THE EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES

THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES

Alright. Enough is enough. It’s time to face facts. There NO CLEAR SIGN THAT THIS IS WORKING OR IS GOING TO START WORKING.

For all the Bears talking about Warburton bringing “a new ethos to the club” I would say: explain yourself! What the fuck are you actually talking about??? Is there some conceptual masterplan that is slowly taking shape up in the clouds that will wondrously manifest itself upon the pitch when the time is right??

Or is it not a classic case of the Emperor’s New Clothes, with Warburton now standing hairy-arsed and bollock-naked with NO MAGIC HAT and, more worryingly, NO FUCKING CLUE how to make his team perform to the required standard?

Is it not finally time that we all accept that Warburton is failing? Failing to get the most out of existing players. Failing to augment the squad with players who can gel and strengthen the team. Failing to adapt tactics to suit the opposition (not even ahead of games let alone during them).

If you want to talk about budget as being all-important then fine, we can’t expect to boss Septic just yet. But we should be dominating almost everyone else, and certainly the likes of Ross County.

And if, as I would advocate, you want to look BEYOND budget to REAL managerial nous, then IF Warburton was special (or even very good) we should realistically by running the Tims close this season. After all, look down south at Leicester where the budget deficit is on an entirely different level.

The fact is that we conceded a goal today that was as simplistic as it was unforgiveable. The defensive flaws that were readily apparent a year ago are just as apparent now. And it isn’t just our defending: barely a Gers player on the pitch was worthy of the jersey today.

So you can shove your talk of “the gradual process of installing a new ethos at Murray Park and Ibrox” up your arse. We are going backwards. Players who were decent have fallen away (McKay & Wallace in particular). New signings under Warburton – even if you excuse the volatile gob-shite Barton and injured Kranjcar - are failing to shine in the SPL. Since September I can’t see ANY consistent signs of real quality from Waghorn, Kiernan, Garner, Forrester or Windass – and I doubt that Dodoo and Senderos will buck the trend of mediocrity. It all looks VERY fucking pedestrian indeed. In the context of today’s efforts against the Highland minnows, with the exception of Miller and MOH I would struggle to name anyone who doesn’t look either uncomfortable or, frankly, out of his depth. Even the keeper was abject pish today.

I’ve held faith up until now. After all, Bears are not fickle by nature. But I just don’t see the argument that Warburton is doing a good job. I don’t see that he is justifying his salary, or worthy of the belief that many Bears are still affording him.

I was devastated to my core four years ago. I’ve been largely miserable since. I can’t be truly happy in life when my beloved Rangers are in the shite and those scummy plastic fuck-ups are winning the trophies and going to Europe. And yet…I have been patient as we have all had to be. It was always going to take time for us to rebuild after Murray’s betrayal, Whyte’s incompetence, Green & Co’s opportunistic plundering. And, of course, our wonderful new Board have not invested as they indicated they would.

But even taking all that into account. This is not right. We are not moving forward like we should be at this stage and I can no longer see Warburton turning it around.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Good post SLGer,I'm a Warburton backer but I'm being sorely tested atm,this just can't go on and the board need to get the finger out and produce the necessary cash to strengthen the team.

Exactly. I said I was going to back our manager until the end of the seson, and I'm sticking by that. But it's going to be one long season, that's for sure. January is going to be an interesting time to see if the board do actually back him with decent cash.  

29 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Good post SLGer,I'm a Warburton backer but I'm being sorely tested atm,this just can't go on and the board need to get the finger out and produce the necessary cash to strengthen the team.

tried so hard to keep faith but every time we put in a performance that makes me think "okay, that's more like it" we fail completely to build on it and we're a shambles again.

1 minute ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Exactly. I said I was going to back our manager until the end of the seson, and I'm sticking by that. But it's going to be one long season, that's for sure. January is going to be an interesting time to see if the board do actually back him with decent cash.  

But stop and think - can he spot a decent player or can MW be allowed to spend more on his "philosophy" of football that he struggles to show us all what it actually looks like? 

The board have a HUGE decision in January to make and we will be able to tell if he is still backed, with a decent budget or his cards are marked with very little of a budget. The cash being held back for the summer and a new gaffer. 

I want MW to succeed only because we are all aching for a glimpse of success after what we have came through. I'm sure I'm blinded by that but for now I'm still willing. 

58 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

THE EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES

Alright. Enough is enough. It’s time to face facts. There NO CLEAR SIGN THAT THIS IS WORKING OR IS GOING TO START WORKING.

For all the Bears talking about Warburton bringing “a new ethos to the club” I would say: explain yourself! What the fuck are you actually talking about??? Is there some conceptual masterplan that is slowly taking shape up in the clouds that will wondrously manifest itself upon the pitch when the time is right??

Or is it not a classic case of the Emperor’s New Clothes, with Warburton now standing hairy-arsed and bollock-naked with NO MAGIC HAT and, more worryingly, NO FUCKING CLUE how to make his team perform to the required standard?

Is it not finally time that we all accept that Warburton is failing? Failing to get the most out of existing players. Failing to augment the squad with players who can gel and strengthen the team. Failing to adapt tactics to suit the opposition (not even ahead of games let alone during them).

If you want to talk about budget as being all-important then fine, we can’t expect to boss Septic just yet. But we should be dominating almost everyone else, and certainly the likes of Ross County.

And if, as I would advocate, you want to look BEYOND budget to REAL managerial nous, then IF Warburton was special (or even very good) we should realistically by running the Tims close this season. After all, look down south at Leicester where the budget deficit is on an entirely different level.

The fact is that we conceded a goal today that was as simplistic as it was unforgiveable. The defensive flaws that were readily apparent a year ago are just as apparent now. And it isn’t just our defending: barely a Gers player on the pitch was worthy of the jersey today.

So you can shove your talk of “the gradual process of installing a new ethos at Murray Park and Ibrox” up your arse. We are going backwards. Players who were decent have fallen away (McKay & Wallace in particular). New signings under Warburton – even if you excuse the volatile gob-shite Barton and injured Kranjcar - are failing to shine in the SPL. Since September I can’t see ANY consistent signs of real quality from Waghorn, Kiernan, Garner, Forrester or Windass – and I doubt that Dodoo and Senderos will buck the trend of mediocrity. It all looks VERY fucking pedestrian indeed. In the context of today’s efforts against the Highland minnows, with the exception of Miller and MOH I would struggle to name anyone who doesn’t look either uncomfortable or, frankly, out of his depth. Even the keeper was abject pish today.

I’ve held faith up until now. After all, Bears are not fickle by nature. But I just don’t see the argument that Warburton is doing a good job. I don’t see that he is justifying his salary, or worthy of the belief that many Bears are still affording him.

I was devastated to my core four years ago. I’ve been largely miserable since. I can’t be truly happy in life when my beloved Rangers are in the shite and those scummy plastic fuck-ups are winning the trophies and going to Europe. And yet…I have been patient as we have all had to be. It was always going to take time for us to rebuild after Murray’s betrayal, Whyte’s incompetence, Green & Co’s opportunistic plundering. And, of course, our wonderful new Board have not invested as they indicated they would.

But even taking all that into account. This is not right. We are not moving forward like we should be at this stage and I can no longer see Warburton turning it around.

Truth can hurt like Hell and this is it in spades.Great post.

£1.8m for Garner who frankly is no better than a run of the mill SPFL striker signed for 100k.

£20,000 a week for Barton who can't play cause MW is in a huff with him.

£10,000 a week for Kranjcar who will be lucky to play another 10 games or so for the club.

£250,000 for Dodoo just to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes every 3 or 4 games or so.

The above probably cost more than most of the teams in the SPFLs yearly budget for players.

Disaster of a season

The only good thing is we may be good enough to have a shot at Europa League qualifiers next year and have a summer to get some players in

Is MW the man to get us into 2nd or 3rd and then qualify for Europe proper?

I don't think so, at least not for Europe anyway

39 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction 

Knee-jerk reaction? :lol: we've been like this since we beat the rapists mid April.

When's it stop becoming a knee-jerk reaction in your eyes?

We could get relegated and some fans would still be singing Andy Halliday ole ole ole and Warburton's magic hat pish.

7 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

£1.8m for Garner who frankly is no better than a run of the mill SPFL striker signed for 100k.

£10,000 a week for Kranjcar who will be lucky to play another 10 games or so for the club.

£250,000 for Dodoo just to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes every 3 or 4 games or so.

The above probably cost more than most of the teams in the SPFLs yearly budget for players.

That's some scary and truthful perspective mate. 

9 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

That's nuts eh! Hope the daily record credit you when that appears in it tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Sad but true. :(

6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Disaster of a season

The only good thing is we may be good enough to have a shot at Europa League qualifiers next year and have a summer to get some players in

Is MW the man to get us into 2nd or 3rd and then qualify for Europe proper?

I don't think so, at least not for Europe anyway

I have no doubt we will get 2nd but only because the rest are just slightly poorer than us.

2nd place for me, as a Rangers fan, is last ?

This has been going on since we beat the Earls in April so it's not jyst hapoened..442 would have won us the game today.433 worked against killie..All good managers need to be able to change. He's not changing when plan A is struggling. We could see before the equaliser we were exposed yet nothing is done. I don't know the answer bit someone at Rangers has to show some baws and do something or second place will be gone by Xmas cos we've hearts twice the beggars and the sheep so we could be in serious bother if something isn't done .

16 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Don't forget giving RK a new deal and signing Hill (whose coming onto a game) and Sendoros which isn't exactly building for the future.