him gone I'm looking forward to the breakdown from the few on here that have went against Rangers and supported a Rangers hating taig even more :) 

If Barton is a Rangers hater, why did he leave Burnley to sign for Rangers?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  It's a genuine question so if you could help me understand I'd appreciate it.

We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.  However, given the collapse of our season I wouldn't be surprised to learn the argument was between Barton and Warburton.  Just because Warburton is the manager of Rangers doesn't mean everything he does is right and questioning his actions should not be confused with 'going against the club'.  The reality is that both of these people may no longer be at the club come January. 

Lastly, I'm not sure what sort of breakdown you're expecting but it certainly wont come from me.  The sooner the manager and underperforming players are replaced the sooner we can get the club back to where it belongs at the top of the table. 

10 hours ago, 5*RFC said:

Really had big hopes that he would make us tick but has turned out to be a disaster.

Alarm bells began when he would rather be in France for the Euros and be on talkSport than have a pre season. At his age it was imperative that he got a good pre season under his belt and hit the ground running, but no.

To be honest, i got the feeling he regretted coming here just days after he signed. And then bowing his head to Scott fucking Brown!

Would only have been true Rangers quality when he was in his prime.

He was contractually obligated to be at the Euros as he was working as a pundit.  We knew this before he was signed.  If this is an issue for you then you should direct your criticisms towards the manager who knew Joey had a busy summer, would miss most of preseason, but signed him anyway. 

Also, this 'bow his head' stuff is a load of shite.  You're talking about one still image that has been passed around the internet.  I'm sure if all the images from that day were to be dredged through one of Brown looking down at his boots could be found.  People find these pictures and try to attach meaning to them when if fact they're completely meaningless.  Other than a dropped ball, Brown and Barton didn't come in to contact with each other that day.

The club are at wrong in this one, everyone knew what he was like and he was expected to act like an angel. When that didn't happen and Joey was Joey the club couldn't handle it. That's unforgivable. Everyone knew what was coming. Again we are the ones to suffer because of this bad decision making.

Barton is a very good player even if most of you want to make him into complete shite because he's no longer part of our plans, and he came wanting to play for us and be part of our journey. Fact is he's been a dick and the club were too moronic to deal with that properly, instead they took the complete piss out of him. 

Joey is no angel, neither are the club bosses.

Anyone defending him against the club needs their brain checked.

Also, anyone criticising the club's handling of it needs that organ checked as well. Given that we don't want to pay off his huge contract in full, we were outside of a transfer window and gave ourselves time to investigate all avenues legally before coming to a decision.

We've done as much as possible, hopefully the horrible little bastard doesn't darken our doors again.

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The club are at wrong in this one, everyone knew what he was like and he was expected to act like an angel. When that didn't happen and Joey was Joey the club couldn't handle it. That's unforgivable. Everyone knew what was coming. Again we are the ones to suffer because of this bad decision making.

Barton is a very good player even if most of you want to make him into complete shite because he's no longer part of our plans, and he came wanting to play for us and be part of our journey. Fact is he's been a dick and the club were too moronic to deal with that properly, instead they took the complete piss out of him. 

Joey is no angel, neither are the club bosses.

So because he has previous of being a dickhead, we should just accept it? 

11 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

Also, anyone criticising the club's handling of it needs that organ checked as well. Given that we don't want to pay off his huge contract in full, we were outside of a transfer window and gave ourselves time to investigate all avenues legally before coming to a decision.

We've done as much as possible, hopefully the horrible little bastard doesn't darken our doors again.

You think the club handled this well?

41 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

Anyone that thinks the club handled it well needs their head checked.

Shambles from start to finish.