Realistic transfer targets

stevemac

Wondering what folks suggestions are for transfer targets in the upcoming window?

Heard about this rushian kid from villa, but from what i gather he's no really a priority signing as most of us know we need someone to make the defence rock solid and a winger that can beat a man and put it in the box. Striker probably won't be addressed with us splashing on garner so I suspect any activity will be to aid the supply to the strikers and warbs is banking on garner and waggy pulling their fingers out and finishing chances.

I often see people posting names of players and rough transfer values so just thought I'd see if a thread could get going listing players, where there from and whether they are realistic (all probably sub £1m with the financial situation)

Getting Barton off the wage bill is a big help towards us bringing some talent in.

So what do yous reckon? WATP

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Wondering what folks suggestions are for transfer targets in the upcoming window?

Heard about this rushian kid from villa, but from what i gather he's no really a priority signing as most of us know we need someone to make the defence rock solid and a winger that can beat a man and put it in the box. Striker probably won't be addressed with us splashing on garner so I suspect any activity will be to aid the supply to the strikers and warbs is banking on garner and waggy pulling their fingers out and finishing chances.

I often see people posting names of players and rough transfer values so just thought I'd see if a thread could get going listing players, where there from and whether they are realistic (all probably sub £1m with the financial situation)

Getting Barton off the wage bill is a big help towards us bringing some talent in.

So what do yous reckon? WATP

There's loads of discussion on potential signing targets in the transfer forum?

I will tell you what kind of signing I would like in the next window one no matter what position he plays who is 100% fit and match fit. I would love to know why unlike most other teams we have in the past and up until the present day signed  players who are injured and not match fit when they come to the club. you would think they would be ready to hit the ground running it would certainly help the gelling of new players bullshit that we get spun year in year out.

If MW is given a free hand in the transfer window again we'll see 2 maybe 3 signings come in and play a few games they wont work out and then he'll go back to the usual players and we'll be stuck paying wages for even more players that won't kick a ball for the club long term.

An out and out goal scorer should be our top priority.Our whole front line is poor to say the least.Games are won by outscoring the opposition something that is not happening as the stats clearly show.When you only get one or two chances in a game those chances have to be taken and clearly as Sunday showed our current front line are not taking those few chances.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

An out and out goal scorer should be our top priority.Our whole front line is poor to say the least.Games are won by outscoring the opposition something that is not happening as the stats clearly show.When you only get one or two chances in a game those chances have to be taken and clearly as Sunday showed our current front line are not taking those few chances.

We need a central midfielder that's going to be in the starting 11 every week. If any of the midfielders playing just now were dropped no one would kick up too much of a fuss which isn't right IMO.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

We need a central midfielder that's going to be in the starting 11 every week. If any of the midfielders playing just now were dropped no one would kick up too much of a fuss which isn't right IMO.

All about opinions but im sticking with mine and that we need goals and that means an out and out goal scorer.To many games and to many chances squandered by all the front line,Miller,Garner,Waghorn,Mckay etc. As I say games are won by outscoring the opposition and we are obviously not.The goals for which our front line have contributed this season is pish.You can look at the midfield and perhaps lay some of the blame but the facts are there in black and white we are not scoring enough goals,they are all missing those few chances that come along.Thats the difference between an average striker and a good striker,taking those few chances that come along.

Just now, sammy cox said:

All about opinions but im sticking with mine and that we need goals and that means an out and out goal scorer.To many games and to many chances squandered by all the front line,Miller,Garner,Waghorn,Mckay etc. As I say games are won by outscoring the opposition and we are obviously not.The goals for which our front line have contributed this season is pish.You can look at the midfield and perhaps lay some of the blame but the facts are there in black and white we are not scoring enough goals,they are all missing those few chances that come along.Thats the difference between an average striker and a good striker,taking those few chances that come along.

Don't disagree with what you're saying just think centre midfield should be the priority given what's happened with Barton, Kranjcar and the fact no one really knows what's going on with Rossiter.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Don't disagree with what you're saying just think centre midfield should be the priority given what's happened with Barton, Kranjcar and the fact no one really knows what's going on with Rossiter.

As I say its all about opinions and mines is that we are not getting demolished ( apart from the scum game ) in which Barton and Kranjcar both played as we all know but as Neil McCaan pointed out that we are dominating games but not finishing them off and that is down to our front men not taking those chances plain and simple.