The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

52 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He's on A League Of Their Own tonight :lol: 

However, I believe it was filmed ages ago

Sure I read somewhere it was filmed while he was suspended. Will be interesting to see if James Cordon rips the pish out him.

Seen a media story that Barton refused to apologise for questioning the managers methods, specifically - an 'acid tongued criticism' of the defensive setup. In the training ground analysis of 5-1 game (Belfast Telegraph) http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html 

I guess managers don't like experienced players slating their methods ... 

3 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Not a chance. There will be an NDA signed as a part of the settlement.

Asking him to sign an NDA would be like asking him to cut his arm off. I think his reluctance to sign might be one of the reasons why it's dragging on.

38 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

Seen a media story that Barton refused to apologise for questioning the managers methods, specifically - an 'acid tongued criticism' of the defensive setup. In the training ground analysis of 5-1 game (Belfast Telegraph) http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/joey-barton-finally-agrees-rangers-payoff-deal-35203307.html 

I guess managers don't like experienced players slating their methods ... 

I've suspected for a while that Joey had a pop at the managers tactics and got punished for it. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've suspected for a while that Joey had a pop at the managers tactics and got punished for it. 

What's to suspect didn't the manager say this himself, he is also quoted as saying, it was not what was said but the manner in which it was said.

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You make it sound rather tame that a player just has a "pop" at the manager's tactics. I think that Warburton is not averse to criticism, but I would guess that ultimately every player at the club would be required to give that criticism respectfully, and accept his decisions. And that is the way it should be.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

‏@RangersFC
Rangers and Joey Barton have agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect. Neither Rangers nor Joey Barton will comment further.

On what compulsion is Joey Barton going to manage to keep his mouth shut?

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

On what compulsion is Joey Barton going to manage to keep his mouth shut?

He'll probably bring out a sequel to his book.

Joey Barton (the Rangers weeks)

Chapter 1

Spouted shite

Chapter 2 

Played shite

Chapter 3

Got told I was shite

Chapter 4

The shite hit the fan

Fin