The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I would think the club would put some sort of gagging order as a term of his termination.

Im certain that will be the case. Barton thrives off controversy though, he will be itching to spill some beans. He cant help it!

5 hours ago, Vwbear said:

The club have been a complete embarrassment sending someone up the road then keep treating him like a child 

IMO we treated him like a child because he was acting like one. He could have pulled his socks up, repaired any issues with staff and players and worked hard to achieve something with a huge club but he didn't. He was treated exactly the way he deserved. We have lost out over the whole affair but I can't wait to move on and not have to talk, listen or read about Joey Barton again.

14 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We shouldn't have signed him or accepted we may have a hard time with him if we did. It's not rocket science. 

He'd not exactly been involved in much controversy recently. 

It sounds to me that you're itching to criticise the club. As far as I'm concerned, we're the first club to give Barton the slap around that he deserves.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Anyone that thinks the club handled it well needs their head checked.

Shambles from start to finish.

I'm still waiting for an alternative way of handling this that wouldn't cost the club a fortune.

The floor is yours....

8 minutes ago, Cobham said:

IMO we treated him like a child because he was acting like one. He could have pulled his socks up, repaired and issues with staff and players and worked hard to achieve something with a huge club but he didn't. He was treated exactly the way he deserved. We have lost out over the whole affair but I can't wait to move on and not have to talk, listen or read about Joey Barton again.

How do you know he didn't try to do that?

7 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

I'm still waiting for an alternative way of handling this that wouldn't cost the club a fortune.

The floor is yours....

Never said it was a shambles because of the money we're paying. I said it's a shambles the way it was handled.

Suspending him and then extending it 3/4 times. Bringing him back to train with the kids and then pretty much humiliating him to the point he refuses to turn up before reaching an agreement to cancel his contract.

It's been obvious from the very early days of his suspension that he was never going to play for us again so the club should have been working day and night to get it sorted and get rid of him, especially if he's such a bad influence that he can't even be trusted to park his car next to the big boys.

We clearly let it fester in the hope that he would do something that would allow us to sack him without a payment rather than just accept it was a mistake and sort it out as early as possible.

49 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

No chance.

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I would think the club would put some sort of gagging order as a term of his termination.

True.  Probably still won't stop him though.  He'll post some cryptic pish using Japanese cartoons and Smiths lyrics or something.

14 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

The floor is yours....

Dont buy him after Warburtons i look for a player with the right attitude and personality for the Squad.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Never said it was a shambles because of the money we're paying. I said it's a shambles the way it was handled.

Suspending him and then extending it 3/4 times. Bringing him back to train with the kids and then pretty much humiliating him to the point he refuses to turn up before reaching an agreement to cancel his contract.

It's been obvious from the very early days of his suspension that he was never going to play for us again so the club should have been working day and night to get it sorted and get rid of him, especially if he's such a bad influence that he can't even be trusted to park his car next to the big boys.

We clearly let it fester in the hope that he would do something that would allow us to sack him without a payment rather than just accept it was a mistake and sort it out as early as possible.

Sounds like the management were taking advice throughout from JIm Traynor!   :pipe:

21 minutes ago, papaguy51 said:

He'd not exactly been involved in much controversy recently. 

It sounds to me that you're itching to criticise the club. As far as I'm concerned, we're the first club to give Barton the slap around that he deserves.

No I'm not itching to criticise the club, I am criticising the club.

In the end due to poor decision making we have lost a lot of money and the potential to sign someone more fit to be a rangers player.

You're very blinkered which is strange after us not knowing what has gone on behind completely closed doors. Joey Barton is a twat, but the club knew that before they signed him. Fact is, he's not done anything really bad otherwise he would have been sacked.

So the club misjudged signing him - unforgivable, or the club have failed to handle him properly - unforgivable.

We all know Barton is a cunt, but he was our cunt. The club however made this very big mistake which has burned a lot of our money, are you really trying to pin all the blame on a stupid footballer who has been a problem every where he's gone?

Ludicrous. 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Barton is a Rangers hater, why did he leave Burnley to sign for Rangers?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  It's a genuine question so if you could help me understand I'd appreciate it.

We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.  However, given the collapse of our season I wouldn't be surprised to learn the argument was between Barton and Warburton.  Just because Warburton is the manager of Rangers doesn't mean everything he does is right and questioning his actions should not be confused with 'going against the club'.  The reality is that both of these people may no longer be at the club come January. 

Lastly, I'm not sure what sort of breakdown you're expecting but it certainly wont come from me.  The sooner the manager and underperforming players are replaced the sooner we can get the club back to where it belongs at the top of the table. 

:lol: 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

How do you know he didn't try to do that?

The fact he was in for talks at different times must have been initiated by the club. If the club didn't want to reconcile they would have left him on suspension. 

I could ask the same from the other point of view, why do people think the club have acted embarrassingly when the club could have been bending over backwards to try and give him a second chance. 

7 minutes ago, Cobham said:

The fact he was in for talks at different times must have been initiated by the club. If the club didn't want to reconcile they would have left him on suspension. 

I could ask the same from the other point of view, why do people think the club have acted embarrassingly when the club could have been bending over backwards to try and give him a second chance. 

They couldn't just suspend him indefinitely. Under FIFA regulations Rangers have to provide him with somewhere to train as long as he is a Rangers player. He had to meet the club at some point. From the outside looking in it seems to me MW/the club made their mind up pretty quickly that he was finished and nothing he did would ever change that. That's not a fact, that's just my opinion.

I think its pretty clear from the various statements from the club they were not bending over backwards to get him back into the squad.

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

They couldn't just suspend him indefinitely. Under FIFA regulations Rangers have to provide him with somewhere to train as long as he is a Rangers player. He had to meet the club at some point. From the outside looking in it seems to me MW/the club made their mind up pretty quickly that he was finished and nothing he did would ever change that. That's not a fact, that's just my opinion.

I think its pretty clear from the various statements from the club they were not bending over backwards to get him back into the squad.

The way I saw it was that very soon after the incident he was given a chance to apologise for whatever he had done/said and draw a line under it but he didn't seem to want to do that. Again like you this is my opinion and not fact. Not knowing what actually happened makes it difficult to form an accurate opinion. I do believe however that whatever happened wasn't bad enough for a right out dismissal so it makes it more difficult to understand the whole affair and why it has dragged on and why he wasn't integrated back into the squad. 

Like I said, I'm just glad there seems to be an end in sight so we can get back to moaning about the dross we're watching on the pitch and not the soap opera off it.