Windass

BlueAvenger

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I enjoy watching Windass and believe he'll be an important player for us this season but by no means was he having the type of performance that deserved people booing the manager for taking him off. We were starved of quality when we got into the final third and he wasn't exactly doing much to change that so booing the manager for that was crazy to me. 

For as much hate as I give Mckay on this we actually looked more dangerous after he came on for Windass(until he got put back out left). The manager got that change spot on for me. 

There was so much built up frustration at that point in the game I think he could of brought off any of the midfield 3 and got booed for it. 

Part of it was it was yet another like for like sub 

Replacing Windass was really bad idea, i thought, but it turned out good. The subs today did quite well for a change. Of course the main focus would be on Dodoo setting up the goal, and Forrester scoring it, but i thought Mckay also got well into the game. He still annoys the hell out of me with his contant decisions not to shoot, but to pass wide instead. Not having enough shots is an issue him and Windass both are sharing. Anyways, long and tough 90 mins with a late winner, but 3 points nonetheless. 

15 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

I think that's giving people to much credit. Maybe a few booed for that reason but the majority would still have booed no matter who came on for him.

Tbh mate i find it hard too criticise anyone for booing/not booing , its getting really frustrating watching us at times just now and imo if you pay your money you can do what you want 

we were all booing that decision today, it was a bizarre substitution as windass was clearly our best player. I dont get MW explanation about Josh being a young player, he's a footballer with many 90 min games under his belt, i thing sometimes MW thinks we will just accept anything he says. 

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Tbh mate i find it hard too criticise anyone for booing/not booing , its getting really frustrating watching us at times just now and imo if you pay your money you can do what you want 

Nah I understand. I'm not trying to say people should or shouldn't boo because quite frankly who's going to listen to a guy who doesn't even have a profile picture on a forum but just in my general opinion I found it strange to start booing over it, seeing as he wasn't playing THAT well. 

1 hour ago, Lothianbear said:

we were all booing that decision today, it was a bizarre substitution as windass was clearly our best player. I dont get MW explanation about Josh being a young player, he's a footballer with many 90 min games under his belt, i thing sometimes MW thinks we will just expect anything he says. 

To be fair, most of us have came to expect what he is going to say these days.

Perhaps the manager felt we were struggling thru the middle and wanted to add some width.  Normally he's getting pelters for being predictable, today it is for trying something different.   

Anyhow three points, thats what matters.  

ps 17 shots versus Dundee's 4.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

That's a lot of pish from MW, he looked fine and was playing well.

McKay is a shitebag. 

Quite possibly, re McKay, but he did give the ball to Dodoo for the match winning cross.

It's all about impact.