WE TOLD YOU

royal borough

As a Brentford fan reading the comments on here about Mark Warburton  doesn't surprise me .The style of football he employed was our defenders were always exposed and looked at   times as someone on here best described  a bomb scare . The fact was in his last season at Brentford we never beat any of the top eight teams in the championships. that gives an indication against better teams   the system he employs of 4-3-3 simply doesn't work with the standard of  players we had.

we had good players but they weren't   Barcelona .I believe the  fallout between the Owner  Benham and Warburton was Benham employed a team of professional annalist too recruit players called a money ball system used heavily in the states based on statistics  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/brentford-owner-matthew-benham-hates-moneyballinfluence    he probably had no influence in the players being brought to the club .

We had reasonable players but a system that only worked against players that technical weren't as good. We even noticed sometimes in the last 15 mins of a game our fitness levels dropped and i'm not sure if that was down to over training or not enough training.  My expectations of my team are low so anything better then third tier football is amazing but Benham has invested around 75 million into the club up to now, so even when Warburton got us promoted it was reported we  had the second highest wage bill in the first division (third tier)

Our long standing defender Kevin O'Connor was ecstatic to jump ship when he was offered a coaching role at the club. Friends close too him reported under Warburton it was the most stressful time of his career   as he basically  had enough of being  slated every week  . The style of play means  The midfield gets  overrun and the forwards become spectators .

I always remember against Middlesbrough how they pressed us even from the back and we couldn't get the ball out of are own half it was painful the middlesbrough defence pushed up to the half way line  and we had no outlet   the players really looked as though they would get into trouble if they would punt it up field.  Middlesbrough's midfield were basically camped in our penalty area  and their midfielders spraying balls across our penalty area as our defenders  were helpless 

I think he is a genuine nice bloke but  I think now  Brentford look more solid and difficult team to play against we didn't reach the play offs last year but we did sell about 11 million pounds worth of players too balance the books .

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Is there really any need for that?  The guy is bang on in describing what we are watching.

If he is a genuine Brentford fan, then no.

But i have my doubts.

That information can be easily gathered from a Brentford forum by an obsessed one.

My point was, the thread title "we told you"

He obviously never with it being his first post.

Just now, plumbGER said:

But i have my doubts.

That information can be easily gathered from a Brentford forum by an obsessed one.

I seem to remember Brentford fan posting or being quoted when MW first came to RFC.  The guy today said we told you not I told you.  

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

But i have my doubts.

You really do go on the guy is only telling us what we are starting to see

38 minutes ago, royal borough said:

As a Brentford fan reading the comments on here about Mark Warburton  doesn't surprise me .The style of football he employed was our defenders were always exposed and looked at   times as someone on here best described  a bomb scare . The fact was in his last season at Brentford we never beat any of the top eight teams in the championships. that gives an indication against better teams   the system he employs of 4-3-3 simply doesn't work with the standard of  players we had.

we had good players but they weren't   Barcelona .I believe the  fallout between the Owner  Benham and Warburton was Benham employed a team of professional annalist too recruit players called a money ball system used heavily in the states based on statistics  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/15/brentford-owner-matthew-benham-hates-moneyballinfluence    he probably had no influence in the players being brought to the club .

We had reasonable players but a system that only worked against players that technical weren't as good. We even noticed sometimes in the last 15 mins of a game our fitness levels dropped and i'm not sure if that was down to over training or not enough training.  My expectations of my team are low so anything better then third tier football is amazing but Benham has invested around 75 million into the club up to now, so even when Warburton got us promoted it was reported we  had the second highest wage bill in the first division (third tier)

Our long standing defender Kevin O'Connor was ecstatic to jump ship when he was offered a coaching role at the club. Friends close too him reported under Warburton it was the most stressful time of his career   as he basically  had enough of being  slated every week  . The style of play means  The midfield gets  overrun and the forwards become spectators .

I always remember against Middlesbrough how they pressed us even from the back and we couldn't get the ball out of are own half it was painful the middlesbrough defence pushed up to the half way line  and we had no outlet   the players really looked as though they would get into trouble if they would punt it up field.  Middlesbrough's midfield were basically camped in our penalty area  and their midfielders spraying balls across our penalty area as our defenders  were helpless 

I think he is a genuine nice bloke but  I think now  Brentford look more solid and difficult team to play against we didn't reach the play offs last year but we did sell about 11 million pounds worth of players too balance the books .

Just you worry about your own shitey wee team.

He had reasonable success at Brentford in the Championship so it's easy to understand how many thought he would do a decent job in the piss poor Scottish Premiership.  I do remember him having a few doubters in his defensive frailties however.

36 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I seem to remember Brentford fan posting or being quoted when MW first came to RFC.  The guy today said we told you not I told you.  

I remember that too.

I also remember, as others have mentioned, Brentford fans gutted about losing him and posting it in here.

So "he" is not part of "we".

Ok.

Forgive me for being suspicious of new posters who start off with saying "we told you so"

29 minutes ago, Zulu said:

You really do go on the guy is only telling us what we are starting to see

We can see with our own eyes, we don't need other people to point our weaknesses.

I, for one, seen noticable weaknesses since about the turn of the year last year.

Tbh I remember a few Brentford fans highlighting the same kind of chat above. Similar to a couple of Brentford players saying the same thing also. It's just blind loyalty that the Rangers fans are getting behind him because everything is pretty much pointing to him being unable to make the step up that we require. 

Don't bother giving me the "aye but we are only a point off second place pish"

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Tbh I remember a few Brentford fans highlighting the same kind of chat above. Similar to a couple of Brentford players saying the same thing also. It's just blind loyalty that the Rangers fans are getting behind him because everything is pretty much pointing to him being unable to make the step up that we require. 

Don't bother giving me the "aye but we are only a point off second place pish"

What do you suggest we do?

No blind loyalty from me either.

Questions need asked of his performance and i am on record as saying that.

He demands the players be flexible when he is rigid in his outlook, that's what annoys me the most.

14 minutes ago, patchydoodle said:

An intelligent thoughtful post and this is the knuckle dragging response - quick count my posts and launch abuse at me

Irony overload.

:wanker:

*edit* just noticed the contribution from Smile.

Nothing intelligent and thoughtful about copying and pasting a post from someone else.