The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Why would it? That would be stupid of them.

As would a statement saying he will be training with the reserves  

Because if the opposite of any of those two statements were to happen we would look stupid. 

Well obviously you never know but I think the tone and brevity of the statement makes it look very much like this is simply an agreement to help him keep fit till the transfer window

A disaster, from start-to-finish.

No "we" in sight in that statement from the club; he'll resume training next week and the playing staff will tell him what he's doing. For me, that screams that he'll be training with the development squad and isolated until January.

Our £20,000 per-week marquee signing has spent the past seven weeks suspended and after 837 "no comments" by club officials, we receive that statement. Very professional.

Even the matter has been resolved, our highest earner will be that far from match fitness, he'll be lucky if he can last 90 minutes before Christmas thanks to training neglection.

Pish.

I think from that statement that he will be training away from the first team and probably have to come in and out through a side gate and have no contact with any first team players. All meals will be taken in a broom cupboard with a security guard watching his every move. :pipe:

Or we could maybe all act like adults and say it was a fuck up by all parties and it is now in the past. :ohmy:

A new start for all concerned would be good.  :21:

3 minutes ago, davidcooptemp said:

Unreal just get him to fuck. 20g a week for training with the under 20s. He must be laughing at us.

Getting him to fuck now will involve paying him off his wages anyway

Clearly we haven't found any grounds to dismiss him without pay at all

I have every faith that Joey will fuck up and Rangers will just sack him...give him enough rope and he will hang himself..He has a track record of doing it and whilst it isn't ideal, The Club won't imho have to wait too long for this guys next Gross Misconduct Offence..

Just now, simplythebest said:

Well obviously you never know but I think the tone and brevity of the statement makes it look very much like this is simply an agreement to help him keep fit till the transfer window

Or until he finds his true form, knuckles down, leads our midfield and cracks the winner on Hogmanay. 

?

he doesnt want to stay and wants as big a pay off he can get to go , we dont want him tro stay and want to pay as little as possible for him to leave.

The rest is just a game of poker with both sides playing the game as advised by their legal teams to get what they each want.

The player will leave in January when an exit pay off has been agreed.

Its that simple

50 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-71/

Hmm. Not a statement that suggests he'll be starting any time soon.

Yep.

Sounds like he's training with the youths or in some other form of special arrangement.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal in place to punt him in January, but only if he is fit.  Could also be barton instigating this as I believe he has to be provided training if still under contract and may have something himself lined up as long as he can prove his fitness.

A clusterfuck no matter what way you look at it.  He ain't ever playing for us again, of that I'm sure

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

I have every faith that Joey will fuck up and Rangers will just sack him...give him enough rope and he will hang himself..He has a track record of doing it and whilst it isn't ideal, The Club won't imho have to wait too long for this guys next Gross Misconduct Offence..

How can you say that when we've spent weeks searching for grounds to sack him but to no avail?  He's been very quiet about the situation in public as well

Barton has his moments but he and his legal team will know what they're doing

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Eh?

Everything I've heard about this doesn't indicate anything more serious than a bust up which happens all the time amongst squads yet players involved end up playing again, if that is the case then I can only imagine the manager's simply decided he made a mistake with the signing and has tried to rectify it asap

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

How can you say that when we've spent weeks searching for grounds to sack him but to no avail?  He's been very quiet about the situation in public as well

Barton has his moments but he and his legal team will know what they're doing

His track record speaks for itself..that is why I said what I did..It is my humble opinion on a forum..No more..no less..Let's wait and see what happens..

14 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He started the season very badly like everyone else, I'd say its impossible to make a definitive judgement on what he could have offered us on the park as the season went on and the reasons for him going are off the park ones.

I'd have to disagree, his sideways passing, long balls, turning circle of a bin lorry and lack of quick decision making are all clear indications he doesn't suit our style of play.

Plus why would we want someone who causes such disruption and unrest off the field in our squad?

Get him gone asap.