Warburton's inability to change a game

I honestly can't think of the last time when we were struggling and the manager made a change or tweak that resulted in us winning. When you're as shite as us in the first place, you need to be able to change things. You could tell we were never getting a winner in that game as soon as the second half started, it was the same as St Johnstone last week.

We must be the easiest team to prepare against and they'll know that we'll never change formation. 

Said it a few weeks back an opposition gaffer could give his team talk about how to play against Rangers today for a game played in March next year as nothing will change.

Some of our players just look demoralised under MW now and it's up to the board to do something about it and soon.

3 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I honestly can't think of the last time when we were struggling and the manager made a change or tweak that resulted in us winning. When you're as shite as us in the first place, you need to be able to change things. You could tell we were never getting a winner in that game as soon as the second half started, it was the same as St Johnstone last week.

We must be the easiest team to prepare against and they'll know that we'll never change formation. 

Exactly what we were saying in the pub it's a 433 which remains 433 with fresh legs after substitutions ,  we have no element of suprise for the opposition . 

He replaced the front three, but they got no service. McKay is dreadful. Waghorn and Dodoo were non existent.

The entire midfield was shit. I don't get the fuss over Halliday at all, he is so slow.

Tav and Wallace's final balls are shit. They would be as well staying back.

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

He's never done it. The subs he makes is always just more of the same.

His stubbornness to this philosophy will be his downfall. Can't see him being here in January tbh. The pressure on him will be relentless after a tough run of games in December. 

Take three forwards off, put three on. Every fucking game. 

He really needs to go, he tries to play a style of football he doesnt have the players for and cant/wont change this.

Today a good change 2nd half would have been bring Wilson on sacrifice a winger and change to a 3-5-2 formation but no, usual predictable subs and we essentially look worse for it.

Point is a good manager will look to change things.

Cant see how anyone can defend him now, we are spineless and a bunch of poofs and he has created an atmosphere that mediocrity is acceptable and thats the worst of it all.

The pathetic level of play in injury time really summed up this team, taking forever with throw ins and cant string 2 passes together.

Lastly save me the bullshit of progress because theres no progress this season and next season will be similar as another rebuild will be required.

I'm not sure if it's stubbornness or the fact the media will jump on him as soon as he does change it. I'm starting to doubt he has the mentality to be a Rangers manager. He's got the class, there is no doubt about that. But i don't think he can handle the pressure cooker of Glasgow

1 minute ago, Dietspam said:

It's starting to annoy me now. I'm all for having a philosophy but sometimes you just gotta change things to get the win.

This is just it, I don't think he gets that at Rangers its points on the board first then worry about the performance and he's doing it the other way around which is fine if you do both but when you drop points to the small clubs in the league you are never going to be challenging.

I'm all for trying to play football in a way thats easy on the eye but when it doesn't work you need to have something up your sleeve to graft the points out of the game.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Does seem to resort to the same changes regardless.

McKay and Wahgorn are a waste of time just now.

It's not like its a one off either.

We had 11 players signed this summer and yet we see the same subs named and the same ones coming on at t he same time with the same effect....none.

Last year we had fewer players and we'd always see the likes of Shiels or Law come on at 60 mins.

Had he brought Crooks on and changed the shape to anything other than 433 and we'd at least have forced County to re-evaluate a bit but they had to do fuck all. Their plan worked superbly, it was nearly undone by our early goal but we gifted them a route back into their gameplan.

16 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He really needs to go, he tries to play a style of football he doesnt have the players for and cant/wont change this.

Today a good change 2nd half would have been bring Wilson on sacrifice a winger and change to a 3-5-2 formation but no, usual predictable subs and we essentially look worse for it.

Point is a good manager will look to change things.

Cant see how anyone can defend him now, we are spineless and a bunch of poofs and he has created an atmosphere that mediocrity is acceptable and thats the worst of it all.

The pathetic level of play in injury time really summed up this team, taking forever with throw ins and cant string 2 passes together.

Lastly save me the bullshit of progress because theres no progress this season and next season will be similar as another rebuild will be required.

This! Playing against a bottom table team, with 10 mins to go and we keep fuckin around, playing short passes in our own half, not even trying to get the ball forward and chase a winner. Pathetic. I honestly think it is no longer possible for him to change things. 

20 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

It's starting to annoy me now. I'm all for having a philosophy but sometimes you just gotta change things to get the win.

Exact same mate it's a joke, every team knows how we play and sits in and knows how to counter and what we will do. The system we play would be good with good players and against opposition that will give you a game. It's not suited to the park the bus, hatchet men and counter that most Scottish teams play against us

17 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I'm not sure if it's stubbornness or the fact the media will jump on him as soon as he does change it. I'm starting to doubt he has the mentality to be a Rangers manager. He's got the class, there is no doubt about that. But i don't think he can handle the pressure cooker of Glasgow

He has class as a person, but not as a manager IMO

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

Conte at Chelsea should be a prime example. Started the season with one formation which didn't work, changed it, and it's reaping rewards in terms of form now. 

Playing to his strengths, I guarantee after January Chelsea will be back to playing the way he started with.

That's the point to make, for whatever reason our 4-3-3 worked last year but doesn't this and arguably we have improved the level of quality from last season; Warburton needs to change the formation or his stubbornness will be the rock he will perish on.

The players showed absolutely no interest in seriously trying to win that game today, going in to the last few minutes and we just stuck to keeping possession. It was lazy, slow and unimaginative and that comes from the gaffer because it's no even the first time this season thats happened. 

Ive backed Warburton up to this point but today's the first time I've lost a bit of faith in him. We haven't got the wage budget the tims have to bring in a Sinclair or Dembele so that means changing tactics, being more direct, mixing it up a bit and he just can't do it, whether that stubbornness or inability I don't know but it'll get him the sack either way. 

26 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Exact same mate it's a joke, every team knows how we play and sits in and knows how to counter and what we will do. The system we play would be good with good players and against opposition that will give you a game. It's not suited to the park the bus, hatchet men and counter that most Scottish teams play against us

Spot on,how he can't see this is unbelievable.

38 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It's not like its a one off either.

We had 11 players signed this summer and yet we see the same subs named and the same ones coming on at t he same time with the same effect....none.

Last year we had fewer players and we'd always see the likes of Shiels or Law come on at 60 mins.

Had he brought Crooks on and changed the shape to anything other than 433 and we'd at least have forced County to re-evaluate a bit but they had to do fuck all. Their plan worked superbly, it was nearly undone by our early goal but we gifted them a route back into their gameplan.

424 would be the best shape we could play, wingers are there to get a cross into the box. Get 2 strikers in there and use the wingers to get crosses into the box